Remember the talk about Bo being a bad recruiter?

Some posters were melting down about schools like Miami embarrassing us with their talent? Where are those people now? Axl? Anyone?

*chirp* *chirp*

We've got a keeper, guys. :)

Bo has made NU relevant again. Top 10 school again. A far cry from Big 12 schools drop 70 points on us. I am in impressed.

This is a highly competitive business/sport. Not that easy to pull W/C kids to Nebraska or Florida kids to NU but we can compete with anyone in the country.

It was the BCers and BRBers that said he couldnt recruit. It appears they have no legs left to stand on.

I hate the "BCers" label. I know a few members here who despise all things BC . . . but still were concerned about Bo's recruiting.

I would hate the BCers label too if it was on me. Having a concern about someone being bad at something before you have any reason to be concerned is just insane.

Look, if you drive home from work and get home safe and sound, do you concern yourself about it? Nope. But if you drive home and get in a car accident then you concern yourself about and think what you could have done differently, right?

Well, Bo gave no one any reason at all to think that him and his staff would not recruit well, so why be "concerned" as you say. 99% of the people "concerned" were BCers, plain and simple. Now, you might be in the 1% but it still seems odd that you would be concerned BEFORE you were shown what Bo and his staff could do.

Assuming everyone qualifies, I agree.

For all the crying about the lack of offensive recruiting, we have a 4* QB, a 4* RB, 2 4* OT's, a 4* TE, 2 under-rated 3* WR's that should excel in Watson's offense and a under-rated 4* OL in Moudy.

Plus the defensive class is stacked pretty well overall, this class filled most the needs we had.

Everyone will qualify and get to campus. We should jump Mizzou's class as two of their 4 star kids will never make it to campus.

Nobody but Bo and Company could make Owa's top three and stay in it until the final day. Nobody. Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll both failed at this.

They did very well for the most part, but Nebraska offered over 30 WRs. I'm guessing the coaches saw it is a position of need. I don't think the results in that area merit praise.

Oh, you never know. Our 2004 WR class had 3* Nunn, 3* Swift and a walk on named Peterson. I see some great things in film from Bell and Enuwa, if they both take a year to learn the system I can see some really great things coming from them.

Bo has never had a reputation as a bad recruiter. In fact, he is a VERY good recruiter.

He does have a habit of being a lazy recruiter at times, which is likely what people were bringing up.

I don't know if its' so much as lazy or just plain stubbornness. I think Bo takes the, "if you want to play for Nebraska then good, if not, then beat it" approach. I think some of these blue chip recruits need to be coddled. I am not saying that Bo's recruiting approach is wrong, but some have to think that is how other coaches lure in the big named recruits. :dunno

I was fairly critical of the staff over the summer when we were bleeding recruits. With the trend of recruiting going early, there was a need to kick it up a notch.

I also said the entire time, in every thread, at every opportunity: There's a long time to turn it all around.

And I fully admit that the staff has done a great job sealing off a great class. It would have been shockingly good with Owa, but based off the early returns for 2011 I think we're in good shape for the future. Winning solves everything, especially recruiting.

They did very well for the most part, but Nebraska offered over 30 WRs. I'm guessing the coaches saw it is a position of need. I don't think the results in that area merit praise.

Oh, you never know. Our 2004 WR class had 3* Nunn, 3* Swift and a walk on named Peterson. I see some great things in film from Bell and Enuwa, if they both take a year to learn the system I can see some really great things coming from them.

Oh quite right. Those guys could be diamonds in the rough. I just dream of scoring a Julio Jones or A.J. Green-type who are goto WRs from the time they set foot on campus. One of those guys may develop into something like that, but I don't think they will crack the lineup for awhile. (Definitely have a chance to contribute on special teams early.)

And as far as gets, Safety was a big need and pulling Cooper has to rate up there.

Oh quite right. Those guys could be diamonds in the rough. I just dream of scoring a Julio Jones or A.J. Green-type who are goto WRs from the time they set foot on campus. One of those guys may develop into something like that, but I don't think they will crack the lineup for awhile. (Definitely have a chance to contribute on special teams early.)

And as far as gets, Safety was a big need and pulling Cooper has to rate up there.

Pulling Cooper was a great surprise. I was almost certain he was going elsewhere. The kid's going to be a BA :horns2