What really annoys me

Well well well...

All I do is bleed Husker red, but there some posters on here who bleed for two teams and I enjoy those posters very much. Killer Cacti is one such poster who came here as a Clemson fan and left as a follower of both.

There are plenty of others as well. Fro Daddy isn't really a Husker fan, but he offers valuable insight and we all respect his opinion. Deep down he is slowly transitioning away from the dark side that is Missouri Football, but that will be soon enough. :koolaid2:

+1 for the shoutout

+1 for the shoutout of a shoutout! :rollin:horns2

• Fire 1

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!! A thread about who is a better fan. A bunch of 18 year olds that you will never meet are very impressed. Oh wait, no. Pat yourself on the back and have fantasies about being the husker version of Rudy in the husker den in your mom's basement!!

I just checked my closet, apparently I only like the Husker's defense and University of Denver Hockey is my favorite sports team. Who knew?

I'll probably catch some grief for this, but here it is:

I've been a Duke basketball fan almost as long as I've been a Husker fan. Don't get me wrong, if it ever came to a NU-Duke game, I'd be there in red. When I was little I was accepted into the "gifted and talented" program in our schools, which was associated with program from Duke. So I think that's where it all started.

Also, I now root for some of the teams that NU has played in the past, especially if they have had good fans come over to our board (killer cacti, some VaTech fans, etc). It's not impossible as long as you're not a fair weather fan about it.

I have to admit to being a Duke fan as well, but only because I know the Plumlee boys.

Having said that, I've always been a KU and Indiana fan (and now Purdue because their coach went to the High School I used to teach at), but I (would) root for NU if/when they play(ed).

And yes, I'm name dropping. I don't have any other claims to fame!

Well well well...

All I do is bleed Husker red, but there some posters on here who bleed for two teams and I enjoy those posters very much. Killer Cacti is one such poster who came here as a Clemson fan and left as a follower of both.

There are plenty of others as well. Fro Daddy isn't really a Husker fan, but he offers valuable insight and we all respect his opinion. Deep down he is slowly transitioning away from the dark side that is Missouri Football, but that will be soon enough. :koolaid2:

+1 for the shoutout

+1 for the shoutout of a shoutout! :rollin:horns2

+1 for the shoutout of a shoutout of a shoutout.

I am a Nebraska football fan. During the off season I find myself longing for September and find it tremendously enraging that they stopped playing "preseason" sepcial games in mid August because it means I have to wait another two weeks. Somtimes, even though I don't care for the sport very much at all, I will watch basketball to pass the time waiting for football. I can tell you that I am a Creighton Men's Basketball fan first and a Nebraska basketball fan second. Each individuals fandom is different. It's unfortunate that some people find things like that which aren't anyone else's business annoying. It certainly won't change anything.

How can you call yourself a husker fan if you are a strong supporter of 2 college teams? I just dont get it a true husker fan only bleeds one color and that is husker red this cyclone/husker , bruin/husker crap is just plain S T U P I D

Have to disagree here. Both sets of grandparents, both parents, all my aunts and uncles, and a majority of my family all were born and raised in Nebraska. I'm a California guy myself, but spent every summer working on grandpa's farm, and many a snowy Christmas in the panhandle. I love and respect the culture and tradition of Nebraska and my family, and it's an integral part of who I am, and how I live my life and raise my family. I chose UNL because of this strong affinity for the state, the school and their shared values. BUT, I was also raise in the shadows of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California and loved the underdog mentality of the Bruins...and the free tickets given out to us at the Boys Club...lol. I grew up listening to arrogant USC fans, and gravitated to the Bruins as another team I supported, even at a young age. It was also easy to do this because of the Pac 10/Big 10 Rose Bowl affiliation as you never had to choose sides in a meaningful game. We had series against the Bruins in the 80s and 90s, and my loyalties were strongly in the Big Red camp. But, I still loved the rest of the 90's watching the Bruins take care of the Trojans year after year. Besides picking up a local favorite, some folks go to grad school at another institution and support their "other" team as well. I have a friend who's a huge Michigan fan and alum, but also went to grad school at Wisconsin. He pulls for the Badgers in every game except when playing the Wolverines.

How can you call yourself a husker fan if you are a strong supporter of 2 college teams? I just dont get it a true husker fan only bleeds one color and that is husker red this cyclone/husker , bruin/husker crap is just plain S T U P I D

Factually - some of us are coordinated enough to root for more than one team. Case in point. In our closet I have an 2 NU sweatshirts and an NU cap, a Boise State Football sweatshirt (which I'm wearing now), a Buffalo State Sweatshirt, a Cornell Football Sweatshirt, a Navy Football Sweatshirt, and an Oregon State Football cap.

Yes I am a NU fan first and foremost but I am able to cheer for another team. As for bleeding one color - I bleed read just as does every other human around the world. Oh - is also have a life that doesn't revolve around NU athletics as that is just something in my life that takes a back seat to my wife and daughter.

Some of us have an allegiance to multiple institutions and thus, enjoying the schools, the states, and the people in both places, we root for both schools. I am an NU grad and so bleed Husker red. I was a professor at the University of Tennessee years back (where one of our children was born) and have great friends and memories there too. When NU plays the Vols I root for NU. But when the Vols play anyone else I play Rocky Top.

Such scenarios are fairly common.

I only root for one college team and that's the Huskers and that goes for every single sport they play. However, as far as the NFL goes I root for the Rams and the Colts, if that makes me less of a fan in someone else's eyes so be it. I could care less because in my eyes I root for each team equally.

I do have a good friend who roots for both Iowa and Iowa State................can't understand rooting for rival teams like that though???