Rams fan asking about Suh.

Rams fan here,

I came to ask about Suh. Alot of my buddies say that he the real deal and hes the best DT to come out in the past 10 years. But some others say that its all hype and he simply just over powers his guy and it wont translate in the NFL. So I came to ask the people who know him the most: how do you think he will do in the NFL? Does he just overpower or does he have a wide variety of moves? Who do you compare him to? Does he make the whole defense alot better or does the defense make him look alot better? Tanks for the feedback.

BTW love this smiley. :espnsucks:

I came to ask about Suh. Alot of my buddies say that he the real deal and hes the best DT to come out in the past 10 years. But some others say that its all hype and he simply just over powers his guy and it wont translate in the NFL. So I came to ask the people who know him the most: how do you think he will do in the NFL? Does he just overpower or does he have a wide variety of moves? Who do you compare him to? Does he make the whole defense alot better or does the defense make him look alot better? Tanks for the feedback.

(see bold)

The guy shows up all over the field. He's a 300 lb ballhawk. One knock has been that he relies on his power too much, and will have to develop some moves in the league to compete with guys as strong as him. I mean, this is a guy that once got a PF for "tackling too hard."

But his athletic skill set, motor, heart, and smarts is so off the board that this should not be a problem at all.

If you ask me, he spends a lot of the time just overpowering offensive linemen, but only because he can get away with it. Once that doesn't work, there is no doubt in my mind he will find something equally effective to do in order to get penetration.

Oh, and you will never, ever, see a 6'4" 300 pounder with the agility, speed and footwork that Suh has.

There will be others with better posts. But Suh is not only strong, but he is quick and fast! I've seen him run down QBs and RBs. He's also great at deflecting passes, and had I believe 4 interceptions during his NU career. I place him in the same mold as William"Refrigerator" Perry and Warren Sapp. If he stays healthy and stays in good shape, I can't see him not be a great NFL player. I would be surprised.

W O W?? Spends all his time over powering? Just like that Cody guy from Alabama, right???? I played DE and I went to a lot of camps around the state, SUH does exactly, and I mean exactly what they teach, he uses his hands, he gets right into his guy, he doesn't get rid of his guy too soon, and when he reads the play he hits them just right to get them off balance and make the play. When he knows he won't get there, he has the foot work, speed, knowledge, and experience to drop back get his hands up and make a play in a different way by knocking down or picking the pas. Not only that but he never gives up, how many times did we see him chase downa RB or QB from behind when the DE got out of position? Over power? Pshhh. Husker_x is right, it is only once piece of a very well built machine.

Only my opinion, but he is truly the real deal. His is super strong, which allows him to overpower guys at this level and will let him even bull rush guys at the next level too. Remember, some of the OL guys he has beaten badly will make OLs in the NFL.

He also has so much agiltiy and foot speed. He will turn heads at the combine. Guys have mentioned his intelligence. Not only defelecting passes, blocking kicks, he has chased down many rbs on screen plays.

* These are all "fan" views....but if you listen to enough of the talking heads on ESPN and draft guys, they all say that his mechanics, mixed with his strength makes him the best d-lineman in more than just the past 10 years. Some so-called experts have compared him to Reggie White. Putting that kind of expectation on him would be tremendously unfair, but he will be very good and the Rams or whoever should be stoked about getting him.

I am a huge fan of both the Rams and Huskers. I can tell you that is Suh is best DL I have seen at NU or anywhere else since I have been watching football. (I am 22) If the Rams dont take Suh it is a serious mistake. He makes defenses better all around. The plays he makes at DT nobody else at the same position can make. Plus he is a great kid that you dont have to worry about getting in trouble!!

He's a freak. If he relied on his strength alone every 300lb DT would dominate the game and OL would be put on the DL. From what I have heard and seen he has excellent footwork, hands, and a motor that never quits. He is hard to describe....he just gets it...he understands the game.