Ross A Leader

I'd love to see Ross get over 1500 yards but do you think he will be able to get the carries? With Lucky and Leon pushing him Callahan may want to keep a fresh pair of legs in the game at all times. I expect Cory's overall yardage on the ground to go down but his ypc to go up. At least it should behind our improved offensive line.

He is the type of guy that our younger running backs should look up to. He works hard and plays hard all the time. Great example for our incoming freshman.

The younger guys are looking up to him. Just this last Sunday Cory Ross, Greg Austin, Marlon Lucky, and Leon Jackson came in to Sun Valley Lanes for a few games of bowling. I think they were with Randy Jordan and his family if I'm not mistaken. The only reason I know this is because I work there on Sundays. Looked to me like Pork Chop had the rest of them beat which is no suprise b/c he's a pretty frequent bowler of "The Valley".

You can't measure heart, but you can measure the fact that 5-6 people can have more injury problems than real backs would.

I don't get the whole "real back" line. Was the 1,000 yards he got last year out of defenses' pity for him being so short? Doubt it. Ross is one tough SOB. That's the kinda player you want on your team. However, I think Ross will be most effective at about 20 touches a game this year, which is about what he will probably get with B Jax, Lucky and possibly Leon Jackson or Tierre working into the fold.

Cory is a Husker through and through. I tis not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. We have a true warrior in Cory. If he had the surrounding cast that some before him had he would be mentioned with the very best of Husker backs. I truly admire him and his undying efforts last year for this team and program. He is what evey parent wants their child to grow up like. Loyal, dedicated and will always be Husker to the bone. I love the kid and he is my favorite running back of all time for Nebraska. He may not have the talent of Ahman or the ability of some of the others but he has played when times were rough and the competition was much better than what we put on the field. An All American Pipeline and a top QB for three years this kid could have been very special in all eyes. For now I am just glad I got to meet him last year and will always follow his career. Cory you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ross on Lucky

LUCKY ON THE RISE: More than one player Saturday noted freshman running back Marlon Lucky's explosiveness in drills. Ross was among them. "Marlon did a great job today," Ross said. "He's a very physical runner. He's a bruiser and a slasher, man ... The (running back) committee is getting stronger, and it's great for our team."

Every word that comes out of this guys mouth makes me love him more and more. He is more dedicated to Nebraska football than alot of the local guys are, and is willing to do anything to win, even if that means riding pine, or giving up some of his carries. Just like with T.O., this kind of attitude always pays off in the end. I feel sorry for any team that passes this guy up in the draft next year. Cory is the kind of guy that makes any team he joins instantly better, whether he is getting all the carries, or just making others around him better. I have no fears for Lucky, Jackson, and Glenn with Cory around to lead the way and show them what it takes to be a winner.

• 2 weeks later...