Classy thing Nebraska Coach Bo did for my son!

jauken

Hi All,

I just wanted to pass on what a CLASSY thing Coach Bo and his staff did for the birth of my new son. I was so excited over the birth of my new son that i had sent his secretary and email stating that she could let him know in 18 years that he will have a new defensive tackle recruit.

In the mail Friday i received a very nice 8/12 X 11 certificate stating that the University of Nebraska Football welcomes my son into the world. The best thing was that it has all the Nebraska logos and it was signed by Bo Pelini.

I think that was a very very classy move by the University and by Coach Bo and his secretary. Kudos to them and its a treasure that i will have framed and put over my son's crib....

Remember.. THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA

J

• Fire 1

Hi All,

I just wanted to pass on what a CLASSY thing Coach Bo and his staff did for the birth of my new son. I was so excited over the birth of my new son that i had sent his secretary and email stating that she could let him know in 18 years that he will have a new defensive tackle recruit.

In the mail Friday i received a very nice 8/12 X 11 certificate stating that the University of Nebraska Football welcomes my son into the world. The best thing was that it has all the Nebraska logos and it was signed by Bo Pelini.

I think that was a very very classy move by the University and by Coach Bo and his secretary. Kudos to them and its a treasure that i will have framed and put over my son's crib....

Remember.. THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA

J

I'd hold out for an actual offer- J/K

Dangit...makes me wanna have another kid! :corndance

Does this count against any "schollies" we have left in 2028? :cheers Congrats on your son and your memorabilia from NU and Coach Bo.

Sounds like Coach plans on staying around for awhile if he is making scholarship offers that far ahead!

damn thats awesome... i knew i forgot soemthing when my kid was born.... good thing we remembered....well never mind :facepalm:

but anyways that the kind of guy bo is... some people have that and others you know... well they dont because of who they are how busy they might be or whatever.....

reminds me of the time when i was really into baseball when i was 7 or 8... cal ripken jr. was my favorite player so i wrote him this note and sent a baseball with a return evnvelop for him and everythign.. not really expecting any thing cause he had a boatlod of fans i assumed... but suprisingly really really fast i got a my return evenlope in the mail with my signed ball and card... i was stoked!!!

You guys laugh, but i bet Bo thinks, i will be nice to every person i can, because you dont know when you might call on a favor. J, your son could end up being a 5 star recruit, and I have a feeling you would love for him to play for the Huskers, but if Bo is off elsewhere you might remember what he did and chance your mind and send him to Bo.

It is a great thing he did, but i also look at it logically, he is helping himself out by spreading good publicity, not that he needs anymore.

Congrats.. get a picture of that thing up here if you have a chance, sounds like a cool little gift for the little guy.

Dangit...makes me wanna have another kid! :corndance

Does this count against any "schollies" we have left in 2028? :cheers Congrats on your son and your memorabilia from NU and Coach Bo.

Yeah, well its just that it says the University of Nebraska welcomes "my sons name" into the world, not a scholly offer letter ;) I WISH :) I truly debated on whether i should post this on the board, but i thought showing how wonderful and considerate they were overshadowed the fact that he might now get hundreds of requests :)

I will take a picture of it once i have it framed, right now im doing all i can to catch up on sleep, so hopefully by next weekend i can have it done..

You guys laugh, but i bet Bo thinks, i will be nice to every person i can, because you dont know when you might call on a favor. J, your son could end up being a 5 star recruit, and I have a feeling you would love for him to play for the Huskers, but if Bo is off elsewhere you might remember what he did and chance your mind and send him to Bo.

It is a great thing he did, but i also look at it logically, he is helping himself out by spreading good publicity, not that he needs anymore.

Congrats.. get a picture of that thing up here if you have a chance, sounds like a cool little gift for the little guy.

Minnesota husker, TRULY you are right.. I want my son to go to NU if he has been blessed with that ability....and i hold no illusions that Bo will be at NU in 18 years (if so he had an AWESOME Career) but i will remember that act (however small to him, but huge to my family) and remeber him fondly.