OG Dylan Admire

Nexus

Would someone like to explain to me what an "uncommitable offer" is. Seems a little ridiculous to throw around scholi offers just to end up rejecting a kid once he signs on. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, because I have no idea what all went on with Admire, but why give an offer if you don't plan to accepting it?

I'm sure there are cases where an offer is given and then unforeseeable circumstances caused one or the other parties to back out. (Shawn Bodtmann is one example) I just hope this kind of situation is the exception rather than the rule, otherwise it's bordering on dishonesty IMO.

i don't know all the specifics, but my impression is that the "offer" was contingent upon the kid working hard in the weight room and showing well at camp. apparently due to either a lack of effort or lack of ability (to get bigger), admire was not able to be where he needs to be to play for NU. i doubt our loss of interest came as a surprise.

i generally agree though that all scholarship offers should be "commitable", but i have no problem with the coaches attaching reasonable conditions to those offers.

From my understanding of the situation, conditional commitments are uncommon but do happen. I guess most kids that have a condition attached don't announce their commitment until said conditions are met and they know they will be a part of the class. It appears that Admire was confident that he was going to meet the requirements set forth by the staff and prematurely announced his commitment.

I feel for the kid. He thought that he was going to play for his dream school and now that's not going to happen. Part of me wishes that we would just have accepted his verbal. Of course, if this happened often enough that it affected on field performance, this part wouldn't stick around long.

did someone say 'the situation'

[1272547755-mike-the-situation.jpg

:facepalm:

Would someone like to explain to me what an "uncommitable offer" is. Seems a little ridiculous to throw around scholi offers just to end up rejecting a kid once he signs on. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, because I have no idea what all went on with Admire, but why give an offer if you don't plan to accepting it?

I'm sure there are cases where an offer is given and then unforeseeable circumstances caused one or the other parties to back out. (Shawn Bodtmann is one example) I just hope this kind of situation is the exception rather than the rule, otherwise it's bordering on dishonesty IMO.

i don't know all the specifics, but my impression is that the "offer" was contingent upon the kid working hard in the weight room and showing well at camp. apparently due to either a lack of effort or lack of ability (to get bigger), admire was not able to be where he needs to be to play for NU. i doubt our loss of interest came as a surprise.

i generally agree though that all scholarship offers should be "commitable", but i have no problem with the coaches attaching reasonable conditions to those offers.

From my understanding of the situation, conditional commitments are uncommon but do happen. I guess most kids that have a condition attached don't announce their commitment until said conditions are met and they know they will be a part of the class. It appears that Admire was confident that he was going to meet the requirements set forth by the staff and prematurely announced his commitment.

I feel for the kid. He thought that he was going to play for his dream school and now that's not going to happen. Part of me wishes that we would just have accepted his verbal. Of course, if this happened often enough that it affected on field performance, this part wouldn't stick around long.

This happens to lots of guys, just not as high profile as this case. But guess what, if a kid isn't quite good enough for some reason to warrant an offer there's a thing called walking on. If he really wants to play for Nebraska he can earn himself back into a scholarship (not likely as it's mostly a physical thing that is out of his control) or he can come in and a. greyshirt or b. walk on and prove that he belongs. If he takes that route (unlikely) I'd wish him luck.

Otherwise if the coaches feel he's not worth an offer after they spent a good deal of time evaluating him during camp and he'd rather go somewhere with a scholarship then good luck to him as well.

The more I read about Admire's decommitment the more become convinced that this was a mutual parting of ways. I was hesitant at first since I think as fans we always want to believe that our school didn't want the decommitted player anyway, but it really does seem like NU told Admire that we would be pretty far down the depth chart and might not see the field until late in his career - at best. Hint, hint. I think this will probably end up being a good thing by the time we get this class signed.

The more I read about Admire's decommitment the more become convinced that this was a mutual parting of ways. I was hesitant at first since I think as fans we always want to believe that our school didn't want the decommitted player anyway, but it really does seem like NU told Admire that we would be pretty far down the depth chart and might not see the field until late in his career - at best. Hint, hint. I think this will probably end up being a good thing by the time we get this class signed.

Wait have you read this thread? :ahhhhhhhh the amount of confusion over this 'decommit' is ... confusing!

• Fire 1

Wait have you read this thread? :ahhhhhhhh the amount of confusion over this 'decommit' is ... confusing!

Sorry, I should have clarified. The more I read legitimate articles from legitimate writers, the more I become convinced that this was a mutual parting of ways. Reading posts never clarifies anything for me, unless it's written by EZ-E or a few others.

Sorry, I should have clarified. The more I read legitimate articles from legitimate writers, the more I become convinced that this was a mutual parting of ways. Reading posts never clarifies anything for me, unless it's written by EZ-E or a few others.

What you are saying is pretty dead on HuskerBruin. He came to camp weighing 245 pounds. The coaches accepted his verbal with a few stipulations. Admire did not meet them so NU and him respectfully parted ways. I am glad that it ended this way as it is always sad to see a Bodtmen situation like in 2008.

• Fire 2

I wish that I knew more details of why they pulled the offer. Im curious to find out what this fishy news is I cant believe that he only weighed 245 lbs

Didn't pull the offer, it was conditional. He was suppose to "at least" maintain weight and improve. He came in 15-20 pounds lighter and did not have a good showing.

Him decommitting was a good way to save face and jump on another offer. Good for him, good for us (doesn't make us look shady, when in reality there was nothing shady about it......just the national perception thingy)

Committed to Kansas per Rivals.

Best of luck to him.

damn that was fast.... feel sorry for the kid but oh well at least you got a ticket to get on the plane... even though you missed your flight and are now on some crappy substandard airline... welll you get the idea....

airlines_adam_air_cracked_plane_surabaya.jpg

• Fire 1