SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

Bubba is so comparable to Jake Locker in HS that it is almost freaky.

Funny, I was telling my buddy that lives in Kansas City the exact same thing.

If that's the case let's hope that if he does end up at NU he produces better results for us than Locker has at U Dud! Having outstanding measurables is great and all, but it doesn't necessarily win football games.

for my 500th post I thought I'd share a little nugget of info. Was at a friend's house this weekend - who happens to be on Gardner's athletic staff - and they were talking about Bubba. The amount of publicity and pressure this kid is under seems to be out of this world. He came to the volleyball game Saturday evening (districts) and he was carrying a baby. It was one of those fake babies HS kids have to carry around. He tried to get a bunch of girls to carry it because he didn't want rumors to start that he had a kid. He doesn't have FB, nor does any of his family to avoid any negative press. HS girls flat out fight over him. If you hear an insider talk about how a family member says he's going to college, that is because the family has a very unified front - and the only information members are suposed to give out is of this sort. it's all about having the leverage to negotiate his baseball contract. it's kind of interesting to follow. i can't imagine being in his shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

Bo went to his game a couple weeks ago. His high school coach is my old high school coach. It's hilarious that Deiner would say Bubba is the fastest player he's ever coached.

Considering a guy who is an all pro CB for the Cowboys named Terrence Newman was also a Deiner product. Terrence owns the 100 and 200 yd dash records in the state of KS. With times like 10.2 and 22.7 or something like that. Deiner knows how to coach HS though, he has won like 6 titles and runner up like 3 or 4 others

• 3 weeks later...

for my 500th post I thought I'd share a little nugget of info. Was at a friend's house this weekend - who happens to be on Gardner's athletic staff - and they were talking about Bubba. The amount of publicity and pressure this kid is under seems to be out of this world. He came to the volleyball game Saturday evening (districts) and he was carrying a baby. It was one of those fake babies HS kids have to carry around. He tried to get a bunch of girls to carry it because he didn't want rumors to start that he had a kid. He doesn't have FB, nor does any of his family to avoid any negative press. HS girls flat out fight over him. If you hear an insider talk about how a family member says he's going to college, that is because the family has a very unified front - and the only information members are suposed to give out is of this sort. it's all about having the leverage to negotiate his baseball contract. it's kind of interesting to follow. i can't imagine being in his shoes.

What I take from that is that he will not be here.

Bo went to his game a couple weeks ago. His high school coach is my old high school coach. It's hilarious that Deiner would say Bubba is the fastest player he's ever coached.

Considering a guy who is an all pro CB for the Cowboys named Terrence Newman was also a Deiner product. Terrence owns the 100 and 200 yd dash records in the state of KS. With times like 10.2 and 22.7 or something like that. Deiner knows how to coach HS though, he has won like 6 titles and runner up like 3 or 4 others

Not Quite.........Kansas All-Time Lists

Just named the number one high school baseball prospect by Baseball America:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101119/BIGRED03/101119646

Scary stuff if you're expecting Bubba to come to Nebraska. I saw this headline and figured that was the final nail in the coffin. I will be really, really surprised if he comes, and I think this is why we got Jamal Turner.

Yeah, scary stuff alright. But you just never know. Maybe Bubba likes football more than baseball.

Just named the number one high school baseball prospect by Baseball America:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101119/BIGRED03/101119646

Scary stuff if you're expecting Bubba to come to Nebraska. I saw this headline and figured that was the final nail in the coffin. I will be really, really surprised if he comes, and I think this is why we got Jamal Turner.

Yeah, scary stuff alright. But you just never know. Maybe Bubba likes football more than baseball.

He probably likes both equally. Money now and being able to remember how to use it later in life will probably win out though. :)

If that's the case, does that swing the momentum in our favor as far as him choosing football over baseball?

One would think so, as I'd imagine an injury like that would have a pretty significant effect on his draft status. Obviously, not as significant as an arm injury, but it's probably enough to drop him a ways in the draft.

If that's the case, does that swing the momentum in our favor as far as him choosing football over baseball?

One would think so, as I'd imagine an injury like that would have a pretty significant effect on his draft status. Obviously, not as significant as an arm injury, but it's probably enough to drop him a ways in the draft.

No it doesn't. He's a pitcher. It's not like it's an outfielder tearing their ACL.