Article about Mizzou

"By Doug Bateman,

Former Navy Seal,

Former FBI Special Agent

"

Sounds like the guy can't keep a job...

Actually he sounds like a man who has been protecting your sorry butt for most of his adult life.

Thank you for your service to your country Mr. Bateman and forgive MUT F he's not really one of us.

T_O_B

hey now, lets not get hasty talking about beating army. seals are badass and all, but the rangers take the cake!

Rangers? Ha ha. Ok. You're not elite if there are thousands of you.

OK, you are obviously clueless. There are thousands of members in elite units; Green Beret, Force Recon, SEAL, RANGER, DELTA and more. The types of missions and the ability to acomplsih special missions makes ALL these units elite.

lol darkhorse85 can pm me and ill give him some examples of why we're elite. like doing a 14mile run in ACU's, boots, and full body armor in 2hrs 10min, AS A BATTALION.

Ranger Joe, send me a pm

I just like the fact that Pinkel, Gabbert, and the rest of Missouri got their asses handed to them on a platter.

Go Navy!

Go Army!

Go Air Force!

And GBR!!!

:yeah I hope little Gabbert watched that game and cried.

he is lil' gabbert is probably excited, he might get to start earlier than he thought.

I'm not one to defend Mizzou, but this is a steaming pile of Bullcrap!turd.gif

I normally try to keep away from this kind of stuff, as there are plenty of a-hole Husker fans, but man this is just classless. Maybe the Mizzou band didn't know about the Navy tradition at the end, I can understand that. The rest of it is just behaving like spoiled kids, not getting there way... Oh wait that's what happened.

Your first instinct was right on the money. Not going to blame you for this pile, because the man says he's a Navy SEAL and a former FBI agent, but I am fixin' to take his letter apart piece by piece.

Years from now, the record books will show Navy defeating Missouri in the Texas Bowl. But what they won’t show is the David and Goliath nature of the contest both on and off the field. You had to be there to appreciate the game, fan support, marching bands and press conference.

Don't get the whole Mizzou = Goliath thing, but I digress.

At the game ending press conference, Coach Pinkel, the Missouri coach was still in shock when he paid Navy a “compliment”…they (Navy) had a “nice little scheme” …and did “nice little job”. And we know a “nice little” back handed compliment when we hear one!

What's with the "little" theme repeated ad nausem? Napoleonic complex maybe?

I'm smelling something here, and it isn't roses or daisies. I'm going to call Bullcrap!turd.gif on this quote. Not even someone as dense as Pinkel would publicly say something this stupid about an armed services academy.

GOOGLE is our friend....and

“It’s a great offensive scheme and they’re very good at it. Ricky is exceptional. I hugged him and congratulated him after the game. He’s a great kid and just a great player,” Missouri head coach Gary Pinkel said.
- HometownAnnapolis.com <--Navy's hometown news.

Missouri was favored by the pundits for many reasons, not the least of which was their Big Twelve schedule, fourth ranking rushing defense (96 yds/pg), and NFL pro style offense and talent (Danario Alexander, No.81). Coupled with this is the undeniable fact that Missouri was much bigger than Navy. Missouri players outweighed Navy by at least 40 pounds a man. As a fan, you don’t really appreciate the Missouri size advantage until you see them on the field next to the Midshipmen. Missouri dressed 21 players over 285 pounds, with 13 tipping the scales over 300 pounds. Navy on the other hand, had just 3 such behemoths (2 @ 285 and one @ 301 pounds). There’s an old adage in football ?“you can’t coach size” ? you either have it or you don’t. And evidenced by the humiliating loss of a much bigger Big Twelve team to a “little scheming” Independent, they can’t coach size…very well at Missouri.

Again with the size thing. Maybe it's post traumatic stress from reliving those days showering with the older kids after football practice. <_<

Size isn’t the only thing they can’t coach at Missouri. On the second play of the game, No. 81, the 6’5, 215 pound future NFL draft pick scored on a 58 yard pass reception and while en route to the end zone, he turns his head and sticks his tongue out at the Navy secondary. No doubt thinking, “Hey, this is easy- fool!” This man-child’s tongue extension was captured for NFL scouts by a photo journalist and published in the Houston Chronicle. It probably won’t cost No. 81 any singing bonus money because in contrast, the NFL will draft any felon if he can play football. However, the game is played for 60 minutes and Navy controlled the ball 41 of those. While rushing 385 yards Navy clearly out gained, out scored and outclassed a modern day Goliath.

So, I call Bullcrap!turd.gif again, because this picture would have went viral faster than Perez Hilton announcing he was actually straight.

So we go to the source....Houston Chronicle 2009 Texas Bowl Pics

600xPopupGallery.jpg

Apparently the author can't tell the difference between a mouth guard and a tongue.

If you can’t win the game at least the bigger school could win the battle of the fans, right? This season, Missouri averaged 64,000 fans per home game while “little” Navy could only mustered an average of 32,000 - advantage Missouri. Each school was allotted 11,000 tickets ($65 @). Missouri finished a distant second to “little” Navy in ticket sales (4,200 v. 18,000 of the paid attendance - 69,441). This loss cost the Big Twelve and Missouri dearly because instead of receiving half of the $1.25 million dollar guarantee, they must “buy” the unsold tickets (approximately $400,000). Navy’s ticket sales also included over 800 tickets purchased by the alumni and given to the Midshipman who attended the game. In addition, Navy sold over 5,000 tailgate tickets ($25 @) for the pre game meal in a tent that covered half a football field. The rout continues for the “little” Independent on the Severn.

Again, smelling something hereturd.gif....Mizzou sold 6,500 not 4,200 of their 11,000 which was probably due to getting snubbed by the Insight Bowl.

Who the hell sells admission to a tailgate? I don't. :dunno

Anyway, who brags about attendance to a bowl game so far down on the food chain, if they renamed it the Sani Flush Bowl, it would instantly bring some prestige to it?

If you can’t win the game or tailgate at least Missouri could win the battle of the bands, right? The safe bet was on the “Golden” Missouri Marching Band dominating the Naval Academy’s Drum and Bugle Corps. After all, the Golden Band fielded 10 times more “brass” than Navy. Compared to Navy’s silver bugles and drums, Missouri was imposing with their larger golden euphoniums, tubas and sousaphones. Outweighing Navy’s thin blue line by at least forty pounds per “player”, Missouri’s Golden Band was intimidating. It was easy to see that Navy’s D&B was in for a long afternoon.

OMG!!! Battle to see who has the bigger band geeks! Forget that pile of laundry I was going to do... <_< This is must see TV!

Together, when both school bands took to the field at half time and played a rousing rendition of Deep in the Heart of Texas (which can only be appreciated by Texans), the “little” Navy “players” were lost in the sea of a really big, Big Twelve Band. However what the TV viewing audience could not appreciate happened after the last whistle blew. As is tradition at the Naval Academy, when the game is over, the Navy football team assembles by the Drum and Bugle Corps and their fellow Midshipmen in the stands for the singing of Navy Blue and Gold, the school alma mater. Also remaining in the stands and stretching the length of the field were most of the 18,000 Navy faithful and alumni, staying to sing the alma mater and celebrate the trophy presentation. Only a small portion of the fans were able to sing along because, the “not so” Golden Band, in an unsporting display of their huge sound advantage, drowned out Navy’s “little” D&B. After the cheer “Beat Army” went up by those closest to the D&B, the remaining 16,000 Navy alumni treated the “not so” Golden Band from Missouri to a crescendo boos.

This quote by the author was just barely true enough not to warrant a Bullcrap!turd.gif but still there was enough evidence left in his shorts to know that fart was a wet one. Also, the author failed to mention the Naval Academy’s “Hey, hey, hey, goodbye!” chants at the Mizzou players as the final seconds expired. Glass houses Mr. Bateman?

MU Band issues apology, Naval Academy accepts apology

MU Bands statement regarding the Texas Bowl

Below is a copy of the note I have sent to Jeff Weir, Director of the Naval Academy Band. Marching Mizzou in no way intended to disrespect the Naval Academy, their fine band, or their fans and alumni. I apologize that these actions have reflected negatively on our band and university.

Sincerely,

Michael Knight

Director, Marching Mizzou

Hello Jeff,

I wanted to write to you to let you know how much I enjoyed meeting you and working with you and your band at the Texas Bowl. It was indeed an honor to share the field in performance with you and your fine ensemble. I also want to congratulate you on a fine victory!

I also want to express my sincere apologies for our performances overlapping during the post-game proceedings. I know we had agreed that the losing team's band would perform their Alma Mater and fight songs first and then allow the winning team to celebrate with their trophy ceremony. I regret that I did not communicate that our portion would involve singing and playing, as is our tradition after each game. It was only after we left the stadium that I found out that we were playing as you were performing as well.

Both myself and our students deeply respect the traditions of the Naval Academy and I sincerely apologize if this incident distracted from what should have been a great moment for your school and fans.

I hope you have safe travels home and I look forward to working with you again soon.

Sincerely,

Michael Knight

Director, Marching Mizzou

Naval Academy Statement

We consider this to be a misunderstanding regarding our respective post-game traditions. The Texas Bowl was a positive experience for both schools and their fans and we do not believe there was any intent to show disrespect toward the Naval Academy.

I think the letter speaks for itself, and I commend the MU staff for being "big enough" to send an apology, even though it looks like Mizzou wasn't at fault here. They were the losing team, not?

This is about as a thorough debunking as it gets, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Bateman was a fake SEAL and FBI agent on top of all the other falsehoods he expressed here in his "little" diatribe, because I would expect better investigating from a former FBI agent.

As for the real men and women serving now and those who have served, I say thank you.

sarge, after reading the letter i was appalled, however, my bias against Mizzou blurred my vision, and the idea of disrespecting a military team (because it is military, and because they are generally so mismatched) caused me to jump to conclusion. however, you made a lot of good points (especially the perennial struggle the has plagued man for eras; tongue v. mouthgaurd). i appreciate the read and mizzou does deserve the defense.

sarge, after reading the letter i was appalled, however, my bias against Mizzou blurred my vision, and the idea of disrespecting a military team (because it is military, and because they are generally so mismatched) caused me to jump to conclusion. however, you made a lot of good points (especially the perennial struggle the has plagued man for eras; tongue v. mouthgaurd). i appreciate the read and mizzou does deserve the defense.

The bias was here too, but it smacked of one of those dumb emails you get saying "Obama is a Muslim" and "Bush stole the election" type of crap.

When Mizzou is typically being Mizzou then I'll wack em with a baseball bat :bat but this was too far fetched for even them. Now CU on the other hand.... :lol:

hey now, lets not get hasty talking about beating army. seals are badass and all, but the rangers take the cake!

OK, you are obviously clueless. There are thousands of members in elite units; Green Beret, Force Recon, SEAL, RANGER, DELTA and more. The types of missions and the ability to acomplsih special missions makes ALL these units elite.

I was waiting to see if that got challenged. I'm not a Ranger, but I went through the course and the Airborne school. I don't wear the patches, but yeah, Rangers are elite.

I was waiting to see if that got challenged. I'm not a Ranger, but I went through the course and the Airborne school. I don't wear the patches, but yeah, Rangers are elite.

you went through rip or school? airborne is gay as f#*k. its seriously gotten rediculously lame. ever since they allowed women in it *shakes fist*. i wear the scroll, and i am here to tell you that we have some bad MF's in RGT.