The Texas Tech/Mike Leach saga continues

Blirp from ESPN

TTU and Leach need to take this behind closed doors

Among the details alleged in the lawsuit:

• In September, Craig James called assistant coach Tommy McVay "to tell him, in effect, that you coaches are crazy and you're screwing my kid."

• The same day that he made the call to McVay, Craig James left a message for Riley "stating, in effect, 'You don't know what you're doing. Adam James is the best player at the wide receiver position. ... If you've got the [blank] to call me back, and I don't think you do, call me back.' "

• During practices before the Valero Alamo Bowl, Adam James "told Coach [bennie] Wylie that Wylie didn't know what he was doing and James' effort was just fine."

• Adam James "voluntarily placed himself into the electrical closet and apparently took pictures with his phone camera."

• Texas Tech President Guy Bailey advised Leach that he thought Chancellor Kent Hance was going to try to "railroad" Leach, because of a business relationship between James and Hance.

:wacko: I don't know anymore, at first I was pretty anti Leach about the treatment of this kid, but things like this make it hard to judge. I do think he had been walking a pretty fine line at TTU from inquiring about other jobs w/o AD knowledge, not rubbing elbows with boosters and basically sticking his noise in the air around TTU administration... whether or not James is a spoiled baby, i think he had one foot out the door already... I think he will probably win this lawsuit

I think Craig James should STFU. He is using his position with ESPN to get his son playing time. Honestly, if i were ESPN i would tell him he is on a tight leash..

this is soo stupid. If Leach got fired because of lies told by James, i hope he cant sleep at night. That is total BS to get someone fired because you cant handle the fact you arent gettign playing time.

Adam James sitting in the electrical closet singing...

"Now I'm trapped in the closet, I'm in the closet too."

I think this is a South Park reference, and if it is, :lol: , and if it's not, I have no comment.

South Park did make fun of it, but it was actually an "urban opera" from R. Kelly.

Trapped in the Closet

I made my own version of the DVD cover to the R Kelly deal in another thread. It featured Adam James, Mike Leach and the Texas Tech Bell Ringer guy.

Adam James sitting in the electrical closet singing...

"Now I'm trapped in the closet, I'm in the closet too."

I think this is a South Park reference, and if it is, :lol: , and if it's not, I have no comment.

Yes it was a South Park reference.

The South Park one was probably better anyway. I just had a few friends that loved to watch the R Kelly one when it came out.

Back on topic:

I could see Craig James calling in like that, but that still doesn't make it OK for Leach to lock an injured kid in a closet. I'm not saying he did lock him in there, but if he did, then that's just sh!tty. I saw something today about Craig James running for US Senate and how he doesn't think this deal will affect his campaign. WTF?

I don't know what to think about this whole thing whether I want to believe Leach or the James gang but was it just me but did the video that Adam James took from his cell phone show some sort of light source that well didn't make that room totally dark as explained thru numerous sources and links.

They made this out to be like he was locked in a totally dark room for hours away from civilization like a caged animal but yet the video footage shows a corner of a room pitch black and the surrounding area light up like the 4th of July.

I'm not agreeing on what Leach did was right but to say that he was locked in a dark room for hours when that isn't true is blowing it out of proportion which is something totally different.