Does Bo Deserve a Pay Raise?

Pay Raise for Bo?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe that Bo should get a raise because of what this team has done in the past 2 years.

Here is why I think that Bo should get a raise:

1. To compete with the Mack Browns, Bob Stoops, and the Urban Meyers

2. All of the top notch College programs losing coaches and having to find replacements ex: USC, Tennessee, etc

3. Turner Gill is getting paid more than Bo and he's at KANSAS

Silly me, I thought you were supposed do what you say you are going to do to get pay raises.

He was going to win championships. Not just the North.

Restore us to where we were.

He has not done what he was hired to do. He is working towards it, but he has not earned a pay raise. He has not attained the goals he set.

He is not on the level of Brown or Stoops or Meyers, there is no reason he should even be considered near their pay level. They have won and play for NC's.

When he does what he was hired to do, then and only then give him another pay raise.

Silly me, I thought you were supposed do what you say you are going to do to get pay raises.

He was going to win championships. Not just the North.

Restore us to where we were.

He has not done what he was hired to do. He is working towards it, but he has not earned a pay raise. He has not attained the goals he set.

He is not on the level of Brown or Stoops or Meyers, there is no reason he should even be considered near their pay level. They have won and play for NC's.

When he does what he was hired to do, then and only then give him another pay raise.

It's more than just winning..He has us going in the right direction and it could be very important to us to remain in that direction.

"Does Bo Deserve a Pay Raise?"...A better question would be...What's it worth to us to keep him here?

We'd like to think money is not that important to the saintly people that would coach our great team...But how much could you blame someone for taking a job that pays better?

Just because this is not a "regular job". :dunno

Here I am, bringing up the Tigers again...but...

I really love what they did with Dabo's contract. He has about an $800,000 base salary, and then huge incentives. Incentive for going to ACCCG, incentive for winning ACCCG, incentive for 9 wins, incentive for 10 wins, incentive for 11 wins, HUGE incentive for National championship, incentive for bowl wins.

It really pushes him to do more after we settled with paying Tommy Bowden to do nothing.

Bo has only been here 2 years. I like this approach for younger coaches also. Incentivize more $$$ for winning the national championship and Big 12. That is what he is here to ultimately do. If he hits those bonuses then he is going to get another raise anyway.

Not saying this would be Bo but how many times do you see the big deal signed and then the player or coach never lives up to it? Keep Bo and his staff hungry...that's how we need them and they will achieve.

Sipple wrote a good article on this in the LJS. Here is the link: http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/0...60238514179.txt

[/quote

Man that picture sure brings back memories. Those bleachers in the south end zone were the knot hole seats. Cold as hell when the wind started blowing as the season went on.

See not every thing has changed, we are still playing teams from South Dakota, :lol:

GBR!!!

At the start of the 2009 season Pelini was the 25th highest paid Head Coach. Every name ahead of his has more Head Coaching experience besides Lane Kiffin and is a proven Head Coaching Commodity besides Gene Chizik. With the coaching changes that have gone on this year Pelini has moved up a few spots as well. Of the 24 that were ahead of Bo 18 of those guys have coached in a BCS game(s), and 8 of them have won National Championships.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-...67955.htmlstory

Ranked Higher at the end of the Year or Have Won a BCS Bowl

34 Chip Kelly Oregon $1,500,000

43 Gary Patterson TCU $1,300,000

71 Chris Peterson Boise State $900,000

72 Bill Stewart West Virginia $800,000

80 Kyle Whittingham Utah $700,000

82 Bronco Mendenhall BYU $650,000

94 Frank Solich Ohio $400,000

Have Beaten Pelini

32 Mike Leach Texas Tech $1,750,000

53 Paul Rhoads Iowa State $1,150,000

Won National Championships

28 Steve Spurrier South Carolina $1,800,000

34 Joe Paterno Penn State $1,500,000

55 Dennis Erickson Arizona State $1,100,000

100 Howard Schnellenberger FAU $375,000

At the start of the 2009 season Pelini was the 25th highest paid Head Coach. Every name ahead of his has more Head Coaching experience besides Lane Kiffin and is a proven Head Coaching Commodity besides Gene Chizik. With the coaching changes that have gone on this year Pelini has moved up a few spots as well. Of the 24 that were ahead of Bo 16 of those guys have coached in a BCS game(s), and 8 of them have won National Championships.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-...67955.htmlstory

Ranked Higher at the end of the Year or Have Won a BCS Bowl

34 Chip Kelly Oregon $1,500,000

43 Gary Patterson TCU $1,300,000

71 Chris Peterson Boise State $900,000

80 Kyle Whittingham Utah $700,000

82 Bronco Mendenhall BYU $650,000

Have Beaten Pelini

32 Mike Leach Texas Tech $1,750,000

53 Paul Rhoads Iowa State $1,150,000

Reference

I think a lot of people on here are basing the pay raise based on Gill getting more $$$ from KU than Bo when Gill has proven nothing.

Frank Solich won a NC as a head coach? Why didn't anyone tell me?

No one said he did, maybe you should read more closely- IE The glaring bold text that says REFERENCE.

Reference what? Here's what it said above:

What again is being referenced? All of those guys won NC's as head coaches except one. Why was that name included in the list? The reference says absolutely nothing about what it is referencing.

Frank Solich won a NC as a head coach? Why didn't anyone tell me?

No one said he did, maybe you should read more closely- IE The glaring bold text that says REFERENCE.

Reference what? Here's what it said above:

What again is being referenced? All of those guys won NC's as head coaches except one. Why was that name included in the list? The reference says absolutely nothing about what it is referencing.

The OP right below the NC subheading had REFERENCE in big bold shiny letters followed by: 94 Frank Solich Ohio $400,000 . Perhaps the OP should spell it out more clearly for you next time. He was referencing Frank Solich's salary to compare what NU's former coach, an individual who won NC's as an assistant and coached in 1 NC as HC, makes compared to current coaches that have won NC's but are not paid higher than Bo. It's not that hard to figure out what the OP's reasoning for REFERENCING what Solich's salary is :facepalm:

Reference <------------------------ Relates to the aforementioned Subheading; "Won National Championships". The OP was not explicitly saying Solich won as NC, but rather referencing the former coach's pay who took us to a NC.

I thought the title won national championships meant won national championships. Just because reference was down there, it never said what it was referencing. Also, it appears it should have never even been there to begin with because 1) Solich never won a NC 2) there's a coach on the list already who has a lower salary than Solich who actually did win a NC. The point of the title was to show coaches who have won NC who are paid less money than Bo right? Why put Solich in there when Schnellenberger paints an even better picture than Solich? He could have also listed Larry Coker's salary as the head coach of the University of Texas San Antonio Roadrunners. Coker did actually win a NC, and I'm sure his salary is probably less than even Schnellenberger

s.