If you could go back in time.........

I've changed my mind, the thing I would go back and change is Zac Lee not getting hurt earlier this year. The more i think about this, that was the whole problem the whole season. I know they were sun belt teams, but damn it, you just dont go from that to what we were mid-season because of competition. And it's pretty obvious now that Green was played when he was simply because Zac's pain was too much to ignore at the time. But what I am proud of, is same with the Helu situation, the coaches or the team NEVER once used it as an excuse, hell we never even knew about it till the season was over. So that's what I would change now that I think about it more, just to imagine where we'd a finished with just an average offense that could'a put up 25 points in each game.

Texas Big 12 championship 1996. The team was sick all over playing a pu&&y game in a dome, and let's face it, that game was a 1 in 100 that it would turn out that way. Nebraska wins that game, and they definitely beat Florida St. for the national title, making and unprecedented 4 in a row.

That was the first one that came to my mind, too.

And basically any other time we've lost to Texas.

Texas Big 12 championship 1996. The team was sick all over playing a pu&&y game in a dome, and let's face it, that game was a 1 in 100 that it would turn out that way. Nebraska wins that game, and they definitely beat Florida St. for the national title, making and unprecedented 4 in a row.

This game is the one, we would be unprecedented as the greatest CFB program in modern history with 4 NC in a row and all of our wins.

I see alot looking at the 01 Rose Bowl, I honestly do not believe that any performance in that game wouldve prevented what was coming in the next 6 years. Nebraska was already dead before the 01 season, we just didnt know it yet.

I'm not sure why people would change this. Its not like we (or anyone) had a shot against that Miami team. They were clearly the best football team in the country that year.

PS-If I were to time travel, I would use the Hot Tub Time Machine.

This game is the one, we would be unprecedented as the greatest CFB program in modern history with 4 NC in a row and all of our wins.

We win this game as well as the '93 national title game vs FSU, that would've been 5 consecutive national titles. Video games don't produce that kind of dynasty.

Time travel and reversing losses are hard, as some of them set up other seasons/wins, but as you will see below this is probably too much, and will bring up bad memories, but every time THESE games are mentioned, I die a little inside.

1984 Orange Bowl vs. Miami (National Title. I wasn't alive, but I get a little teary eyed when watching it on TV.)

1994 Orange Bowl vs. Florida State (National Title. First I can remember, if we win, who knows how many titles in a row we could have won. It would have been at least 3 in a row, obviously.)

1996 Big XII Title game vs. Texas (The first ever Big XII title game, and the team was flu ridden I believe?)

1998 vs. Texas. (I was there when the streak stopped, horrible feeling. Could have won the National Title as well that year)

1999 @ Texas. (If we win, we should have won the National Title)

2001 @ Colorado. (Just got outplayed, no excuses, that hurt considering we beat Oklahoma earlier in the year.)

...then we somehow slip into the title game...

2002 Rose Bowl vs Miami. (National Title. We we're just out played, not enough talent, but a title in the 2000's would have been nice)

2002 vs. Texas (For a struggling team, that was a great time to turn it around, and it just didn't happen)

2005 vs. Texas Tech (I couldn't decide to laugh or cry at this one)

2006 vs. Texas (Good offensive call, better defensive play, I was bitter but thought we had turned the corner with Callahan)

2008 @ Texas Tech (Against Tech's best team who went to #3 in the nation and we get it to overtime and lost)

2009 @ Virginia Tech ("Nebraska can't win the big game on the road" I got so sick of that and thought,"THIS, THIS is the ONE!" I thought there would be no worse Husker loss ever...boy was I wrong)

2009 vs. Texas Tech (I wanted revenge so bad on these guys, but injuries on the offense seemed to hold us back, well at least I hope that was the case, as we couldn't sustain a drive, and we lost the momentum in the first quarter)

2009 vs. Iowa State (Attended, and it was a fluke game for the century)

2009 Big XII Title Game vs. Texas (Attended and that was just evil. Pure, freaking, evil. It couldn't have got any worse after the Virginia Tech game, but nope, it had to be topped out by this game sadly. Let's hope this is the last of "evil ending games" against us, and especially against Texas of all teams. All of the Texas fans down there still all acted like they "won by 45" and as if it was a "piece of cake".

Minus the National Title games...I'd say 2009 Virginia Tech/Texas games, followed by the one losses that we were away from an undefeated season/potential National Champions.

Texas appears A LOT in this post, and they have a series lead, but every game besides the 2003 game has been a classic, just sadly more in their favor. Hoping we turn the tide against them starting in 2010!

Texas Tech is also a thorn in our side, I'm sick of seeing them beat us too!

This was so hard to decide, considering how many times we could have won National Titles or been undefeated, but some of those losses "had to happen" to make the team better. Or at least in some cases.

Long-time reader, first time post...

I have to agree with Herd Husker because that was my first ever Husker game. The atmosphere at Lane Stadium was great- classy fans but we had them beat... It was tough walking out in my Ganz jersey just thinking 'what if'.

There were definetly bigger, more important games but on a personal note it was 09 VaTech.

WE ARE DEFENSIVE LINE U

I would tread lightly with this thread guys.

Time travel is serious business, and while its fun to say what we could or could change about football, I don't think its anything to joke about.

I know a buddy of mine named Marty would agree with you. He thought it would be a tits idea to steal a sports result book from the future and make a ton of money, but of course that cockwad Biff got ahold of it and he got rich and married his mom. It took FOREVER to try and unring that bell. For some reason he ended up on a train. You can see Marty on TV every now and again, he's still shaking over the expierience.

time_travel.jpg

• Fire 1

Three that come to mind:

The very 1st game I ever attended (with my Dad)

T.O. finally beat Switzer and we took over #1, and we lost to Missery in a sleeting fridgid game in '78? Then had a rematch with OU int the Orange Bowl. :angry:

The '82 Penn State game where they caught two balls clearly out of Bounds on their last drive to beat us and went on to win the MNC.

The "Nineteen ta Nuthin'" game out here against ASU that convinced me that I was bad luck and I never attended another Husker game since.

Three that come to mind:

The very 1st game I ever attended (with my Dad)

T.O. finally beat Switzer and we took over #1, and we lost to Missery in a sleeting fridgid game in '78? Then had a rematch with OU int the Orange Bowl. :angry:

The '82 Penn State game where they caught two balls clearly out of Bounds on their last drive to beat us and went on to win the MNC.

The "Nineteen ta Nuthin'" game out here against ASU that convinced me that I was bad luck and I never attended another Husker game since.

Yeah, that ASU game still stings...

Funny sidenote, one of the gals my wife works with, her husband is an ASU alum, and was at that game...