SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

10 Passing attempts, 15 yards rushing outside of his 85 yard option. Not a lot of gametime for Bubba it seems in such a lopsided win... What did he play 2 series? Where are the stats for the rest of the game...

He played almost all 4 quarters. I went to the first half, watched the second at the local bar in town. He had the 85 yard run (was actually 80, my bad), and a great 35 yard run. The had a spy on him all night. He was tackled for a loss a few times as they really focused on him. He had a couple very nice passes. One where they lined up on the right hash, he rolled to his left and tossed a 45 yard ball on the run for 55yards. Another rolling right, released at opponents 40 and carred to the 3 yard line. Looked like he barely flicked it. Has some great arm strength. Threw a lot across the middle that had a lot of zip on them...kind of like Brett Favre puts em in those tight positions.

They have a 218lb back (Jensen), senior that was an absolute pounder. Ran some DB over on a two point conversion that caused 3,000 people to gasp all at once. Had another really solid back as well that was very ellusive. Their line played well. Lucas Powell did an excellent job.

Dylan Admire played for Blue Valley West. I can see why there might have been some issues with his size. He was far from the biggest linemen on his own team. VERY slow out of his stance...almost sits on the ground. Got beat a number of times. Gave up a sack late in the second quarter where it looked as though it took him 2-3 seconds to get out of his 3 pnt. He confuses pancake blocking w/ tackling. I watched him hold the DE almost every play. Don't think he was ever called for it as they ran oposite him most of the night.

On a side note - decent showing from the Nebraska fans. Saw a lot of husker shirts. Wisconsin was there. (not really sure why) Heard they were at a lot of his baseball games in the spring.

Hmm maybe the Cards should take a hard look at him since their bull pin is horrible. Besides Carpenter and Wainwright, that bull pin is just dreadful

..... Those 2 aren't in the bullpen.... And since you seem to be talking about their pitching staff, you seemed to have not noticed a kid name Jaime Garcia.....

Umm Im talking about the pitching overall. It sucks. Yes Jaime Garcia is decent. But one good MR isn't good enough for the Cards. Im sorry but to not see the Cards pitching sucks, you have to be kinda oblivious.

Lol... you said "since their bull pin is horrible. Besides Carpenter and Wainwright, that bull pin is just dreadful"

Actually, their bullpen is pretty bad. HOWEVER, neither of those guys are in the bullpen, so i said you seem to be talking about the pitching staff, which all you included was Carpenter and Wainwright. So there was no need to state you were talking about their pitching overall like it's obvious when you said "bull pin" and talked about starters. And one good MR isn't good enough? GARCIA IS A STARTER. He's 5th in the NL in era at 2.35 (ahead of Carp) and also has a better K/9 than Carp.. I'd take 3 great starters like that any day of the week...

Anyways.. Starling will probably be gone anyways, just my gut. Never thought Zac Lee was going to be gone and the dodgers still pulled that one out. I would love to see Bubba get here but am not gonna get my hopes up.

I think our best hope with Bubba would be like the Jake Locker scenario. I believe jake plays pro ball in the summmer and his draft rights were selected by the Angels. There have been other college football players that have done this as well. The biggest downside of course is losing the summer to workout with your teammates.

In the end I still see Bubba taking his amazing skills to the MLB. Maybe he'll be drafted by a team he has always despised and disliked, that too could help us.

Hmm maybe the Cards should take a hard look at him since their bull pin is horrible. Besides Carpenter and Wainwright, that bull pin is just dreadful

..... Those 2 aren't in the bullpen.... And since you seem to be talking about their pitching staff, you seemed to have not noticed a kid name Jaime Garcia.....

Umm Im talking about the pitching overall. It sucks. Yes Jaime Garcia is decent. But one good MR isn't good enough for the Cards. Im sorry but to not see the Cards pitching sucks, you have to be kinda oblivious.

Lol... you said "since their bull pin is horrible. Besides Carpenter and Wainwright, that bull pin is just dreadful"

Actually, their bullpen is pretty bad. HOWEVER, neither of those guys are in the bullpen, so i said you seem to be talking about the pitching staff, which all you included was Carpenter and Wainwright. So there was no need to state you were talking about their pitching overall like it's obvious when you said "bull pin" and talked about starters. And one good MR isn't good enough? GARCIA IS A STARTER. He's 5th in the NL in era at 2.35 (ahead of Carp) and also has a better K/9 than Carp.. I'd take 3 great starters like that any day of the week...

Anyways.. Starling will probably be gone anyways, just my gut. Never thought Zac Lee was going to be gone and the dodgers still pulled that one out. I would love to see Bubba get here but am not gonna get my hopes up.

No reason for you to jump my butt. My opinion still stays the same and so what I accidently said their in the bullpin big deal. Im not huge on baseball. I was just being sarcastic on a post I put about a team I like. So calm down. Sorry but the Cards pitching sucks. Their getting better though, especially after getting rid of Motte.

According to Rivals staff this isn't true, they talked to Bubba's dad. He said he'd heard the rumor, but there was no truth and they aren't sure where it started.

damn rumors....... i guess people @ k-state need something to keep them interested in football.. besides their crappy team....