SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

Bubba to change positions? From his quote in the last sentence, sounds as if he's been promised he won't be redshirted. Assuming t-bad-card-trick wins the starting job, which I've heard he's been impressive so far this offseason, it doesn't make sense to burn a year for bubba if he's on the bench. Everyone talks about turner playing wide receiver but I think with bubbas athletic ability and measurables he'd be a great wr on the outside. Thoughts?

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/09/2644737_starlings-future-remains-uncertain.html?storylink=omni_popular

Seems like NU under Bo is more likely to let true freshmen play than in times past. Frosh hardly ever saw the field under Osborne or Solich. I wouldn't bet against Bubba seeing the field this year. I could see Bo finding a way to use him. I think he's that good. That is, IF he makes it to campus this fall.

Just read an srticle on the Kansas City Star site.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/09/2644737/starlings-future-remains-uncertain.html

Very interesting that most drafts have Bubba go high as a pitcher. But he comments that he is going to be playing less pitcher and more center field instead, you wonder if that might affect his draft status.

I guess it comes down to, do you want to be a multi-millionaire this year or in 4 or 5 years with a college degree?

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/09/2644737/starlings-future-remains-uncertain.html

Very interesting that most drafts have Bubba go high as a pitcher. But he comments that he is going to be playing less pitcher and more center field instead, you wonder if that might affect his draft status.

I guess it comes down to, do you want to be a multi-millionaire this year or in 4 or 5 years with a college degree?

I'd say if there's ever a case when you promise a kid he won't have to redshirt, I'd say Bubba fits the bill

On paper, one of the crown jewels of Nebraska's recruiting class is Bubba Starling, a highly-touted quarterback prospect from Gardner, KS (an exurb of Kansas City). Starling is one of the top high school quarterbacks in the country, and he could probably challenge reigning Big XII Freshman of the Year Taylor Martinez for a starting role on Day 1.

In fact, Starling is such a good athlete that he's also one of the best baseball prospects in the nation, and although Nebraska has offered him a spot on both its football and baseball teams, that might not be enough for the young man Baseball America anointed as its No. 1 high school prospect. And since Scott Boras is advising the young man, well, it seems as if his story's already written. LINK

Another article today on cbssports(dot)com. The guy is a rock star.

I'd say if there's ever a case when you promise a kid he won't have to redshirt, I'd say Bubba fits the bill

thats what ive been saying, there is no way the kid is going to turn down 5 million to redshirt. Hes going to want to come in and play....the wildbubba

• Fire 1