WR Ted Lampkin

Nexus

It's nice to have that speed when there is no pads on, but it's pretty useless unless you apply it on the field in a game. Kid is fast, but he doesn't have elite HS speed either once he puts those pads on.

how bad is the slow down?

You couldn't label a certain slow down from player to player. Everyone plays different, speed wise, once they throw those pads on. Some guys will play as fast in a t-shirt as they will pads. Some will slow down. But there is no constant for either.

You can look at a guy like Braylon Heard. He was hand timed at 4.38 by the coaches at Cardinal Mooney. And when you watch his video, you see a guy who plays at an elite level speed wise and consistently pulls away from players when he sees a shred of daylight. But you have Lampkin, at the same speed, and against lesser athletes in Nebraska, doesn't consistently show that burst that makes you say "WOW!".

I'm actually more intrigued in-state by Davie and Sterup. If Sterup is a legit 6'9, he scares me that he might grow out of football. But Davie, IIRC, was the kid who was an unknown but shined at our summer camp last year.

• 2 months later...

Nebraska and Stanford recently visited Lampkin earlier this week. Sounds like Stanford will offer Lampkin a scholarship when he attends Stanfords camp this June.

Lampkin has visited Iowa's junior days, Iowa States spring game, and K-States spring game.

I remember the week after NU's Junior Day, Lampkin was waiting for a call from Gilmore to see what his status was for an NU offer. Turns out Gilmore and the staff wanted him to attend summer camp so that they could get an up-close look at him before offering him. Apparently Lampkin was upset about this and moved on. FWIW, none of the attendees received an offer during Junior Day this year.

With that in mind, it seems like Lampkin might be holding a grudge against the NU staff in this latest article from OWH.

Ted Lampkin says he’s still a couple of months from making a decision on his football future.

The Omaha Central burner will have plenty of options.

Lampkin, a junior, has two Big 12 offers and is getting interest from Stanford, too.

The 5-foot-7, 160-pound wide receiver prospect attended spring games at Iowa State and Kansas State.

“Iowa State was a great experience,” he said. “And I really enjoyed myself at Kansas State. I can’t even choose (which one was better) right now. They’re both the same.”

Lampkin ran one of the top 40-yard dash times at the U.S. Army National Combine. He’s also the state leader in the long jump and has the top Class A triple-jump mark.

“I think I would be a great fit in one of those passing offenses,” he said.

Lampkin said he hasn’t talked much to Nebraska coaches since visiting for junior day during the winter.

“I’m looking elsewhere,” he said.

LINK