Grade this Years Recruiting Effort

Grade this years recruiting class/effort  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing like a big pair of B's. This class reminds me of the classes we used to get before SP/BC. Great runner at qb, star running back and no big-time wr's. Just missing a fullback or it would be 1992 all over again. :espnsucks::rollin

I would strongly urge you to look at Quincy Enunwa's highlight video if you haven't already. If you haven't, watch the number of times he's hit and not brought down. The first guy rarely made the tackle, even a couple of LBs who were clearly much larger than him.

This kid's a baller. Could be one of the best WRs we've had since... I don't know when.

B. We need to bring in more playmakers to get to the A level. We need to beat out the big boys for more prospects. Not just a handful every year IMO.

I hear what your saying, but I don't think that realistically can happen until we are ranked consistently in the Top 10, and dominate on the field. To get the best, you have to be the best.

You mean like Tennessee, UCLA & Michigan?

Is anyonelse concerned that about 8 of the 21 recruits are slotted to play on the DL? Kindof heavy IMO.

I believe that we only pulled in 6 DL players. And no, it was a major need. Players that we pulled in at those positions are also versitale enough to play elsewhere.

B. We need to bring in more playmakers to get to the A level. We need to beat out the big boys for more prospects. Not just a handful every year IMO.

I hear what your saying, but I don't think that realistically can happen until we are ranked consistently in the Top 10, and dominate on the field. To get the best, you have to be the best.

You mean like Tennessee, UCLA & Michigan?

No...more like Texas.

I said A and B. A because there isn't another coaching staff in the country that has to work like Bo and Co do. We also filled basically every major need we had.

If we pulled in Owa, I would have said A and A.

Totally agree, that would have been along the lines of getting another Suh IMHO.

Here's our players and the offers they had from teams that ranked in the top 20 in Rivals 2010 team rankings (rank follows the offer):

Kenny Bell - Cal #11

Brion Carnes - Georgia #16, West Virginia #19

Corey Cooper - Florida State #10, Notre Dame #14, Tennessee #9

Lavonte David - Tennessee #9

Quincy Enunwa - not listed, but Sean Callahan stated on Big Red Wrap-Up that UCLA #8 made a huge push for him

Ciante Evans - Texas A&M #15

Jay Guy - Cal #11, Michigan #20, Ole Miss #17, Texas A&M #15, UCLA #8

Jermarcus Hardrick - LSU #6, Ole Miss #17

Braylon Heard - Penn State #12, West Virginia #19

Tobi Okuyemi - Michigan #20

Chase Rome - Florida #2, Oklahoma #7, Michigan #20, Tennessee #9, UCLA #8

That is more than half of our commits. All of our players except Joshua Mitchell, Tyler Evans, Jake Cotton, and Bronson Marsh had offers from at least one team in the top 27 (even though it isn't listed, Andrew Rodriguez had a Miami offer). Not too shabby.

I know Bo knows defense...so I am not worried about him finding the talent there.

I am just hoping that they can find good talent on Offense that everyone else has maybe overlooked...or under-graded. That is what will make this program a real success until we have the Top 5 ranking, and can be there consistently.

I know Bo knows defense...so I am not worried about him finding the talent there.

I am just hoping that they can find good talent on Offense that everyone else has maybe overlooked...or under-graded. That is what will make this program a real success until we have the Top 5 ranking, and can be there consistently.

if enunwa is as underrated as people seem to think, then i'd say we're about one OL short of having had an excellent offensive class this year, despite having limited scholarships available and greater needs on the defensive depth chart. we seem to have done great at QB, RB, TE and the three OL we signed.