Final USA Today Coaches Poll

Nexus

off topic but did anyone else see Lou Holtz put us in the top 5 for next year? not that means much but <_<

Really? What show was it on? I saw CFL today and Robert Smith had Nebraska five, but Lou Holtz wasn't on.

:yeah I saw that as well, not that it means squat but I love that we are in the conversation again.

I think it should be

1.Bama

2. Boise

3.Florida

4.Texas

Texas put up a better fight than Florida did, even with their backup qb, and Boise's debatable

Texas also had 3 extra weeks to prepare for Bama than Florida did.

And Bama had 3 extra weeks to prepare against texas, not to mention that layoff probably hurt more than it helped

14th is a great place for NU - especially when you add the Iowa State loss into the mix. Winning that game would have put them in the 10 I think.

Since Iowa state went to a bowl game and won, it doesnt look as bad as it could.

But one more win would have def put us in the top ten

i do respect ISU, and i'm not exactly disagreeing with you, but Minn. would be dead last in the Big XII. Minn. should have lost to South Dakota State (they only won by a field goal).

14th is a great place for NU - especially when you add the Iowa State loss into the mix. Winning that game would have put them in the 10 I think.

Since Iowa state went to a bowl game and won, it doesnt look as bad as it could.

But one more win would have def put us in the top ten

i do respect ISU, and i'm not exactly disagreeing with you, but Minn. would be dead last in the Big XII. Minn. should have lost to South Dakota State (they only won by a field goal).

Minnesota is not a great team but SDSU is a better team than UMass. UMass lost to Kansas State by four, so with my unlogic Minn=KSU. KSU tied for second in the north this year, so Minnesota could possibly have finished that high themselves. When you step back and squint at it real hard that bowl win wasn't too bad a win for ISU. (of course any bowl win is a good bowl win for ISU)

What's the reason given for not wanting to play Boise at home--is it the million bucks that they want? I've been unable to find any information on this other than Shatel's article here: http://www.omaha.com/article/20091116/SPORTS/711169832

It sounded from the old article that they were in talks to schedule a future game. I would think that it is more of a monetary sticking point than one of NU "ducking" Boise, but hey....who knows? Anyone have some solid info to share?

If they are the supposed perrenial powerhouse they claim to be, they shouldnt request a million dollars for a game. NE doesnt even pay the sun belt teams that much money and they are much worse. I dont think its right that Boise St wants to thought of elite but still wants to get paid to play games like they are an underdog.

Nebraska fans rejoice in that your team is now ranked ahead of USC, West Virginia, Miami(FL), LSU, and Texas Tech.

Isn't it great that things are beginning to get back to normal?

Yeah...

But it's still mighty embarrassin' to finish ranked below three big-11 teams. <_<