Maine not impressed with NU???

Foppa

Did you expect him to say, well my Pee Wee game had 29 people and they all knew my name. I know we have no chance because we will never hear a play.

He has never played in major college football game.

He just stated he thought he could handle it. That would come from confidence in his ability and program.

2004: Saw action in seven games ... Made two tackles on the season with both coming against Northeastern (10/23) ... Was named a Maine Scholar-Athlete.

43,486 fans - the largest crowd to see a Maine football game- were on hand at Davis Wade Stadium.

9-7 victory over Mississippi State on Saturday evening. The win was the first for the Black Bears (2-1) against a Division I-A opponent.

I would just like to point out he did face Div IA opponent Miss St. and did nothing against them and even though the crowd was larger as quoted above he finds Montanta louder. Maybe thats cause he lost there.

My only point is to refute your statement that he is speaking with confidence over ignorance. I realize some football players are marked with brawn over brain and I believe this is the case. He does not realize the magnitude of the stadium he is about to get schooled in.

My expected statement would be something like this..."we are in for a real challenge but I am up to it. "

Your telling me you cannot be educated enough as a senior to realize that 23K is going to be slightly quieter than 78K?

Either way it makes the Maine game more exciting just to see this idiots reaction when he hears tunnel walk and cory ross's name over the PA saying "and thats another one for porkchop" :box

On a show I saw a while back they talked about how football is in Montana and they went nuts for their team and they had good fans and were real loud. Probably louder than the Miss. St. game, but nothing like they will experience on September 3rd.

Living in the past Foppa.

These kids now days have played for years. They have counselors that teach them to over come preasure. They do not fear fans. Noise will be bothersom, but no intimidation.

They fear and are intimidated by bigger, faster, smarter, meaner and better coached athletes. Southern Miss never feared us, Mississippi never feared us and you really think ISU fears us. Things of the past.

If we start beating every ones ass on a regular basis then and only then will they be intimidated by coming to Nebraska, and it won't be the stadium or the fans. But we are on our way back to those days. But give the credit where it is due. The staff and the players will have to cause the intimidation factor. Be afraid, very afraid.

My son raced professional Motocross, 75,000 fans screaming, noise form the bikes, the difficulty of the track. His coments were he could not hear a single thing, during the race it was silent except for his bike and the others near him. Athletes can be bothered by noise, hearing the plays, but not frightened by it.

Things have changed in todays sports. We as a group may cause a false start or a dropped pass, and of course that could change a game. But it is a very little part of the game anymore. We have a reputation as being good fans. None of them fear being beat or things thrown at them while on the field. No shot guns going off in their ears. We really are a pretty tame invironment compared to some stadiums.

Skers:

WOW...counselors?!?! :wtf

I am SO glad that counselors are helping the University of Maine. Now they will all play like NFL superstars, laugh at our embarrassing attempt to cheer on our Div. II football team, and dominate like USC :dis

USM never beat us before our REBUILDING year last year, and many will say that that shouldn't have happened regardless.

Please tell me the last time Mississippi came to Lincoln.

ISU has been to Lincoln MANY times. Same conference. So Regardless on whether or not they shouldn't be intimidated (they shouldn't) they are NOT in the same league as Maine. That's the team I am talking about here. They SHOULD, however, have a hard time hearing. Every team should coming here. But Maine SHOULD be intimidated AND have problems hearing. There is NO reason Maine should lose this game if for no other reason than that the CROWD disrupts everything they try to do.

Last I knew there wasn't any motocross going on at Memorial Stadium. Irrelevant.

I DO agree that there are stadiums that are more intimidating. But as fickle as NU fans can be, I was at the Utah St. game a couple of years ago when they shocked us for most of the first half. Even the blue-hairs pulled it together and Memorial started rocking as if we were going down to the wire with UT or OU. So we CAN get it goin when we want to. And we can still be good fans and be LOUD at the same time.

"Actually, I think Montana was the loudest place I've ever played," Knox said. "I never expected to be playing at Nebraska. It won't be mind-blowing."

Knox is a safety/linebacker for Maine.

Maybe Nebraska needs to change his mind for him, huh? :thumbs

This guy also doesn't realize that Nebraska fans love message boards and this will appear everywhere and then we will all know his know and make his life a miserable hell on the 3rd.

Guys, I kind of agree with both of you. I dont think that the young man made a derrogatory comment towards Nebraska football or it's fans, but simply an ignorant one. He compared our stadium, and therefore us, to Montana. I dont know about you guys, but I currently hold myself several cuts above Montana. The atmosphere at the staudium when playing a team like Maine is usually a bit calmer than if we were battling a conference opponet, but now a challenge has been issued. If he says he wont be intimidated, than it is our job as husker fans to intimidate the hell out of him, and that was the spirit of my post, and part of that is getting mentally prepared to kick ass on gameday, so GBR!

This kid's quotes back up what stuckin and skers had to pound into my head a few months ago. NU isn't respected like they used to be, because of Frankie's inability to recruit top talent.

Mark my words, in a few years, ppl won't be saying stuff like this, and if they do, it's pure ignorance, not because it ain't true.

The Huskers are like a phoenix...rising from the ashes.