Too Much, Too Soon???

walksalone

For the first time in a long time I am confident that our defense will be good overall. During this last season the thing I noticed from our defense was character. Not one time did any defensive player publicly criticize the offense. They stuck with each other. I remember Suh being the first to pick up his offensive teammates when they made a mistake. That type of leadership is hard to come by. Suh has set the example of what a leader should be both on and off the field. The point to all of this is the defense was a reflection of the coaches leadership. They had the attitude that whatever the offense scored is good enough and it their job to ensure the other teams offense scores less. Coach Pelini does listen to the media he played the us against the world card to a T last year. Remember the message on the eye black in the Big 12 championship or the United we Tunnel Walk before the ISU game. This year as a media darling he will break them down to build them up. Not one player will feel that they have arrived or are worthy of any extra attention.

After all the Kool Aid above let me get back to me for my name sake:

I don't know what the heck the offense will look like next year.

:o

Who are you and what have you done to NoKoolAid?!?!???!?

:)

I'm probably only a notch or two above you on the pessimism scale, but even I think there's room to be hopeful this year. Some, anyway.

I just hope the O Line depth is better and we move the ball. That's it. If we can do that, we'll be OK.

What the media says means squat, what we say means squat.

Bo will have the team ready to play. Are we a top 10 team, I honestly doubt it, but that is why we play the games.

I think we will be in every game this year, and that is all I ask for. Play the best they can, win or lose.

But I do not want to see us get too high, until we have seen a few games played. We looked like world beaters early in the season last year, we did have the Iowa State game and lost to Tech at home.

I am just happy that there is a real reason to have positive thoughts, it has been a long time.

I do not say we will win every game, but I think we will play every game to the best of our ability, play like a Nebraska team of old, and nothing could be better than that.

First off I would like to say that I really don't think we are going to end up the #5 team in the nation as some polls are indicating, we are good but I don't think we are going to be that good.

agree. but the pub is good.

At best I'm thinking 8, but 9 or 10 is most likely imho.

Regardless, if you want to win a MNC you have to be able to see past the hype and focus on what you want to do as a football team and how you are going to accomplish your goals. The best teams are the ones that can do that week in and week out.

I was being sarcastic with my reply to this post. I know Bo gives two you know whats about ratings. His team will be ready to play. But i high ranking will help with putting Nebraska back into the conversation. Now our play next year will be the thing that can put Nebraska football back into the elite category.

Thanks kansas Husker for fixing that.

does anyone think our offense will be worse? if they just show minimal improvement and our defense maintains, we'll be a top 10-15 throughout the year, at worst and in a bcs game. enjoy the hype and attention, better us than some other team. we're just as deserving, because of our defense alone.

Unless they don't take the field, not much room to move down (bowl game excluded)...Bo will build them up and tear them down all spring, we'll be just fine.

I got a negative rep point for saying tigerboard is full of delusional posters???

:thumbs

ummm . . . Fro daddy?

As I see it by far the biggest variable for us next year is the offense. A jump from 99th ranked offense to say "50th" would be a HUGE improvement and take a lot the load off the blackshirts. Say this would have us a top 10 or 15 team.

An even bigger jump (slam down that kool-aid!) to say a 25th ranked offense has us in the NC hunt.

I wish I knew for sure what kind of offense we're heading toward. We'll just have to wait and see...