Article about Mizzou

So, other than not being aware of Navy's tradition of this song, what did Missouri do wrong here? Am I reading this wrong? Sure, it sucks that the MU band played over the Navy band, but was that done on purpose?

Help me out here. What am I missing?

I think it is the overall lack of respect for Navy by way of the Mizzou players/coaches. Even though Navy throttled them, they still gave little respect towards Navy, it would be like Stoops coming out after the AZ game saying the only reason why we shut them out was due to there white unis. If your going to be a dick towards someone you better make sure you can back it up, also if you get beat by a service academy you should show some love, those kids are truly there for the love of the game, not to better there chances of going pro.

In this case Mizzou had no reason to act high and mighty. Edit: It now seems there was a mix up with the bands

So, other than not being aware of Navy's tradition of this song, what did Missouri do wrong here? Am I reading this wrong? Sure, it sucks that the MU band played over the Navy band, but was that done on purpose?

Help me out here. What am I missing?

The Mizzou athletic dept issued an apology to Navy, but in their defense, it was agreed upon before the game that the losing team would play first, letting the winning team's band have the final showtime. A simple misunderstanding. Navy should have waited.

Agreed. The band misunderstanding was just that . . . a misunderstanding.

Navy won, and won big. I'm not sure why this guy is trying to rub Missouri's face in it. The military academies should be above this kind of thing

Not only does this seem like a misunderstanding with the bands, but the author of this article takes some really unnecessary potshots at Missouri. I'm not real keen on defending Missouri much, but aside from Alexander's tongue sticking out (which isn't much), I don't see what there is to criticize Missouri for here.

Everyone. All. The author. The band(s). Missouri players. Missouri defenders. Navy defenders. Me. This whole thing is ridiculous, and it feels like everyone has on sunshine gloves because of two slightly 'taboo' slants: missouri hatred, and navy/country love. It all seems so fake.

dedhoarse

Everyone. All. The author. The band(s). Missouri players. Missouri defenders. Navy defenders. Me. This whole thing is ridiculous, and it feels like everyone has on sunshine gloves because of two slightly 'taboo' slants: missouri hatred, and navy/country love. It all seems so fake.

OK. :)

Kinda petty...I mean navy isn't THAT bad but the author sure makes it sound that way. Good solid win for Navy against a middle of the pack big 12 team (upper half of the middle though).

it is true, navy had a good year and good team. mizzou just had the benefit of being in a strong(er) conference and the perception of being a team the should badly beat navy, he is underestimating navy in that article.