Texas turns down NU/ESPN for Thursday night game...

I think as long as both teams are ranked top 10 no question it'll turn into a saturday night prime time game, with college gameday being there. And after experiencing what an atmosphere the oklahoma game produced this year, no question memorial stadium will be rockin and were probably looking at a record crowd for a beat down of texas, not to mention i just wanna hear what corso and crew wil have to say when nebraska sticks it to them. Obviously we will have to will then trap game in washington but you know players and coaches already have this game circled. I honestly cant wait for this game!

I would rather have saturday night.. i think that the mood is just better on a weekend..

Get gameday here, and lets whoop that a$$.. HUSKER STYLE

I totesmagotes agree on the weekend mood. And I tell ya what, gameday will definitely be here if both teams are still undefeated (at that point, NU & TU would be in top 10). Shoot, they would probably be here anyway knowing how controversial the Big 12 title game was.

Good for Texas! Thursday games suck, which is why they should be reserved for MWC, WAC, SBC, MAC and CUSA type games, not games that actually matter.

Most of the time they are not great games, but there have been some real good games in the last year or so. The Thursday night game allow for national exposure and might help in recruiting.

Mack Brown knows a death trap when he sees it. I would've turned it down as well if I was in his position. Conference away game, 80k jacked up fans, and with revenge on the minds of everyone. Plus Mack realizes he is going to be breaking in a new QB this year. He's probably looking to secure as easy a schedule as possible.

Good for Texas! Thursday games suck, which is why they should be reserved for MWC, WAC, SBC, MAC and CUSA type games, not games that actually matter.

A least he didnt say what i was thinking. Big time programs don't play on Saturday. When have you seen Michigan, USC, FL, Alabama, Ohio State, or Texas play on a Thurs. Those game are a fund raising gimmick. Texas doesn't need Thursday night to make money.

I don't know why there is so much hate for Thursday night FB games. Hell I think the more CFB is televised the better!

I can't be the only one that thinks good football is good football regardless of the name on the jerseys can I? Sure there have been some lopsided snoozers on Thur, but when the games are competitive they are as good as anything you'll see on Sat. (minus Husker games of course) Then again, I'm the kind of fan who would watch a divisional SWAC game on a Wednesday before I would watch a full game of play-off baseball, so maybe it IS just me. :dunno

I agree that good football is good football. I enjoy watching two evenly matched teams mix it up at any level, but on Thursdays I perfectly happy to watch a couple of MAC teams go at it, and save Saturday (the best day for football, imo) for meaningful games between good programs.