SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

ESPN's minor league guru rated Starling the #5 prospect in the Royal's farm system. Not bad for a group that is well-regarded and the first on the Royal's list not in the Top 100 overall. However, the write-up leaves a less-than-rosy picture. He was listed as the "bad news" for Royals fans and stated that he was "miserable" before undergoing LASIK surgery last summer and wasn't a lot better after that. Many think his swing is not smooth enough and he misses a lot of pitches.

Forgot he was the #5 overall pick. Harrison will likely be well down from that. Perhaps Harrison will be catching passing from Starling in a couple year. chuckleshuffle

Can you imagine having both of them playing football and baseball at Nebraska?! That'd be pretty sweet. But Bubba probably couldn't since he's played at the (kind of) professional level and got paid, right? Not sure how it works for baseball.

Edit: Lyons beat me to that question.

Would he be allowed to play baseball if he came back to school? Or just football?
REALLY! You're just funnin around right? Getting paid to play Baseball as we speak. Can't return to college to play baseball.

I believe a simple no would have sufficed. There are so many damn rules within the ncaa I can't keep them all straight. I didn't think he could, but I thought I'd double check.

Would he be allowed to play baseball if he came back to school? Or just football?
REALLY! You're just funnin around right? Getting paid to play Baseball as we speak. Can't return to college to play baseball.

I believe a simple no would have sufficed. There are so many damn rules within the ncaa I can't keep them all straight. I didn't think he could, but I thought I'd double check.

I thought you might actually be kidding, a wishful thinking type deal. Wasn't trying to rile anyone up. Sorry if it seemed that way.

I thought you might actually be kidding, a wishful thinking type deal. Wasn't trying to rile anyone up. Sorry if it seemed that way.

What was the deal with Russel Wilson? He got drafted in 2010 by the Rockies and played two seasons for their affiliated teams before going to Wisconsin. He got paid to play, obviously.

Sounds like a similar situation to Bubba if he did now play football in college.

What was the deal with Russel Wilson? He got drafted in 2010 by the Rockies and played two seasons for their affiliated teams before going to Wisconsin. He got paid to play, obviously.

Sounds like a similar situation to Bubba if he did now play football in college.

He didn't play baseball in college which was the question.