What does being "Back" consist of?

TO turned out to be the greatest college couch of the final 30 years of the 20ieth Centurary.

TO always gave us a shot at No. 1 and if not the top 5.

That's what means, 'We are back.' Give Nebraska a shot at the the 'Goden Ring' every year. That's BACK!!!

T_O_B

This will not happen again. That was a once in a lifetime moment. Long sustained runs of elite status like us in the 90's, FSU in the 90's, Miami in the 80's and 90's, Minnesota in the 30's, etc. won't happen anymore. There's too much attrition in the coaching ranks (assistants included) and too many good teams. USC didn't even get 7 years before they dropped out of the top 25.

TO turned out to be the greatest college couch of the final 30 years of the 20ieth Centurary.

That's what means, 'We are back.' Give Nebraska a shot at the the 'Goden Ring' every year. That's BACK!!!

T_O_B

This will not happen again. That was a once in a lifetime moment. Long sustained runs of elite status like us in the 90's, FSU in the 90's, Miami in the 80's and 90's, Minnesota in the 30's, etc. won't happen anymore. There's too much attrition in the coaching ranks (assistants included) and too many good teams. USC didn't even get 7 years before they dropped out of the top 25.

Don't even bring up FSU, Miami and who????? Minnesota. To limit the Husker's run to the '90ies is myopic and diminishes what they really did. Nebraska's run started in 1970 and didn't end until Callahan was hired. To say, "This will not happen again." is your opinion for what ever that is worth. The question was, "When will you consider Nebraska to be BACK?" I simply answered the question as I see it.

T_O_B

:bonez

having back consists of:

perfect-argentinian-big-ass-41.jpg

Whoa! deja vu all over again!

WOW!!! Epic pic.

Being back is having a top 25 or lower recruiting class. Our 2010 class has even cracked the top 25 yet.

The last few years haven't been great in terms of how we have stacked up in recruiting. Look at Texas and Bama. Tehaas has 18 to 19 **** recruits, we have about 6 to 7. I am no math major but that is about 3 times as many. There is a big difference between 4 star and 3 star, so we are at a huge disadvantage if we have 3 times less each year.

Look at the ESPN or Rivals top 150 list. I remember seeing A Rod on there and possibly B Heard but we need more athletes on those lists. If we pick up a couple more **** star recruits for this class we may crack the top 25 this year.

Bo and the staff do a great job with mainly 3 star recruits but most freshman that hit the field this year are **** recruits. C Green, Rex Birkhead, E. Martin(not sure, special teams play) etc.

You show my top 25 or better recruiting classes and that will signal we are back.

having back consists of:

perfect-argentinian-big-ass-41.jpg

Whoa! deja vu all over again!

WOW!!! Epic pic.

Being back is having a top 25 or lower recruiting class. Our 2010 class has even cracked the top 25 yet.

The last few years haven't been great in terms of how we have stacked up in recruiting. Look at Texas and Bama. Tehaas has 18 to 19 **** recruits, we have about 6 to 7. I am no math major but that is about 3 times as many. There is a big difference between 4 star and 3 star, so we are at a huge disadvantage if we have 3 times less each year.

Look at the ESPN or Rivals top 150 list. I remember seeing A Rod on there and possibly B Heard but we need more athletes on those lists. If we pick up a couple more **** star recruits for this class we may crack the top 25 this year.

Bo and the staff do a great job with mainly 3 star recruits but most freshman that hit the field this year are **** recruits. C Green, Rex Birkhead, E. Martin(not sure, special teams play) etc.

You show my top 25 or better recruiting classes and that will signal we are back.

I whole heartedly disagree with using a websites ranking of our recruits as a barometer of if we are back or not. By your definition Illinois would be an elite program and Notre Dame would be "back".

I would tend to argue that on field results should be the only things considered in this argument.

EDIT: I wanted to get that pic in another post, also!!

Hunh? Miami had 3 different head coaches in that time span.

Back?

Here is what 'Back' is.

TO took over a team that was a 2 Time, back to back, National Championship Team.

The State of Nebraska had elevated Bob Davaney to the point of Saint-hood.

Davaney did the clasic bail when you are on top. You can't blame him, most of us would have done the same.

What TO did was come in and build on the foundation that had been built for him.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

How many years in a row did TO lose to Switzer in a row? How many bowl games at one point did he lose in a row? In his first 5 years, the highest he finished was #7 in the coaches and #9 in the AP. It was his 9th season before he won the Big 8 outright. It was his 11th season before he played for his FIRST national championship. In fact, he only finished 7 times in the top 5 in 23 seasons.

If you really want to get technical about it, Solich started his career off as head coach much better than TO did. Solich won the Big 12 outright in only his 2nd year. In his 2nd year he finished #2 in the coaches and #3 in the AP.

TO was a great coach, but wow I can't believe how much people forget.

Hunh? Miami had 3 different head coaches in that time span.

Different era. The talent was more concentrated back then so different kinds of coaches were able to succeed.