Baker Steinkuhler

I was reading up on Rivals "Year in Review Offensive Line" and it said there is talk about a possible position change for Baker to move over to offense. I was wondering if anyone new if this is just speculation from people on the outside looking in or if the coaches have actually came out and said that they have talked about it.

To me he already seems primed to take the starting position at DT next to Crick next season, and behind him we don't really know who that next guy is. And he has spent two season working at DT. If you move him now it's like you wasted those other two season, he could have contributed last year on the thin Oline if the move was made before last season.

Thoughts anyone?

I think he is on the Dline to stay. We can't afford to let Barney get ahold of him. The Oline is gonna be stacked anyways and he looked fairly solid on the Dline this year anyways. Baker will become a solid DT in the years to come. I do understand however that Baker is not a prototypical Bo DT, but neither is Crick.

What if they have a guy coming out of a redshirt who is as good or possibly a little better than BS at DT? His making the O-line substantially better beats the hell out of him keeping someone just as good on the bench or playing from the bench himself. You do have to wonder though, if they feel that way, why didn't they move him last year?

I think he is on the Dline to stay. We can't afford to let Barney get ahold of him. The Oline is gonna be stacked anyways and he looked fairly solid on the Dline this year anyways. Baker will become a solid DT in the years to come. I do understand however that Baker is not a prototypical Bo DT, but neither is Crick.

Well Suh wasn't really your prototypical DT either. Our DL is there to open up plays for the linebackers, not make most of the plays themselves.

I just don't see it happening at this point but barring any injuries and such....anything is possible!

I completely agree. I don't think depth will be as big an issue on the OL this next year.

Well Steinkuhler was rated a 5 star prospect as an Offensive Tackle not a DT. But I don't see why they would switch him over to Offense at this point, like some of the other guys have mentioned, the depth on the Oline shouldn't be an issue next season, we've got Hardrick coming in and the RS frosh: Ovale, Ash, Coffey, and Sirles all pressing for playing time.

Well Nebraska gets a five-star recruit about twice a decade, and Baker is one of them. It's hard to imagine a five-star talent under Bo and Carl's tutelage not turning out to be an absolute freak. I don't see any way he should change sides.

other than the fact that his dad was an outland and lombardi trophy winner as an offensive lineman? there may be something happening in the background we can't see. who knows?

he could play in either position, but i think he *really* wants to be earn a blackshirt.