OG Dylan Admire

Nexus

rivals teaser about a relationship with a big uncommitted recruit? guessing it's not really a big deal

The last time Jeremy Crabtree was on Unsportsmanlike Conduct he said that Dylan and Bubba Starling have a pretty good relationship.

Ranked 26th best OG by Rivals.

i thought he wold be ranked slightly higher... atleast a 5.7... but he still rips soo i'm not worried.. just a little disappointed not given more credit to DA

From what I've heard the kid still has some work to do from a technique stand point, so that may be why they graded him lower. He's got good upside though.

Also has a ton of work to do physically. Came into camp alot smaller than expected.

• 2 weeks later...

As Scott Wright was watching game film during a postseason evaluation of the 2009 football season, the Blue Valley West head football coach saw something that made him stop and sit back.

Thats when it hit him.

"'Son of a gun. He is a great football player,' " Wright said he was thinking while watching offensive lineman Dylan Admire dominate his man on what seemed like every single play. "I always knew he was good. Our offensive line coach (Josh Keorkenmeier) always said he was special. But it wasnt until I saw him on film that I realized just how good he is. He is just damn good.

"During games there are so many things going on at one time and I guess I really didnt get the chance to just watch him. He moves his feet so well and he just smothers people. He is just a damn good football player."

When Admire was a sophomore, Wright caught a glimpse of how special the Nebraska commit is. But a broken arm ended the 2008 season for Admire and Wright wasnt sure how well he would bounce back.

Admire, who is following in his fathers footsteps by working part-time as a prep chef at Houlihans restaurant in Olathe, took to the weight room, recovered and has since made a name for himself as one intense football player.

Wright said Admire, who was also considering Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Missouri, often has to be dragged out of the weight room.

"Hes mean," Wright added of Admires play on the field. "Hes a good sportsman. But he plays tough. He relishes the idea of getting a pancake (block) and just dominating the other guy. He brings a nasty toughness to the offensive line. Were looking to transition into more of a running game this year because he helps with our run blocking. He brings a sense of intense toughness that we just havent had here."

His calling card is that nastiness. That, Admire said, is what he thought caught Nebraskas eyes.

"They loved my aggressiveness," Admire said of the Husker coaching staff. "They told me that they cant coach heart or passion and I have both. I just gotta do my job and trust that the guy next to me will do his. I try to be physical on every play."

After visiting Nebraska in early February, Admire decided he would attend the newly acquired Big 10 programs junior day February 27. It was during that weekend trip that the Jaguar committed to play for Bo Pelini.

Once he arrived in Lincoln, Admire got caught up in all of the tradition and lore. But the experience was much more than that for Admire, whose grandparents are Husker alums and reside in Lincoln.

"They have a great coaching staff in place there," Admire said. "Theyre young but they have a great deal of experience. (Head strength coach James) Dobson stuck out for me. He was bouncing out of his seat. The coaching staff at Nebraska has a lot of energy. You just know theyll make you better.

"They have amazing facilities. And the fans are great. Its absolutely nuts there. Theyve sold out 300-plus straight games. I havent found anything that I dont like."

When Admire committed to Nebraska, the Huskers were set to compete against a Big 12 schedule indefinitely. Now, though, hell be banging heads with defensive linemen from the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin and Iowa. Admire has no desire to reconsider his decision.

There is a sense of loyalty that wont allow him to re-open his recruitment following last weeks conference realignment news. Besides, Admires game is probably geared toward the blue-collar league. Hes a tireless worker that loves smashmouth football.

"He approached me once the realization set in, and said, 'Coach I get to play in the Big House and the Horseshoe,' " Wright said in reference to the stadiums that field Michigan and Ohio State games, respectively.

"I committed to Nebraska, not to the conference," Admire added.

Now that he has made his college choice known, Admire is concentrating his spare time on making the 2011 Husker recruiting class the best that it can be. While he cant join the Big Red recruiting staff, Admire can put in a good word to fellow recruits with whom he comes in contact.

Admire is one of four highly ranked offensive linemen that will pave the way for future Husker quarterbacks, joining Ryan Klachko (Sacred Heart Griffin/Springfield, Ill.), Tyler Moore (Countryside/Clearwater, Fla.) and Ryne Reeves (Crete High School/Crete, Neb.) up front in the class of 2011.

The 2009 first team All-Eastern Kansas League lineman is now in pursuit of the correct signal-caller to protect, and he thinks he has the perfect field general in mind. Gardner-Edgerton quarterback Bubba Starling is hot on Nebraskas list for both football and baseball.

The two Kansas City-area prospects have known each other since third grade, having played with and against each other at AAU basketball tournaments. Now the 6-foot-3, 273-pound Admire hopes the duo will join forces to drive opposing defenses nuts for Pelini.

The Jaguars will open the 2010 football season against Starling and the Trailblazers.

"He was talking at camp about being sacked only twice," Admire said of his friend off the field. "I said, 'I'm going to go crazy against you.' He said, 'Bring it.'

"I've tried to persuade him to go to Nebraska. If he doesnt commit after his visit in a few weeks, I suppose Ill give him a shout."

Once Admire arrives in Lincoln and hits the practice field in a little over a year, he said hell be moving to the interior of the line, possibly center. Wherever he ends up, Admire has the work ethic to prepare himself for the rigors of big-time college football.

But before he worries himself with a career on the collegiate gridiron, Admire and his Jaguar teammates have some unfinished business to take care of in the Kansas prep ranks. A 3-6 mark in 2009, including an 0-5 record in the EKL, just wont suffice for a program that won a Kansas Class 5A state title in 2007.

"Were definitely not doing that again," Admire said of last seasons record. "Were going to have a better season and then well build off of that. Well have 24 seniors on the team this season, including 15, 16 guys that started last year."

LINK

As Scott Wright was watching game film during a postseason evaluation of the 2009 football season, the Blue Valley West head football coach saw something that made him stop and sit back.

Thats when it hit him.

"'Son of a gun. He is a great football player,' " Wright said he was thinking while watching offensive lineman Dylan Admire dominate his man on what seemed like every single play. "I always knew he was good. Our offensive line coach (Josh Keorkenmeier) always said he was special. But it wasnt until I saw him on film that I realized just how good he is. He is just damn good.

"During games there are so many things going on at one time and I guess I really didnt get the chance to just watch him. He moves his feet so well and he just smothers people. He is just a damn good football player."

When Admire was a sophomore, Wright caught a glimpse of how special the Nebraska commit is. But a broken arm ended the 2008 season for Admire and Wright wasnt sure how well he would bounce back.

Admire, who is following in his fathers footsteps by working part-time as a prep chef at Houlihans restaurant in Olathe, took to the weight room, recovered and has since made a name for himself as one intense football player.

Wright said Admire, who was also considering Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Missouri, often has to be dragged out of the weight room.

"Hes mean," Wright added of Admires play on the field. "Hes a good sportsman. But he plays tough. He relishes the idea of getting a pancake (block) and just dominating the other guy. He brings a nasty toughness to the offensive line. Were looking to transition into more of a running game this year because he helps with our run blocking. He brings a sense of intense toughness that we just havent had here."

His calling card is that nastiness. That, Admire said, is what he thought caught Nebraskas eyes.

"They loved my aggressiveness," Admire said of the Husker coaching staff. "They told me that they cant coach heart or passion and I have both. I just gotta do my job and trust that the guy next to me will do his. I try to be physical on every play."

After visiting Nebraska in early February, Admire decided he would attend the newly acquired Big 10 programs junior day February 27. It was during that weekend trip that the Jaguar committed to play for Bo Pelini.

Once he arrived in Lincoln, Admire got caught up in all of the tradition and lore. But the experience was much more than that for Admire, whose grandparents are Husker alums and reside in Lincoln.

"They have a great coaching staff in place there," Admire said. "Theyre young but they have a great deal of experience. (Head strength coach James) Dobson stuck out for me. He was bouncing out of his seat. The coaching staff at Nebraska has a lot of energy. You just know theyll make you better.

"They have amazing facilities. And the fans are great. Its absolutely nuts there. Theyve sold out 300-plus straight games. I havent found anything that I dont like."

When Admire committed to Nebraska, the Huskers were set to compete against a Big 12 schedule indefinitely. Now, though, hell be banging heads with defensive linemen from the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin and Iowa. Admire has no desire to reconsider his decision.

There is a sense of loyalty that wont allow him to re-open his recruitment following last weeks conference realignment news. Besides, Admires game is probably geared toward the blue-collar league. Hes a tireless worker that loves smashmouth football.

"He approached me once the realization set in, and said, 'Coach I get to play in the Big House and the Horseshoe,' " Wright said in reference to the stadiums that field Michigan and Ohio State games, respectively.

"I committed to Nebraska, not to the conference," Admire added.

Now that he has made his college choice known, Admire is concentrating his spare time on making the 2011 Husker recruiting class the best that it can be. While he cant join the Big Red recruiting staff, Admire can put in a good word to fellow recruits with whom he comes in contact.

Admire is one of four highly ranked offensive linemen that will pave the way for future Husker quarterbacks, joining Ryan Klachko (Sacred Heart Griffin/Springfield, Ill.), Tyler Moore (Countryside/Clearwater, Fla.) and Ryne Reeves (Crete High School/Crete, Neb.) up front in the class of 2011.

The 2009 first team All-Eastern Kansas League lineman is now in pursuit of the correct signal-caller to protect, and he thinks he has the perfect field general in mind. Gardner-Edgerton quarterback Bubba Starling is hot on Nebraskas list for both football and baseball.

The two Kansas City-area prospects have known each other since third grade, having played with and against each other at AAU basketball tournaments. Now the 6-foot-3, 273-pound Admire hopes the duo will join forces to drive opposing defenses nuts for Pelini.

The Jaguars will open the 2010 football season against Starling and the Trailblazers.

"He was talking at camp about being sacked only twice," Admire said of his friend off the field. "I said, 'I'm going to go crazy against you.' He said, 'Bring it.'

"I've tried to persuade him to go to Nebraska. If he doesnt commit after his visit in a few weeks, I suppose Ill give him a shout."

Once Admire arrives in Lincoln and hits the practice field in a little over a year, he said hell be moving to the interior of the line, possibly center. Wherever he ends up, Admire has the work ethic to prepare himself for the rigors of big-time college football.

But before he worries himself with a career on the collegiate gridiron, Admire and his Jaguar teammates have some unfinished business to take care of in the Kansas prep ranks. A 3-6 mark in 2009, including an 0-5 record in the EKL, just wont suffice for a program that won a Kansas Class 5A state title in 2007.

"Were definitely not doing that again," Admire said of last seasons record. "Were going to have a better season and then well build off of that. Well have 24 seniors on the team this season, including 15, 16 guys that started last year."

LINK

great article... enjoyed the Bubba stuff of course... who knew they were pals since 3rd grade....... let hope DA has some extra magic to help us land Bubba

• 1 month later...

Ranked 26th best OG by Rivals.

i thought he wold be ranked slightly higher... atleast a 5.7... but he still rips soo i'm not worried.. just a little disappointed not given more credit to DA

From what I've heard the kid still has some work to do from a technique stand point, so that may be why they graded him lower. He's got good upside though.

Also has a ton of work to do physically. Came into camp alot smaller than expected.

rumors of a decommit. have to wonder how much was us cooling on him after seeing him at camp. :dunno

Not surprised by this at all. He was significantly undersized the last time up he came up to Lincoln. I hate posting things like we cooled, he's not good, etc. now that he's no longer a commit. That being said, I have no doubt that we backed off him. We took the high road and are letting Dylan say he was "star struck" and wants to be at a place where he can make an "early impact."

Good luck to you Dylan and I have no doubt you'll have a fine career wherever you end up!