Grade this Years Recruiting Effort

Grade this years recruiting class/effort  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wondering how everyone was feeling about this years recruiting class. Personally, Bo is going to know talent when it comes to defense, it is still to be seen what he can do with this offense, since he says he is going to take more of a hands on approach with the offense this coming season. Hopefully some of that attitude that the defense attained will transfer to the offense, especially the line. I also felt like they could have maybe put a little more emphasis on the offensive line, especially with how we played this year there. I still gave them an "A" for effort.

To be totally honest, I am not THAT impressed with this recruiting class. Nobody really just screams out to me like they will be a guaranteed thing at the college level. I have learned not to drink the Kool Aid. I gave the quality of the recruiting class a "C", I wish we would have gotten at least one play maker, or beefed up the O-line a little more with some highly tauted talent (an offensive Suh).

Would love to hear others thoughts, are you happy with what they got, disappointed, or did we do about what we should have done with what we did this past season?

B. We need to bring in more playmakers to get to the A level. We need to beat out the big boys for more prospects. Not just a handful every year IMO.

I hear what your saying, but I don't think that realistically can happen until we are ranked consistently in the Top 10, and dominate on the field. To get the best, you have to be the best.

Trucker, I'm nearly opposite of you.

I feel like we ended up with some good gets and the quality of this class is good. We scored majorly with Cooper and Carnes on Signing Day (when's the last time there was so much SD drama? Wow!!), got a couple of great DL headlining the class, some underrated gems like Moudy and Enunwa and Bell...and a trio of talented JUCO players that should give this team a shot in the arm.

On the other hand, we missed out on some other targets because the staff/coordinator was lazy and the effort during some of the summer months was supposedly not there. They were not on top of things then, but hopefully they learned their lesson because there was an impressive dash to the finish line, aided no doubt by our impressive play during the season.

Looking forward to a better, more consistent effort in 2011.

• Fire 1

Trucker, I'm nearly opposite of you.

I feel like we ended up with some good gets and the quality of this class is good. We scored majorly with Cooper and Carnes on Signing Day (when's the last time there was so much SD drama? Wow!!), got a couple of great DL headlining the class, some underrated gems like Moudy and Enunwa and Bell...and a trio of talented JUCO players that should give this team a shot in the arm.

On the other hand, we missed out on some other targets because the staff/coordinator was lazy and the effort during some of the summer months was supposedly not there. They were not on top of things then, but hopefully they learned their lesson because there was an impressive dash to the finish line, aided no doubt by our impressive play during the season.

Looking forward to a better, more consistent effort in 2011.

The best get that we got was probably Cooper, but I hope that Carnes comes in and does what HE thinks he can do - contend for a Heisman Trophy one day. Defense is easy for Bo to recruit, no doubts there, and he knows how to teach them, there is plenty of proof of that in Bo's career obviously. Honestly, I may have graded them a little low, Carnes definitely took the class up a little bit in stature, even though he is going to have a long row to hoe to become starter. It would have been nice to get at least one player that had all the stars (I can't believe I just said that since I don't believe in the star system)...and I am hoping that the coaches saw some talent that nobody else did see, and this class comes out in 4 years looking like a great class looking back. Honestly, I probably should have gave the class the grade of B...but I have sipped the Kool Aid before, and I try to keep my expectations low starting out. Otherwise when they all wash out, I feel like a Homer... :(

I don't know that it was being lazy for sure, I would rather believe that they just don't understand how the game is played when it comes to recruiting, maybe they didn't "babysit" the big names enough, not sure. I am hoping that the coaches learned something from this season, and will do better next year. I don't believe it was a lack of effort - and if it was, who ever was responsible for that lack of effort should be called on the carpet and have his butt reamed - even if that person is Bo (but somehow I don't think it was).

Okay i went with B and B so i guess i was atleast in the same frame of mind as other recruiting junkies like myself.....

i am happy with the class.... i wish we could have kept some of the kids we lost (SOME so dont even go there!!) but then again thats what its all about

i was one of the guys that was really harping on the staff but kinda backed off on the frenzy that occured when the rumors (or fact hit) that the coaches bailed on vacation over christmas only to find that a lot of the guy on the board committed... couple that with not following through on some prized recruits and losing contact with some committs still draws some flags....

BUT i think this staff CAN recruit if they go on all cylinders..... I think SOME of the COACHES go ALL OUT and bust nuts trying to get guys to come while others just kinda cruise by.....

drop SAnders as RC and get another guy to do it or even better if possible hire a guy to act soley as RC for Nebraksa....

there are still a lot of top guys out there that should be wanting to come here and that we could get... i think we should be in contention for a lot of other 5 star kids in the future and i hope we work identify the guys not pulling the weight and get on them

over all i am happy with CC, BH, QE, MM, LD, Yoshi and a couple of others...

I went A on effort. I thought these guys went balls out. To even get a kid like Owa to take a serious look at NU from Pac 10 country says something. They even stole a few recruits, like Cooper (Illinois) and Heard (WV) and had a chance to get an OL from TT. At the end, they weren't scrambling, and in fact, they allowed themselves to be selective. I think they even turned away a few good kids. This staff out-recruited USC, ND, WV, and many other top universities for a few of these kids. Face it, NU, as much as we LOVE IT, is not the NU of old.....YET... the weather sucks crap and it is in the middle of nowhere in comparison to some of the "hot beds" of college football. Until we start winning championships, these guys have to sell the program and direction. They made HUGE strides this year, especially considering that many felt that with Bo's personality that recruiting may be a weakness.

I went B for the class for basically the same reason's most others did. Would have loved a huge playmaker at WR and RB, but I do think Heard will be our "Brandon Jackson" in a few years. Not a super star, but extremely solid. I like Carnes, if for nothing else, it shows the direction the offense is moving. Yoshi and David will play immediately.

i think Bo and company learned some things when it comes to recruiting. they started off slow, probably made some ill advised selections or even deals, then closed out much better than i thought possible. as it turns out, for his 2nd class, he did pretty well, winning and coaching up the defense will make future recruiting better.....one step at a time, so far, so good.

i think Bo and company learned some things when it comes to recruiting. they started off slow, probably made some ill advised selections or even deals, then closed out much better than i thought possible. as it turns out, for his 2nd class, he did pretty well, winning and coaching up the defense will make future recruiting better.....one step at a time, so far, so good.

i feel as though some people are forgetting this fact.