SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

I've been Twittering (Tweeting? Twiting?) with a guy who coached Bubba on the U18 Team USA and he said that he doesn't think Bubba makes it here and that a Yankee scout told him they'd offer him $4M if they drafted him. It's second-hand info, so take it for what it's worth.

I'd take the bolded section with a huge grain of salt. That sounds like utter BS . . . how would the Yankees know where they would draft him and what he will be worth at that time? I'm not doubting you . . . I'm doubting this coach/agent.

I've been Twittering (Tweeting? Twiting?) with a guy who coached Bubba on the U18 Team USA and he said that he doesn't think Bubba makes it here and that a Yankee scout told him they'd offer him $4M if they drafted him. It's second-hand info, so take it for what it's worth.

ep and ive heard that the Mets have been looking at him for awhile now as well.

I'd take the bolded section with a huge grain of salt. That sounds like utter BS . . . how would the Yankees know where they would draft him and what he will be worth at that time? I'm not doubting you . . . I'm doubting this coach/agent.

Yeah and that's why I added the part at the end. If you're on Twitter and would like to read the conversation, I'm @jsims2.

The Yankees can't find talent. They only pay players that are past their prime a crap ton of money.

lol, this argument might be valid if it were still 5 years ago.

As of now, they're developing talent (Robinson Cano, Phil Hughes to mention a couple) and signing free agents just entering the peak of their careers (CC, AJ, Teixeira) which is a scary combination for the rest of the league, and it's working out well.

The Yankees can't find talent. They only pay players that are past their prime a crap ton of money.

As of now, they're developing talent (Robinson Cano, Phil Hughes to mention a couple) and signing free agents just entering the peak of their careers (CC, AJ, Teixeira) which is a scary combination for the rest of the league, and it's working out well.

Not to mention Jorge, Jeter and Rivera ... three probable hall of famers

and :backtotopic

I know, I just get mad at the Yankee fans who say that their team is better than the other teams, and I'm always like "Of course you SHOULD be better than everyone else, you have more money to pay for the best players than any other team." I've always had a strong dislike for them about as much as Texas and I was heartbroken when Joba got drafted by them. The only reason why I wanted them to win the World Series was so Joba got his ring.

But anyways... :backtotopic

Another Insider article from Keith Law on the game Bubba pitched in last night. Said he was 89-91 on his fastball and showed a very, very good curveball. Also stated that he's not even "pitching" right now, he's just throwing. Once he gets more refined, Law thinks it's almost certain he'll sit 92-95 on the fastball. Struck out all three batters he faced.

I'm officially nervous.

Probably the sport where he is a highly regarded pro prospect rather than the one where if he commits to it, he'll have to work his way up the ranks, maybe get to start a few years, and even then in all likelihood have to sign on to a team as a UDFA before getting cut.

It's a tough road...can't they make baseball players have to go to college?