Brown's bust in BCS good news for Bo

Ugh, that qoute about Callahan's botched fake punt call.

I will never forget that play, we were playing Auburn in the bowl game, as soon as i saw it, i changed the channel and didn't watch the rest of it. Stupid.

Why? It was a good call, just terrible execution by one Andrew Shanle.

Exactly. Cally gets blamed for a lot that wasn't his fault.

Ya but to call for that fake punt on your own 20 yard line in the first half when you're already beating Auburn and you're defense is hanging with Auburn.....there was no need for that fake punt.

Ugh, that qoute about Callahan's botched fake punt call.

I will never forget that play, we were playing Auburn in the bowl game, as soon as i saw it, i changed the channel and didn't watch the rest of it. Stupid.

Why? It was a good call, just terrible execution by one Andrew Shanle.

Exactly. Cally gets blamed for a lot that wasn't his fault.

Ya but to call for that fake punt on your own 20 yard line in the first half when you're already beating Auburn and you're defense is hanging with Auburn.....there was no need for that fake punt.

Exactly. Even if they did execute it and got first down, i still would have questioned that call.

Fake punt from your own 20 involving a double reverse by two non-skill position players when you're tied or leading the game?

Not smart.

That said, Pelini's fake FG vs. CU last year was just as dumb.

The difference? Pelini owned it, calling it the 'bonehead call of the year,' while we all know Callahan was excellent in every area...

I have said it a thousand times down here in Texas. Mack Brown is a recruiter. Damn good one. He did the same thing at North Carolina. He had some talent there, and it he has done the same thing again at Texas.

He gets outcoached every time. Same with Stoops.

Texas is a hotbed for recruiting. These guys will clean up year end and year out. But I tell you, if your starting QB goes down, shouldn't you have the talent to not have too much of a drop off?

I'm just sayin....

Outcoached "every time"? Really? LOL.

I am no Texas fan by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I root against them adamantly in almost every situation (except when it somehow would benefit Nebraska)...but he is the winningest coach of the decade. Look at the program before he went there, they floundered under two different head coaches for over ten years.

He is a great recruiter, no doubt, and that is a key element of building a successful NCAA program. Is he the most brilliant tactical coach in college football? Probably not. He just keeps on winning games while other more "brilliant" coaches come and go. He's won more games than anyone else in the past ten years--and made Texas football the most financially successful program in the country by a long shot--and that's what he gets paid to do. Did he mishandle the QB situation this season? Probably. However, I think one of the key reasons for that was leaving Colt McCoy in games to pad his numbers and increase his Heisman chances.

Hell, when has Mack Brown even had a season like Pete Carroll had this year? It's not only about bringing in talent.

I hope Bo "sucks" as much as Mack Brown over the next ten years.

Mack Brown is overrated and this game proved it.

Couldn't agree more.

Consistent 10 win seasons does say a lot about him, but I tend to believe that it has more to do with the fact that his players are just physically more talented than the opponents half the time thus they get wins based off of their own physical abilities, and not Brown's coaching.

I agree

Outcoached "every time"? Really? LOL.

I am no Texas fan by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I root against them adamantly in almost every situation (except when it somehow would benefit Nebraska)...but he is the winningest coach of the decade. Look at the program before he went there, they floundered under two different head coaches for over ten years.

He is a great recruiter, no doubt, and that is a key element of building a successful NCAA program. Is he the most brilliant tactical coach in college football? Probably not. He just keeps on winning games while other more "brilliant" coaches come and go. He's won more games than anyone else in the past ten years--and made Texas football the most financially successful program in the country by a long shot--and that's what he gets paid to do. Did he mishandle the QB situation this season? Probably. However, I think one of the key reasons for that was leaving Colt McCoy in games to pad his numbers and increase his Heisman chances.

Hell, when has Mack Brown even had a season like Pete Carroll had this year? It's not only about bringing in talent.

I hope Bo "sucks" as much as Mack Brown over the next ten years.

Does anyone other than the Media and a few "fans" really care that much about that dang trophy?

In some ways, I think we're still a little spoiled...All Coaches make bonehead calls...But Osborne did SO much with less talent than anyone I've ever seen.

Are we holding these coaches to too high of expectations?