Texas

Karma indeed. Texas got into the title game through playing against injured quarterbacks and receiving terrible officiating calls. (those two pass interference calls in the CCG anyone?)

You guys had this coming.

How many injured players did we play against this season. This same game your referring to we also beat them without that QB. We lost 3 out of the 4 games where major players were injured. We didnt capitalize and they did. I don't think you can play the what if game with McCoy. All they needed was there WR to catch the ball and kill the clock at half.

I love the way this game went. I don't think it could have been scripted any better. The way Texas looked "great" in the first couple series (even though it was just the BEGINNING of the game), when I saw Colt walk off with his arm hanging limp, the way Alabama put up 24 before the half, then the comeback that mounted for Texas, with Alabama ultimately winning.

It gave Texas fans alot of hope I'm sure when they pulled within three only to be crushed. I love it! Karma sucks doesn't it?

It is true what they say I guess: everything's bigger in Texas.

....even disappointment.

Karma indeed. Texas got into the title game through playing against injured quarterbacks and receiving terrible officiating calls. (those two pass interference calls in the CCG anyone?)

How many injured players did we play against this season. This same game your referring to we also beat them without that QB. We lost 3 out of the 4 games where major players were injured. We didnt capitalize and they did. I don't think you can play the what if game with McCoy. All they needed was there WR to catch the ball and kill the clock at half.

I think you missed the point. Texas got into the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP because of those factors . . . and they pissed and moaned for a month about how no one was giving them respect. They showed on the field that that lack of respect was entirely justified. They simply got run over.

Also, if Mack Brown hadn't been showboating Colt McCoy all season to pad his stats late in games maybe their backup has a bit of experience. Arrogance got the best of them here.

Not to mention without those uncatchable PI calls in the CCG Texas wouldn't be in Pasadena. Still with me?

I think you missed the point. Texas got into the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP because of those factors . . . and they pissed and moaned for a month about how no one was giving them respect. They showed on the field that that lack of respect was entirely justified. They simply got run over.

Also, if Mack Brown hadn't been showboating Colt McCoy all season to pad his stats late in games maybe their backup has a bit of experience. Arrogance got the best of them here.

Not to mention without those uncatchable PI calls in the CCG Texas wouldn't be in Pasadena. Still with me?

+1

I love the way this game went. I don't think it could have been scripted any better. The way Texas looked "great" in the first couple series (even though it was just the BEGINNING of the game), when I saw Colt walk off with his arm hanging limp, the way Alabama put up 24 before the half, then the comeback that mounted for Texas, with Alabama ultimately winning.

It gave Texas fans alot of hope I'm sure when they pulled within three only to be crushed. I love it! Karma sucks doesn't it?

It is true what they say I guess: everything's bigger in Texas.

....even disappointment.

Like the guy on the radio said last night it looked like both coaches were trying to give the other team the game by the way they were coaching.

By the way ESPN radio Colt was in for 3 series it didn't happen in the first.

... Man I just checked the box score, but Gilbert had you guys at 24-21 in the 4th?

Yep. We were down by 3 and had the ball with 3 minutes to go in the game at our own 7 yard line. Unfortunately, no one picked up the blitz and GG was blind sided and fumbled. Bama recovered and the game was basically over at that point. Texas D shut down Bama in the second half and gave the O a chance to get back in the game.

@HuskerMoon - circumstances beyond control were responsible for Texas losing? I don't think so. Texas had a chance to win this one, but Bama made a good play at the end.

These anti-Texas threads are a bunch of sour grapes.

It’s like a dude gets beat up by another dude, so then the dude that does the beating up gets beat up by some other dude then the first dude that got beat up talks smack to the guy that beat him up because that guy got beat up by someone else. That guy has no right to talk trash because he still got beat up by that dude.

At the end of the day Texas still beat us 13-12, still won the Big 12, still has beaten us 5 straight times, has beaten us 8 out of the 9 times we have played since the Big 12 started and still owns a 9-4 series advantage. Texas losing to Alabama doesn’t change the fact that they own us since 1996.

I would prefer to do my trash talking after the Big Red actually does the winning not some other team doing it for them.

I think it's funny how they chant SEC! SEC! SEC! Towards the end of the game. Really? If the Huskers were 2 minutes away from winning the National Championship the last thing I would be chanting is our conference name. :dunno

:wasted:wasted:power:power:power:hookerhorns:bonez:bonez:corndance:koolaid2:

That would be me ^^^^

Explanation from Colt has merit. Gracious in defeat. In pain from not playing.

Great college game, I think the better team lost, but not everything goes as it should.

Congratulations to Alabama, they earned it.

The better team lost???? :wtf what game did you watch????

+

When your best player is injured in the first 5 minutes and that player happens to touch the ball every offensive play, that influences the game. I think with McCoy they would have won. I think that was his point.

It's interesting, it really is. After the Big 12 Championship game, the pundits all said McCoy WOULD NOT win the Heisman due to his poor play against the tough teams they played. In fact, they said Texas beat OU and Nebraska in spite of McCoy's play. I didn't realize not having McCoy in there would cause the receiver to quite simply grow hands of stone.

This game reminded me a lot of the Nebraska vs. Iowa State game this year. Iowa State marched into Lincoln without their starting QB or RB, yet they won the game. When McCoy went out and Mack pulled his DA move, the momentum swung to Bama as did the score. Bama went on cruise control and lost their focus just like Nebraska did when facing Iowa State. I believe Nebraska lost because they didn't take Iowa State seriously which explains all the turnovers. Bama didn't take Texas seriously after McCoy went out, and it nearly cost them as well.

It was amazing after having only 6 yards in the third quarter how quickly Bama turned the heat back on once the game got close again. Saban tried to giftwrap the game and hand it to Mack with that stupid fake punt stunt and the inability to field a friggin kickoff. Alabama exposed the so called #1 rush defense. I'd say the better team obviously won the game.

+1

I don't care how much playing time the kid would have had there is no way you can prepare a backup freshman QB to come in to the biggest game ever. What kind of game plan would we have had bringing in Washington in a game if both Zac Lee and Cody were hurt. They tried to run a couple plays to work out the kinks then they started throwing the ball down the field. The kid didn't put ever ball right in the receivers chest; but you have to help out a freshmen QB. Malcolm Williams had about 6 dropped passes by himself. He had an opportunity to catch a TD before half.

I say great for Alabama there a win column and a lose column. I didn't watch that game thinking they got dominated. With all thing considered I feel it was a good game. Score skewed based on where Bama got the ball on the fumble.