What was the worst bill callahan play call

Crazy Joey

You should probably just stop posting. Callahan hasn't been our coach for over 2 years now, so can we please just give it a rest? It's not clever, it doesn't make for a good thread, and it's meaningless right now.

And even if it wasn't, you obviously don't know enough about football to formulate intelligent opinions. Shanle fumbled an easy first down. I was unaware that was the coaches fault.

• Fire 8

We should just create a forum on this board specifically related to all SP and BC talk.

Oh wait, the BS forum...

Callahan didn't have bad play calls. I'm a firm believer in there being no such thing as a bad call, just poor execution on the part of his players. The throw to T. Nunn wasn't a bad call, he just fumbled it.

• Fire 1

We should just create a forum on this board specifically related to all SP and BC talk.

Oh wait, the BS forum...

Callahan didn't have bad play calls. I'm a firm believer in there being no such thing as a bad call, just poor execution on the part of his players. The throw to T. Nunn wasn't a bad call, he just fumbled it.

What if Watson called a Fullback Dive on 4th and Goal against VT when we had 35 yards to go?

Wow, Wow Wow, did someone really say they dont beleive in bad play calls?

In middle school, maybe but in college well its the play callers job to try and be one step ahead of the defense, so yes, there are bad play calls, lots of them.

This is a good thread, its funny, its fun and its great to poke fun at BC.

• Fire 1

I guess i dont see the big deal, it is THEE most boring time of year when it comes to college football. I would say on 4th and what was it?, 17? against Auburn in the Cotton Bowl and deciding to go for it instead of giving your very accurate former top kicker recruit a shot at a 47 yard field goal to tie. I think that was worse than the fake punt call, which had they held on to the ball, woulda been a TD.

• Fire 1

If you don't like the topic, don't open it. This may not be the best thread ever, but it is not the worst. The guy coached here and is part of Nebraska football history whether you like him or not. To suggest someone quit posting altogether is a bit much and should be against board rules if it isn't already.

Anyway, the fake punt against Auburn wasn't even BC's worst fake punt call. The one against USC that actually worked was. If he had no plans to try and even win the game, what's the point of trickery? :moreinteresting

• Fire 1

You should probably just stop posting. Callahan hasn't been our coach for over 2 years now, so can we please just give it a rest? It's not clever, it doesn't make for a good thread, and it's meaningless right now.

And even if it wasn't, you obviously don't know enough about football to formulate intelligent opinions. Shanle fumbled an easy first down. I was unaware that was the coaches fault.

The funny thing is I probally know alot more about football than you do and yes I know that bill hasnt been the coach for a few years. I just wanted to make a funny thread and I am probally bigger husker fan than you are plus I think its funny to make fun of bill

• Fire 2

I guess i dont see the big deal, it is THEE most boring time of year when it comes to college football. I would say on 4th and what was it?, 17? against Auburn in the Cotton Bowl and deciding to go for it instead of giving your very accurate former top kicker recruit a shot at a 47 yard field goal to tie. I think that was worse than the fake punt call, which had they held on to the ball, woulda been a TD.

I agree

• Fire 1

I was pissed when he went for a fake put against auburn when we were on our own 20-30 ish yard line I was like wtf!

My worst call/game time decision was 10/21/2006. NU vs Texas Lost 22 to 20.

We take a 1 point lead with a few minutes to go. McCoy drives down and gets into field range. We had one or two timeouts and BC lets the clock run down about 40 to 50 extra seconds and Texas kicks a FG and leaves us 20 seconds. If BC calls a timeout then we have time to get the ball and try to drive down for a winning FG.

I was hoping he would be fired after mis-managing the clock so poorly but no one ever made a stink about it.

I guess it took several teams to drop 60 to 70 on us that they finally fired BC but I was blown away that he was that bad in clock management.

When the no 5 team in on your 20 yard line and stalling to kick the game winning field goal, maybe take a timeout or two to save some clock to go get the game winner at the end of the game.

Anyone else remember that stupid call/game time decision?????

I was pissed when he went for a fake put against auburn when we were on our own 20-30 ish yard line I was like wtf!

My worst call/game time decision was 10/21/2006. NU vs Texas Lost 22 to 20.

We take a 1 point lead with a few minutes to go. McCoy drives down and gets into field range. We had one or two timeouts and BC lets the clock run down about 40 to 50 extra seconds and Texas kicks a FG and leaves us 20 seconds. If BC calls a timeout then we have time to get the ball and try to drive down for a winning FG.

I was hoping he would be fired after mis-managing the clock so poorly but no one ever made a stink about it.

I guess it took several teams to drop 60 to 70 on us that they finally fired BC but I was blown away that he was that bad in clock management.

When the no 5 team in on your 20 yard line and stalling to kick the game winning field goal, maybe take a timeout or two to save some clock to go get the game winner at the end of the game.

Anyone else remember that stupid call/game time decision?????

Thats was pretty bad I was so upset after T nun fumbled the ball =/ I punched a hole in the door in my room. We always ge bsed against texas =( We play them close everytime but they always have the luck on there side.

• Fire 1

Oh wait, the BS forum...

What if Watson called a Fullback Dive on 4th and Goal against VT when we had 35 yards to go?

If it scored a touchdown, then it was well executed. All football plays are designed to score touchdowns if executed correctly.

The funny thing is I probally know alot more about football than you do and yes I know that bill hasnt been the coach for a few years. I just wanted to make a funny thread and I am probally bigger husker fan than you are plus I think its funny to make fun of bill

There's no need to get into a "I'm holier than thou" argument. GB is just giving his opinion.

I'll just share some insight/advice: most people on here are tired of the Bill C. and Steve P. discussions. Every thread discussing every aspect of those two has been created at least three times on this board. It's tiring, redundant, and generally results in eerily "deja vu" type discussions, since we've all had these talks multiple times on the board.

You are a new poster, as I can tell by your post count. We're all Husker fans here, none better than the next. We're here to give opinions and talk some football. You just have to be careful with the discussions you start. Multiple new threads talking about redundant topics are generally frowned upon. That kind of posting is generally reserved for less structured forums like Tigerboard and netbuffs.

• Fire 2