Is anyone else tired of the.....

.......conference expansion talk?? Nebraska is not going anywhere, Texas is not going anywhere, Missouri (who cares :) ) is not going anywhere. The only possibility is CU but that will most likely happen down the line (next 3 years).

SI.com has an article up today regarding a super-conference if the SEC expands (Link). The article puts Nebraska in the "Big 16" with everyone from the Big Ten, along with Missouri, K-State, and Kansas. Sorry Cy but it doesn't look like Iowa State will be in a power conference :) .

The SEC has never said anything about expanding and yet writers continue to write complete BS. Sorry for the rant, this stuff is just getting old really fast....probably shouldn't even be in this section - Mods move if you like.

:rant

Yeah, it happens every off season. But this year the conference realignment talk seems particularly bad.

I think it is funny that every other discussion brings up CU. Right now Colorado is the turd in the Big 12 punchbowl. Everybody talks about CU. But nobody actually wants to dip them out or have anything to do with them. Because their program is a floating piece of crap right now.

• Fire 2

.......conference expansion talk?? Nebraska is not going anywhere, Texas is not going anywhere, Missouri (who cares :) ) is not going anywhere. The only possibility is CU but that will most likely happen down the line (next 3 years).

SI.com has an article up today regarding a super-conference if the SEC expands (Link). The article puts Nebraska in the "Big 16" with everyone from the Big Ten, along with Missouri, K-State, and Kansas. Sorry Cy but it doesn't look like Iowa State will be in a power conference :) .

The SEC has never said anything about expanding and yet writers continue to write complete BS. Sorry for the rant, this stuff is just getting old really fast....probably shouldn't even be in this section - Mods move if you like.

If you read the article carefully, the writer is actually making the case for the top 64 teams (by profit margin) to leave the NCAA and form a new entity. He then splits those 64 teams into 4 conferences while trying to maintain as many current conference ties as possible.

If you read the article carefully, the writer is actually making the case for the top 64 teams (by profit margin) to leave the NCAA and form a new entity. He then splits those 64 teams into 4 conferences while trying to maintain as many current conference ties as possible.

Yeah, I got that. He's just writing this fill space though....cause forming a new entity entirely makes complete sense. What about the other sports? What happens to the schools not in the top 64 money earners?

I guess I'd rather here talk on something real.

All the expansion talk is getting pretty crazy, but there isn't much else for the college football "writers" to do right now until the majority of teams start spring ball. I can seriously see CU going to the PAC-10 though.

I'm too lazy to do it, but I'd be interested to see a map showing the CASH conference breakdown.

Also, it's kind of crazy how there's a $100 million difference between Texas' revenue and school #64 in that list.

the only thing i am tired of is hearing how all these other conferences have a lot of foresight, and dan beebe is complacent and willing to allow the big XII become a second rate conference. i know the big XII is a relatively small money market, but he had to fully capitalize what he does have. that is the only thing that scares me. NU is such a small market that the only way it will be relevant is if it is in a major conference.

• Fire 2

the only thing i am tired of is hearing how all these other conferences have a lot of foresight, and dan beebe is complacent and willing to allow the big XII become a second rate conference. i know the big XII is a relatively small money market, but he had to fully capitalize what he does have. that is the only thing that scares me. NU is such a small market that the only way it will be relevant is if it is in a major conference.

totally agree. for instance, when beebe sat around and watched the big ten and pac 10 get new tv deals while ours is running out. now what do we do? not a big enough market for a "big 12 network" and now abc has a deal with the pac 10 (correct me if i'm wrong).

There are some reasonable facts backing up what these writers are talking about. However, the thing you have to remember is that it's the off-season and these reporters are trying to stir conversation and set themselves apart from other reporters. They're all trying to drive their articles. Even though their isn't a lot of probability to some of these articles, that's not going to stop them from talking about it.

I can't believe the Big 10 (11) would want either Texas or Nebraska. Why would the two big guys, Ohio State and Michigan (I know Michigan is having its problems), want two more tough games on their schedule. I don't believe Penn State, Iowa, Michigan State, and Wisconsin would want two more teams between them and their occasional trip to the Rose Bowl. The rest of the Big 10 teams would only see it as putting them even further in the basement. Rutgers makes more sense or maybe even Pitt.

As for the Pac 10 It would make more sense for them to go after Boisey St, Utah or BYU.

I basically see all this talk as something for the writers to do inbetween the Super Bowl and the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

T_O_B

:moreinteresting

I can't believe the Big 10 (11) would want either Texas or Nebraska. Why would the two big guys, Ohio State and Michigan (I know Michigan is having its problems), want two more tough games on their schedule. I don't believe Penn State, Iowa, Michigan State, and Wisconsin would want two more teams between them and their occasional trip to the Rose Bowl. The rest of the Big 10 teams would only see it as putting them even further in the basement. Rutgers makes more sense or maybe even Pitt.

As for the Pac 10 It would make more sense for them to go after Boisey St, Utah or BYU.

I basically see all this talk as something for the writers to do inbetween the Super Bowl and the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

T_O_B

:moreinteresting

the big ten is only concerned with one thing, market share. Texas is a HUGE market, Missouri is also a larger market. the big ten wants a larger market share, if not the largest. also, academic snobs like mizzou and the big ten (rightfully or not) look down there noses at UNL, mizzou has the perception (rightfully or not)of being a good academic program.

I just don't see the governor of Texas allowing UT leaving without their little brothers. after all, UT would not be allowed to enter the Big XII without baylor, aTm, and tech.

I would say that there is a fair chance Mizzou goes somewhere

Mizzou is the most likely Big 12 candidate that would go to the Big 10. But we also can't forget about Colorado and the aspirations that they may be going to the Pac-10. There seems to be a lot of talk about that Colorado situation...

In my honest opinion, I think UCONN should go to the big 10. They have an up and coming men's football program, extremely good men's and women's basketball programs, better academic rankings than Nebraska and Missouri, and they are also right up the street from Bristol (ESPN headquarters). I think that makes them a pretty solid choice.

Mizzou is the most likely Big 12 candidate that would go to the Big 10. But we also can't forget about Colorado and the aspirations that they may be going to the Pac-10. There seems to be a lot of talk about that Colorado situation...

In my honest opinion, I think UCONN should go to the big 10. They have an up and coming men's football program, extremely good men's and women's basketball programs, better academic rankings than Nebraska and Missouri, and they are also right up the street from Bristol (ESPN headquarters). I think that makes them a pretty solid choice.

Just what we need, ESPN to have even more influence over CFB! :sarcasm

I agree. The Big Ten's television's deal is a lot bigger then the Big XII's. I don't have the numbers in front of me but it's bigger. Also the Big Ten would LOVE to get into the KC/St. Louis markets. Missou to the Big Ten is the ONLY chance of the Big XII changing.