Inspirational Huskers

Nexus

I agree with everyone that you guys said but also feel that someone like joe ganz should be on here just a guy that was never suppose to start and ends up setting a bunch of records at nebraska. That is what nebraska football is all about. He worked his tail off and never complained. He knew he could play and he showed it. And I to can still remember when brook crashed that airplane. I also hope rickey gets to play again with everything he has gone through.

You guys have done a GREAT JOB of picking former Huskers. I can't argue or disagree with anyone who has been mentioned.

I was going to name Thenarse, and Tomich (walk-on with a learning disability I believe)....

I see Kenny Walker in various bars about once a month in small towns in SWI.

** This may be a slight reach, but Matt O'Hannlon may deserve a mention........correct me if I am wrong.

- a kid who didn't come to NU, decided to come back and walk-on....and I saw on Big Red Wrap Up the other night, that he had to "try-out" and a huge number of student/athletes went through this process and he was the ONLY one the coaches let be a part of the team..... BC wrote him off, and in the past two years, he becomes an award winning DB.

- Prime example of how hard-work and determination will pay off. Bo even said that Matt has a great shot at making a NFL roster as a free-agent.

You guys have done a GREAT JOB of picking former Huskers. I can't argue or disagree with anyone who has been mentioned.

I was going to name Thenarse, and Tomich (walk-on with a learning disability I believe)....

** This may be a slight reach, but Matt O'Hannlon may deserve a mention........correct me if I am wrong.

- a kid who didn't come to NU, decided to come back and walk-on....and I saw on Big Red Wrap Up the other night, that he had to "try-out" and a huge number of student/athletes went through this process and he was the ONLY one the coaches let be a part of the team..... BC wrote him off, and in the past two years, he becomes an award winning DB.

- Prime example of how hard-work and determination will pay off. Bo even said that Matt has a great shot at making a NFL roster as a free-agent.

Of course Matt O deserves a mention. Think how his story will inspire all of those kids who would otherwise take a scholarship to a smaller school who now believe they have a chance to make it at NU. Not even asked to walk-on, he just showed up at a tryout and overcame great odds. I guarantee, because of Matt, we will get a significant contribution from someone, if not several someones, who would have gone elsewhere.

Not a reach at all. O'Hanlon and various other walk-ons who have been successful at NU are the Rudy's of our beloved tradition. Who doesn't love Rudy? Like I said, there is no right or wrong answer here. O'Hanlon is definitely a prime example of inspiration.