Who is your Favorite husker QB?

Id have to say Eric Crouch because he was the first Husker QB who I was actually alive to witness and enjoy. I remember watching his spectacular run against Mizzou and re-enacting it in my backyard for the rest of the year :D

Turner Gill!!!

I should be a homer and go that route too. I am not gonna, but I should.

That run gets way too much publicity. It wasn't as great as it's made out to be. Yeah, he didn't go down, but the Gators had flat given up by then. They were barely trying to tackle.

Tommie gets my vote, very closely over Turner Gill, but that run isn't why. That run is the least thing Tommie did in his career.

That run gets way too much publicity. It wasn't as great as it's made out to be. Yeah, he didn't go down, but the Gators had flat given up by then. They were barely trying to tackle.

Tommie gets my vote, very closely over Turner Gill, but that run isn't why. That run is the least thing Tommie did in his career.

A lot of the Gator players were also going for the strip instead of just wrapping up, something I'm sure they were coached to do so they could try and keep the score close.

1. Frazier - Great runner and underated as a passing qb. One of the best QB's in college football.

2. Turner Gill - The guy had it all Passing and running skill with a great head for the game.

3. Gerry Gdowski - Probably be the most perfect option QB in the offense they are running right not. He was a underated qb that sat behind Steve taylor and unfortunately had one year to start.

Unheralded at the start of the season, the fourth-year senior put up some of the best numbers ever for a Husker QB. He completed 71 of 136 passes (52.2 percent) for 1,326, threw only two interceptions (none in his last 92 attempts) for a school-record interception percent of 1.47, and threw 19 TD passes, one of Vince Ferragamo's school record. He threw at least one TD pass in 10 of NU's last 11 games, including each of the last nine contests, and exploded for 10 in the last three games. All those figures came together for an NCAA pass rating of 177.3 points, another school record, and one which surpasses the NCAA record of 176.9 set by Brigham Young's Jim McMahon in 1980--but Gdowski averaged only 12.4 attempts per game, and the NCAA minimum is 15

4.Eric Crouch - Some people say he was the best option qb ever. He was a one man team and deserved the Heisman in 2001. He basicaly took the option out of the option and was the downfall of Nebraska option IMO. He was a one man team and he took the rb and fb out of the picture most of the time. Though it's true the runningbacks were not close to what frazier had I'm mot sure it would have mattered. By the way I would kill for Nebraska to have the same kind of lineman he played behind in todays offense so claiming he played behind a bad line is ludicrous.

5.Keithen McCant

6.Scott Frost

20. Ganz

Left Tagge and some of the QB's in the 70's off cause I don't remember watching them being to young.

• Fire 1

i would have to go with touchdown tommie as my #1. the one qb which i find that no one has talked about to help us turn the page in the switch from a option style offense to the west coast is zac taylor. i know he could no run the ball as well as ganz or even lee for that matter, but he threw one of the best balls i think nebraska has ever had. you put him in this year and i think we could easly be a 1 loss team if not better. just my opinion.

My favorite Husker QB ever was Scott Frost hands downs. Dude was the most competitive QB I've ever seen, & his will to win defined his success. He played with a chip on his shoulder & a determination that willed those '97 Huskers to the title. And if it weren't for Texas in '96, he would've led them to a title in his 1st season.

Frost was a fantastic runner & field general, & he was the perfect QB for that offense. Much like Frazier in '94 & '95, Frost provided the X-factor that made the offense such a dominant force. And he, not Matt Davison, was the reason the Huskers beat Mizzou. He was a frickin' monster that night, & it was only fitting there was 7 seconds in regulation before he threw that last-second miracle.

Frost wasn't afraid...ever. He got in opponents' faces. He laid huge blocks (A&M). Heck, the guy was so confident in his ability to run the option that he pitched the ball on target every time without looking. Neither Frazier nor Crouch did that. But that's not what made him my favorite, it was his fire, determination & smackmouth style that accomplished that.

Bottom line - Frost was the epitome of those great teams in the 90s. The best suitor following Frazier's run with will-power second to none. :worship

• Fire 1

i would have to go with touchdown tommie as my #1. the one qb which i find that no one has talked about to help us turn the page in the switch from a option style offense to the west coast is zac taylor. i know he could no run the ball as well as ganz or even lee for that matter, but he threw one of the best balls i think nebraska has ever had. you put him in this year and i think we could easly be a 1 loss team if not better. just my opinion.

You're right. If Taylor were our QB with the '09 team, we would've been a one-loss team (as long as the WRs could do their jobs).

Taylor had a great arm...wait for until...the final pass of his Nebraska career vs Auburn. Down but still in the game, we needed a 4th down conversion, and what does Taylor do? He throws an uncatchable ball that lands 15 feet OOB. Essentially, he gave up. To me, that's the one thing QBs never do. Unfortunately, that mentality personified Callahan QBs from that day forward.

You're right. If Taylor were our QB with the '09 team, we would've been a one-loss team (as long as the WRs could do their jobs).

Taylor had a great arm...wait for until...the final pass of his Nebraska career vs Auburn. Down but still in the game, we needed a 4th down conversion, and what does Taylor do? He throws an uncatchable ball that lands 15 feet OOB. Essentially, he gave up. To me, that's the one thing QBs never do. Unfortunately, that mentality personified Callahan QBs from that day forward.

true but i think taylor was tough. do your remember that michigan game where he was on his back ALL game? he was unloaded on almost every play and all he did was lead his team to a victory against an underachieving yet still very good michigan squad. not saying you are wrong because i see what you are saying but i think taylor was a very underrated qb.

I'm only 26 so I was in 4th and 5th grade during the Frazier Era and I only remember a few plays and games. I remember watching Crouch thru out high school so I know a lot of great games that he had and his style of football.

Favorite QB - Eric Crouch because I remember watching him thru out high school and was just always in Aw when he would run the option. I've met Eric several times and he is a down to earth type of guy and got his autograph for free several times as well.

Favorite QB West Coast - Zac Taylor because after the 02' season with Lord and the 04' season with Dailey, Taylor brought Nebraska back and gave us all the warm fuzzy feeling that we've been missing. He had a hell of an arm and broke a lot of passing records and was one reason why we got to the Big 12 title game.

Greatest QB to ever play at Nebraska - Tommie Frazier.

I'm only 26 so I was in 4th and 5th grade during the Frazier Era and I only remember a few plays and games. I remember watching Crouch thru out high school so I know a lot of great games that he had and his style of football.

Favorite QB - Eric Crouch because I remember watching him thru out high school and was just always in Aw when he would run the option. I've met Eric several times and he is a down to earth type of guy and got his autograph for free several times as well.

Favorite QB West Coast - Zac Taylor because after the 02' season with Lord and the 04' season with Dailey, Taylor brought Nebraska back and gave us all the warm fuzzy feeling that we've been missing. He had a hell of an arm and broke a lot of passing records and was one reason why we got to the Big 12 title game.

Greatest QB to ever play at Nebraska - Tommie Frazier.

This pretty much sums it up for me too. Crouch the favorite/runner, Taylor the passer, and Frazier the greatest.

• Fire 1