Watson applied

But you also have Georgia/Tech, Bama, SC, etc all close to "home" for some of these recruits.

Did you really just bring SC into it? :LOLtartar

Clemson also gets some of them: Kyle Parker **** (Current QB), Jamie Harper ***** (RB), CJ Spiller *****, etc...

But still, many times they are going to want to stay in state. From Tampa to any of those is a long way, ATL is at least 6 hours, Columbia, SC is 9 or 10, and Clemson is 11 or 13, not sure about Bama.

But you also have Georgia/Tech, Bama, SC, etc all close to "home" for some of these recruits.

Did you really just bring SC into it? :LOLtartar

Clemson also gets some of them: Kyle Parker **** (Current QB), Jamie Harper ***** (RB), CJ Spiller *****, etc...

But still, many times they are going to want to stay in state. From Tampa to any of those is a long way, ATL is at least 6 hours, Columbia, SC is 9 or 10, and Clemson is 11 or 13, not sure about Bama.

:lol:

You're right...I should've said Clemson...my apologies

I'm gonna play Nostradamus with this and say if Nebraska has a BCS year next season and Colorado has another losing season, then the Buffs will contact Wats about the HC job.

Good call. Wats had success there, and he couldn't do any worse than Hawkins. Trouble is I don't see Wats being anything more than a middle-of-the-road HC.

I'm gonna play Nostradamus with this and say if Nebraska has a BCS year next season and Colorado has another losing season, then the Buffs will contact Wats about the HC job.

Good call. Wats had success there, and he couldn't do any worse than Hawkins. Trouble is I don't see Wats being anything more than a middle-of-the-road HC.

The only thing about this is that Watson, in a nutshell, was fired from Colorado. I don't think it'd be high on his possible HC positions. He'd probably listen to what they had to say and consider it if they put a nice offer on the table. But, that still leaves the issue of Hawkins buyout if they do end up flailing for another year.

That buyout could hit the school hard. If they didn't wanna muster the money to buyout Hawkins after this last year then it is going to be difficult to get rid of him next year and pay a HC a competitive price.

The only thing about this is that Watson, in a nutshell, was fired from Colorado. I don't think it'd be high on his possible HC positions.

Watson being let go(fired) by Colorado was just like Bo being let go(fired) by Nebraska in 2004. Bo came back to be a Head Coach and I think Watson would go back to CU to be Head Coach if given the chance.

The only thing about this is that Watson, in a nutshell, was fired from Colorado. I don't think it'd be high on his possible HC positions.

Watson being let go(fired) by Colorado was just like Bo being let go(fired) by Nebraska in 2004. Bo came back to be a Head Coach and I think Watson would go back to CU to be Head Coach if given the chance.

Fair point, but I still don't think it would be high on the list. If I'm not mistaken, Bohn is the one who hired Hawkins and is partly responsible for Watson and the other coaching staff being gone, because Hawkins was his hire. That is completely different from Bo's situation because Steve Pederson was not the person who hired Bo back.

I kind of look at it like this --- let's say I work for a large corporation. Our CEO gets fired and we hire a new one. He hires all new management, and the management begins to systematically fire/let off/downsize the company. I am one of the people who is fired by the new management.

If the same CEO came back years later seeing if I wanted to go back there, I would be very reluctant.

I don't blame watson for applying, what bothers me is the timing..

here is the real issue, if it is about money, then I don't get it. It's not like his salary is bad and he isn't having to live in another coaches basement.

i mean, he gets paid several hundred grand a year. at some point, it isn't about money anymore and money does not equal happiness. ask Tiger.

what this actually shows me, is wats wants out.

now, the rest is just purely my own personal opinion, but I think TO had allot to do with keeping watson.

I personally believe TO told wats, stick around, if bo doesn't work out, I will make you head coach.

Bo is working out, and lets be honest, this year Watson did what he had to do, but it wasn't pretty.

I don't want to crucify watson, but now after hearing this, I want him gone.

That's hilarious. TD Ameritrade's former CEO applied. Joe Moglia was a good football coach at Dartmouth before getting into the brokerage business. He's quite the interesting man.

Yeah, some on the list of applicants left me with a what the f*** moments -

The list of applicants painted a broad stroke across the coaching landscape: Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster,(isn't he supposed to the the coach in waiting for Beemer?) . . . Harvard head coach Tim Murphy, (didn't he call a fake punt in his own 20 with the lead late in the game on 4th and long?) Syracuse special teams coach Tim Casullo, . . . .

The most off-beat applicant: Michael Moore, a high school student in Texas who has no coaching experience but decided to e-mail university officials about the job.. . . .

Other coaches to submit application materials: former NFL All-Pro receiver Mel Gray, now freshman head coach at Auburn High in Rockford, Ill.; Orlando Jones High head coach Kenard Lang;(at least he's the head high school coach) . . .

Orlando Jones High?

orlando-jones1.jpg

here is the real issue, if it is about money, then I don't get it. It's not like his salary is bad and he isn't having to live in another coaches basement.

i mean, he gets paid several hundred grand a year. at some point, it isn't about money anymore and money does not equal happiness. ask Tiger.

now, the rest is just purely my own personal opinion, but I think TO had allot to do with keeping watson.

I personally believe TO told wats, stick around, if bo doesn't work out, I will make you head coach.

Bo is working out, and lets be honest, this year Watson did what he had to do, but it wasn't pretty.

I don't want to crucify watson, but now after hearing this, I want him gone.

Wants out? I don't think that's right. He wants to be a HC. He's turned down OC offers before to stay at Nebraska. The only way I see him leaving here is either he is let go or he gets a head coaching job.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you have to give Wats a break on at least one point - he can't control when jobs open up. He's qualified for a HC job at a place like USF, so it stands to reason he'd apply if he wants his career progress.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you have to give Wats a break on at least one point - he can't control when jobs open up. He's qualified for a HC job at a place like USF, so it stands to reason he'd apply if he wants his career progress.

Can't beleive I'm siding on Watson side on this. but Like Knap said when was he supposed to apply for the job they just fired the head coach. What I like to know is how many HC positions he's applied for. (which I'm all for :corndance )