Rivals #2 Player NOT signed

Top U.S.C. Recruit Is Not Signed Yet

By THAYER EVANS

Seantrel Henderson, the highly recruited offensive lineman who announced Wednesday that he was going to Southern California, has not signed a letter of intent to play for the Trojans.

According to Henderson’s father, Sean, he will wait until U.S.C. appears before an N.C.A.A. infractions committee from Feb. 19-21 to hear about possible sanctions for the program before deciding whether to sign the letter. Though the Trojans are not likely to hear about any possible sanctions at that time, Sean Henderson said the hearing would give the family a sense of where the process was headed.

Henderson has until April 1 to sign a letter of intent. After that, Seantrel Henderson could find himself in a situation similar to Terrelle Pryor in 2008. Sean Henderson declined further comment.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/top-usc-recruit-is-not-signed-yet/

if he was worried why not commit somewhere else?

I'm sure before it's all over with, he'll have about ($)500,000 reasons why. :) I think Reggie had about 350,000 reasons when he went there, so I'm guessing 500k would be about right.

I actually see him not signing for the oppisite reason. He wants to make sure everything that has to do with the investigation is over with before he signs. My thoughs are he is trying really hard not to get involved with that mess.

I'm sure before it's all over with, he'll have about ($)500,000 reasons why. :) I think Reggie had about 350,000 reasons when he went there, so I'm guessing 500k would be about right.

I actually see him not signing for the oppisite reason. He wants to make sure everything that has to do with the investigation is over with before he signs. My thoughs are he is trying really hard not to get involved with that mess.

Then go to Ohio State.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: being recruited by Ronald Powell to go to UF

Ronald Powell, a Southern California product, is the crown jewel of Florida’s 2010 recruiting class. Having established a friendship with Seantrel Henderson, Powell continues to pitch the idea of the Minnesota standout joining him as a teammate in the swamp. Henderson took an official visit to Florida last year, and the Gators aren’t very high on his list, but the 5-star defensive lineman hasn’t given up on the 5-star offensive lineman, hoping the newfound camaraderie can score Florida a perfect ‘10.

http://trojanempire.wordpress.com/2010/03/04/gator-makes-pitch-for-seantrel-henderson/

Eh, the whole thing smells funny to me. If he is really worried about not getting involved in the "mess," he would have ran from that slickster factory a long time ago. Whether they get punished or not is of no consequence IMO-the place is evil. You either want to be a part of something like that and/or think its cool-especially if no ones gets punished- or youre of a higher moral standing and take your talents, ambitions, and future elsewhere.

I highly doubt he goes anywhere but Florida or USC. He seems to be a me 1st type of player. He wouldnt fit in at nebraska with that attitude.

ME FIRST PLAYER?

Certain people get the luxury of doing things this way. The guy that make 90K in sale get more perks than the guy that didn't cover his salary. That's the way things are. If the kid wasn't talented he would not have this opportunity. As an OL you really don't get many opportunities for people to know your name until late in your career or if you get your QB hurt.

We made an attempt to land Owamagbe Odighizuwa and from March 2009 to right before he said UCLA many praised him for being respectful and a good person. After the announcement to some on the board he turned in to a me first glory hog that wouldn't fit our program.

My point is he was good enough to warrant that attention. We signed Tyler Evans from Waverly he was a top NU recruit but not good enough to warrant the dog and pony show. OWA was and so is Seantrel.

I highly doubt he goes anywhere but Florida or USC. He seems to be a me 1st type of player. He wouldnt fit in at nebraska with that attitude.

ME FIRST PLAYER?

Certain people get the luxury of doing things this way. The guy that make 90K in sale get more perks than the guy that didn't cover his salary. That's the way things are. If the kid wasn't talented he would not have this opportunity. As an OL you really don't get many opportunities for people to know your name until late in your career or if you get your QB hurt.

We made an attempt to land Owamagbe Odighizuwa and from March 2009 to right before he said UCLA many praised him for being respectful and a good person. After the announcement to some on the board he turned in to a me first glory hog that wouldn't fit our program.

My point is he was good enough to warrant that attention. We signed Tyler Evans from Waverly he was a top NU recruit but not good enough to warrant the dog and pony show. OWA was and so is Seantrel.

Come on....this is a holdout! Looking for more $$$$!!!!