Mike Leach

Depending on who you believe in the whole Texas Tech scandal....I think Tech was looking for a reason to fire Leach to avoid paying the $ 800,000 he was set to recieve in a few weeks. Plus the hard feelings that took place last season during contract negotiations.

Leach is eccentric and I couldn't see him fitting in with Pelini's staff. I see him getting a few million out of Tech, to early to tell if he ever gets back to coaching after this all is resolved.

Depending on who you believe in the whole Texas Tech scandal....I think Tech was looking for a reason to fire Leach to avoid paying the $ 800,000 he was set to recieve in a few weeks. Plus the hard feelings that took place last season during contract negotiations.

Leach is eccentric and I couldn't see him fitting in with the Pelini's staff. I see him getting a few million out of Tech, to early to tell if he ever gets back to coaching after this all is resolved.

I don't know, sure was plain as day that money was a factor, but with a few of his staff confirming his treatment of the James kid, he was in the wrong... but I am sure he has a viable wrongful termination argument or whatever you call it... :dunno

Despite what happened to him, I would be willing to bet he gets another HC job down the line, whether that's NFL or CFB. He's too good a coach not to be HC somewhere. The cold hard fact is that the guys at the top don't really care if you have abuse charges if you can win football games. It has tainted his reputation but he'll still be able to coach.

I think the biggest reason Mike Leach would never come here is because he doesn't fit in with the Nebraska culture, and has even been critical of our culture in the past.

Mike Leach would never come to Nebraska.

Especially not now.

There's an opening with the Pirates of East Carolina!

They'd be stupid not to hire him. Think of the money they'd save by having him be the HC and mascot.

I met coach Leach about three years ago. Very different, but fun loving.

I have learned in my many years there are always two sides to the story. His side is not as well publicized as the other it appears.

I would love to have him here, but with his ego and Bo's it would never work. Two of the best minds in football on the same team. WOW!!

ECU is the perfect fit or Tampa Bay. The man would go nuts there!!!!!!!!

Leach is eccentric and I couldn't see him fitting in with the Pelini's staff. I see him getting a few million out of Tech, to early to tell if he ever gets back to coaching after this all is resolved.

I don't know, sure was plain as day that money was a factor, but with a few of his staff confirming his treatment of the James kid, he was in the wrong... but I am sure he has a viable wrongful termination argument or whatever you call it... :dunno

Link?

I have heard he was not terminated for his treatment of the player, but his disrespect to the AD and administration. Refusing to make apologies for what he did. But I agree it all boiled down to money and an easy way out.

It has been confirmed that he did put the kid in the dark room by the trainer. Pour baby.

I think Mike will be back coaching and soon. I hope so, his offense is fun to watch.

They do it in the NFL all the time. However, I don't think Leach coming here would be a good idea.

True, coaches might go from HC in college to NFL coordinators. Charlie Weiss did that. But, you rarely see a head coach at the college level go to a coordinator position at the college level. At least I haven't heard of many that do it directly without passing through the NFL first. I think one reason is that there are so many coaching jobs in college whereas the NFL only has so many teams. If you mess up in the NFL there may not be another open HC position. I don't know that much about the NFL, I'm almost strictly CFB. But it seems like very few coaches have ever gone from an HC to a CFB OC/DC.

I don't think you could just plug his passing plays into our offense. His passing game IS the offense. It would be like having a run and shoot guy come in and be the passing game coordinator. I think he'd want to have some control over the offensive line (the weird splits and recruiting the 6-6+ 330 pounders) to make his thing work. I'm skeptical if his passing would jibe with our running game. We don't seem to be recruiting his type of qb either. He certainly doesn't seem to be the type of guy to work within someone else's parameters.

bringing Leach to NU would be like putting a child molester in a kindergarten class. can you imagine that jacka$$ coaching any of our kids? not a chance.......

Thats a uh...weird analogy, but I'll take it. That's kinda like saying Mike Leach is going to rape the players.

More seriously, Bo has too much confidence in Watson in bring in anyone to help out or work alongside Watson. I think if the Offense struggles again next year, that will change.

i think leach and TTU had a peculiar and special relationship where he could thrive there; however, i do not know how well he will do anywhere else.

edit: when i say "thrive", i mean on the field. i know he had problems with the administration. but for some reason, his system really flourished there and gave TTU unimaginable success.