NU coaches: "Three spots left in the class"

Does Burkes leaving open up another slot, or do you think that was laready factored in?

Well taking out the 13 Seniors leaving, assuming Ricky gets a Medical otherwise it is 14, I show 66 on scholarship. That makes 19 spots with 18 committed and 1 of those 18 already signed. So I guess 1 spot left, but since the coaches said 3 spots I am guessing that they will take 20 or 21.

Actually make that 67 on scholarship, took Ricky out of the Sr. class but forgot to add him to the Jr. soon to be Sr. class. That means that technically right now with 18 commits, NU has no more room. We all know what Bo said though so expect some other departures.

caveman just created the first ever "triple post".

sweet.

:leghump:

:backtotopic

Yeah sometimes this board just freezes as you submit a response. When it stops you try to refresh and you have to resend it. When the board finally loads right you have multiple posts.

Does Burkes leaving open up another slot, or do you think that was laready factored in?

Well taking out the 13 Seniors leaving, assuming Ricky gets a Medical otherwise it is 14, I show 66 on scholarship. That makes 19 spots with 18 committed and 1 of those 18 already signed. So I guess 1 spot left, but since the coaches said 3 spots I am guessing that they will take 20 or 21.

Actually make that 67 on scholarship, took Ricky out of the Sr. class but forgot to add him to the Jr. soon to be Sr. class. That means that technically right now with 18 commits, NU has no more room. We all know what Bo said though so expect some other departures.

There is a chance of Cotton gray-shirting. Maybe the coaches used his scholly to "hold" a scholly for another player. Just speculation.

Good question. I guess it depends on whether he'll remain on scholarship. But I do know that it is something the coaches and many fans have expected for a while. So I'm sure the coaches have factored this into their 2010 recruiting plans.

Well they were able to still pay for Blake, but get a medical exemption so that he doesn't count against the 85 limit. I would assume that if this is because of medical issues then they could do the same with Burkes.

correct, players with career ending injuries can go on medical scholarship and not count towards the 85. also, i'm assuming the coaches saw this coming quite a long time ago.

sweet.

Yeah sometimes this board just freezes as you submit a response. When it stops you try to refresh and you have to resend it. When the board finally loads right you have multiple posts.

is it just me, or has the frequency of this happening been increasing as of late?

Good question. I guess it depends on whether he'll remain on scholarship. But I do know that it is something the coaches and many fans have expected for a while. So I'm sure the coaches have factored this into their 2010 recruiting plans.

Well they were able to still pay for Blake, but get a medical exemption so that he doesn't count against the 85 limit. I would assume that if this is because of medical issues then they could do the same with Burkes.

correct, players with career ending injuries can go on medical scholarship and not count towards the 85. also, i'm assuming the coaches saw this coming quite a long time ago.

Thanks for the clarification. That's good to hear.

sweet.

is it just me, or has the frequency of this happening been increasing as of late?

To me it has for sure. Getting annoying.