SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

Will he actually sign with us in February then? So, say he goes baseball and decides after couple of years it's not for him, will he still be committed to us since he signed his LOI to us? Thanks for info.

If I remember the Khiry Cooper situation, he will sign then when he gets drafted in June he will have to make a decision before the start of Fall camp.

Will he actually sign with us in February then? So, say he goes baseball and decides after couple of years it's not for him, will he still be committed to us since he signed his LOI to us? Thanks for info.

If I remember the Khiry Cooper situation, he will sign then when he gets drafted in June he will have to make a decision before the start of Fall camp.

This year the deadline to sign with the MLB was August 15. But there is talk about moving that up to July.

This year the deadline to sign with the MLB was August 15. But there is talk about moving that up to July.

So, if he decides baseball that voids his LOI?

Just means he'll never enroll at NU and therefor won't be eligiable to play. As I understand it, the LOI just means that you are committed to playing for a certain school. There's probably a condition that dictates an enrollment period - so if he goes to the minors for 3 years and decides to come back and play football he won't have to be released from his LOI. Likewise, if someone like Heard who signs the LOI doesn't make the grades to enroll on time, Nebraska isn't bound to accept his LOI down the road.

Just means he'll never enroll at NU and therefor won't be eligiable to play. As I understand it, the LOI just means that you are committed to playing for a certain school. There's probably a condition that dictates an enrollment period - so if he goes to the minors for 3 years and decides to come back and play football he won't have to be released from his LOI. Likewise, if someone like Heard who signs the LOI doesn't make the grades to enroll on time, Nebraska isn't bound to accept his LOI down the road.

I wouldn't say never. For some reason, Weeden and Weinke come to mind.

Bo went to his game a couple weeks ago. His high school coach is my old high school coach. It's hilarious that Deiner would say Bubba is the fastest player he's ever coached.

Considering a guy who is an all pro CB for the Cowboys named Terrence Newman was also a Deiner product. Terrence owns the 100 and 200 yd dash records in the state of KS. With times like 10.2 and 22.7 or something like that. Deiner knows how to coach HS though, he has won like 6 titles and runner up like 3 or 4 others

Not Quite.........Kansas All-Time Lists

well, guess i was way off...thanks for, uh, clearing that up for me...lol

i thought terrance owned a couple records..maybe they are from his B12 sprinting days or maybe just school records. anyway, i would put terrance up against bubba 100 out of 100

Bubba wins Gatorade Kansas Football Player of the Year.

http://www.morningsun.net/sports/x1790518401/Starling-wins-Gatorade-Kansas-Football-POY

Congrats probably the eastiest POY selection in the state ever. We know more likely than not that Bubba will add the baseball POY, and honestly he very easily could be the BBall POY. He is that good. Not to shabby of a trophey collection either way.

Bubba wins Gatorade Kansas Football Player of the Year.

http://www.morningsun.net/sports/x1790518401/Starling-wins-Gatorade-Kansas-Football-POY

Congrats probably the eastiest POY selection in the state ever. We know more likely than not that Bubba will add the baseball POY, and honestly he very easily could be the BBall POY. He is that good. Not to shabby of a trophey collection either way.

Reminds me of Joe Mauer in high school. He was national player of the year in baseball and football. He wasn't that great at basketball though. Just all-state. That's all.

I know earlier this year his football coach said if he wasn't so known as a football/baseball prospect for so long, D-1 b-ball coaches would be beating down his door. Said he had 40 some dunks last season or some number that is pretty crazy for a high schooler. The kid has skillz. Yes good enough he gets a z after skill not an s.