Nebraska's Most Important Rivalries

Manhattan

Which of the following rivalries are most important?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets see...

ISU:

Swept you in football

Swept you in basketball

Swept you in westling

You better hope we don't come up with nine guys and a baseball this year... <_<

The stars certainly aligned for you this year. Just hope you're ready for these seeds you're sowing to mature. That may be a rather bitter harvest next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Quit sugar coating it guys...the Hawkeyes would be #1 on that list, no doubt. The years of pent up "ah, we dont really care about them...it doesnt matter, we hardly play them..." from both sides,the constant put downs, the fact that we're neighbors and a lot of people are back and forth across the border each day...C'MON, MAN!

Iowa would become the biggest rival no matter what simply because the first time they'd play in Lincoln every Omaha husker fan would be pissed off from having a car with Iowa plates speed up and pass them only to slow down the rest of the way to Lincoln.

:zoom:rollin:LOLtartar

I've been convinced for years that Iowa drivers are by far the worst in the Midwest. They're moody, unpredictable, and generally have no regard for human life outside their vehicles. :ahhhhhhhh

In spite of all that, I did not vote Iowa as our most important (possible Big Ten) rival. They would be a rival no doubt, but the season wouldn't hinge on that game by any means. Instead, I think Notre Dame would be the make-or-break game every season. We already have history with them & I think what's happened in past games would only fuel the fire between NU & ND to the point that the winner would be on the fast-track to not only the conference title, but the national title.

Trust me, Missouri drivers are far worse. Lived in Omaha for 17 years then moved down here in St. Louis, and I just could not believe how horrible they are

#1 Oklahoma.

#2 Missouri.

#3 Michigan.

It was kind of hard to pick a Big 10 rival. I guess to me, when i hear College football rivalry. I think of the two schools game history. I feel that if we had a rivalry with Iowa, it would only be territorial, not tradition. Looking at the rest of the Big 10, we have a lot of history with Notre Dame and Michigan. Michigan already has hot heads against us for sharing the National Championship. So that is why i picked Michigan.

IMHO

You nailed it!!!!

#1 Oklahoma.

#2 Missouri.

#3 Michigan.

It was kind of hard to pick a Big 10 rival. I guess to me, when i hear College football rivalry. I think of the two schools game history. I feel that if we had a rivalry with Iowa, it would only be territorial, not tradition. Looking at the rest of the Big 10, we have a lot of history with Notre Dame and Michigan. Michigan already has hot heads against us for sharing the National Championship. So that is why i picked Michigan.

IMHO

You nailed it!!!!

Michigan already has a rival in Ohio State though...one of the most historic rivalries in college sports. Iowa loves to flame Nebraska any chance they get and they have allegedly "passed Nebraska as a program for the decade". Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand a lot of Iowa fans and I think that this would be a pretty nasty rivalry.

If Nebraska joined the Big Ten, which school would be its biggest conference rival (assume MU is not in conference)?

Iowa (73 votes [68.87%])

Minnesota (1 votes [0.94%])

Wisconsin (2 votes [1.89%])

Illinois (0 votes [0.00%])

Notre Dame (5 votes [4.72%])

Ohio State (7 votes [6.60%])

Penn State (8 votes [7.55%])

Michigan (9 votes [8.49%])

Michigan State (0 votes [0.00%])

Northwestern (1 votes [0.94%])

Purdue (0 votes [0.00%])

:blink:

Maybe we should assume Notre Dame is not in conference, since they won't be.

1. OU

2. MU

3. Iowa

Simply b/c if NU is in the Big 10, Iowa is the most logical choice and playing them year in and out would be a lot of fun and bring one hell of a border war.

side note- Last 10 years Iowa has been the more productive team and if the stretch continues with the resurgence of the Huskers it would be a great rivalry.