QB Darian Godfrey

Nexus

maybe he doesn't want to deal w/ all the hype, pressure and other crap that comes w/ being Tommie F's cousin. If I was him, reading these boards I'd be put off by the fact that we see him as "tommy's cousin" - he's probably dealt w/ that his entire football career to this point. He might be ready for a change, a chance to reinvent himself as his own individual.

maybe he doesn't want to deal w/ all the hype, pressure and other crap that comes w/ being Tommie F's cousin. If I was him, reading these boards I'd be put off by the fact that we see him as "tommy's cousin" - he's probably dealt w/ that his entire football career to this point. He might be ready for a change, a chance to reinvent himself as his own individual.

From what I have read about Carnes, he was a 4 year starter at Manatee. 51 games or something like that. Tommy was only a 2 year starter. That really doesn't mean that much but he(Carnes) is well regarded as a very good QB from Manatee. He says Tommy was more of a runner than he is and he is more of a passer. Not sure who has the better 40 times between Tommy and Brion but both are/were very fast.

Not trying to call you out kchusker...but......why does everyone assume recruits come to boards like this? If I were a recruit, I would give a rats a$$ what the message boards have to say.

Not trying to call you out kchusker...but......why does everyone assume recruits come to boards like this? If I were a recruit, I would give a rats a$$ what the message boards have to say.

because a lot of these guys like to see their name in print. and i'm not just talking about the boards. look at the world herald and journal star articles regarding this kid. it's 50% carnes, 50% tommie f. i agree, he probably doesn't give a rats a$$ what we think, but it doesn't mean that the media (boards included) don't over-emphasize the fact that he is fraziers cousin.

Imagine him coming in, and 3 years from now he's making his first start. there will be more frazier crap being flung around than you could ever dream of. No one can deny the fact that he will have added pressure placed on him if he choses to play football where his cousin is known as one of the best ever to put on the uniform. He could go elsewhere and just play football. Here he would be hyped to a much higher extent.

We always talk about 5* players (Lucky) that are hyped to the point where they can't live up to that potential. Or other highly regard players (n. Paul) that have it in their head they have to produce early, and at such high levels because that is what is expected of them that it takes them a couple of years to calm down and have fun w/ the game. He would have 10 times the hype/expectations placed on him at NU vs. another school. I just don't see the relationship thing being as big of an advantage as some do, sometimes I think it might work against us.

(Not unlike Owa probably would following in Suh's footsteps and with all the comparisons to the two of them by the media.)

Gilmer QB Darian “Stump” Godfrey was named the 2009 Mr. Texas Football by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine with the release of the publication’s winter edition.

Godfrey, who led Gilmer to a 15-0 run to the Class 3A Division I state championship, was named QB of the All-Texas High School Team. Other East Texas selections were Arp safety LaVocheya Cooper, Van defensive lineman Jacoby Alexander, and Cayuga’s Malcome Kennedy, who was listed as a utility player.

The final Texas Football magazine top 25 polls included Longview at No. 3 in 4A, Gilmer at No. 1 in 3A, Carthage at No. 2 in 3A, Daingerfield No. 1 in 2A, Arp at No. 8 in 2A, and Cayuga at No. 1 in 1A.

LINK

Is there anything new with Godfrey?

I emailed B Munson to see if he would confirm a midweek visit, since Scout/Big Report had a teaser about Godfrey visiting this week/midweek.

He really didn't think an offer or visit was going to happen. Scout said he was suppose to go to UNM this weekend but Scout said he visited UNM two weeks ago too.

Carnes is the number target and Turner for next year takes this out of any real possibility in my opinion.

I think he ends up at a K State or G Tech. I think he has some family in ATL and one articled stated that in 10 years he would like to be living in ATL and coaching football. GA Tech??? They run an offense that highlights his skills.

I was pulling for him because of his XBOX numbers.