Nebraska LB Dillard struggles at Thursday's Senior Bowl practice

GSG

I think Allen Iverson summed it up best...Man we're talking about practice. Not a game, not a game. We're talking about practice.

Here's a list of every basketball championship Allen Iverson has ever won:

I pray Nebraska's players never, ever, ever adopt Iverson's attitude toward practice. The day they do, I may have to fall on my sword.

Coach Pelini and Phil had a touchy relationship.

Pelini is the reason Dillard came to Nebraska, and did not go to Oklahoma, he did not like the recruiting tactics of Bo when he left Nebraska. I am sure it was the worst day of Dillards young life when he knew Bo was coming back. But it appears toward the end of his career here he understood what he had to do.

I doubt Phil makes a big splash in Pro football, but I think he will be an adequate back.

Not the talent some thought when he was recruited and possibly not the heart and drive that was needed his full career at Nebraska, but he turned it on this year, and I wish him luck.

he looked completely out of place and uncomfortable on that last series. he even seen that tight end coming from 5 yards away right in front of him and still was 3 steps behind once he caught the ball and got headed upfield. not looking good so far. he's definitely out of his element playing outside linebacker in that 4-3 base D with a 1 or 3 coverage behind him.

I think Allen Iverson summed it up best...Man we're talking about practice. Not a game, not a game. We're talking about practice.

Here's a list of every basketball championship Allen Iverson has ever won:

I pray Nebraska's players never, ever, ever adopt Iverson's attitude toward practice. The day they do, I may have to fall on my sword.

Haha, but the point still stands. Yes, it's a good idea to base things on practice - but sometimes, guys are just gamers who turn it on in games, and other times, guys are practice field heroes who zone out on Sundays. Ganz was the former. When he finally got his chance, he ran with it. I don't know about Dillard though. Not the most promising reports.

The South offense looks horrible so far. Nice to see Asante finally in there on D.

he actually started, played the first two series, sat out 2, and has been back in again.

Thanks. I must have missed him or not seen him. Did Nebraska ever try to recruit Sean Weatherspoon? I think he would have made a great Husker.

I just got done watching a DVR of the Holiday Bowl, with several solid plays by Dillard. He stuck guys hard, he ran step-for-step with receivers downfield, and he was a menace to Arizona all game long.

Maybe he's just having trouble picking up the scheme they've thrown at him for this game. It's hard to imagine he suddenly began sucking in the last month.

Whatever it is, he's completely out of his element out there. He's running with his arms all over like he's guiding in airplanes. I am focusing on him, but he looks tentative and lethargic compared to the other backers that have been out there. Asante has looked okay, but that maryland safety that was in for a few series seemed to have a bigger motor and had his nose stuck in a couple plays. He put a crippling hit on one guy, too bad it was in the end zone and he held on. Asante has been watching completions or being covered up on run blocks. They both just seem not as amped for the game as the other guys. Its disappointing.

• Fire 1