McCoy comments on Suh

I have developed a severe dislike for McCoy, and his attitude seems completely fake to me. In all of his interviews during the combine, he came off cocky, too playful, not serious. Had that air of false superiority, if that makes sense. Or a false bravado. I think out of the two, McCoy is going to be the one that has a nasty, veteran led wake-up call at training camp.

:rollin Not tough enough? 2010 stats aside, this talk is coming from the guy who jumped a half foot shorter than Suh, (explosiveness) and only benched 250lbs 23 times! (power) Oh my, you must be a total beast! :sarcasm

I guess it IS good to see someone is buying into all of Mike Mayock's McCoy hype.........................too bad it's mostly Gerald himself!

:facepalm:

What a load of sensationalistic crap by Mr. Schrader there, not to mention blatantly taking quotes out of context. This whole article is absolute nonsense. He obviously didn't have anything of importance to write about, so he twisted a silly, laid back interview.

DP: Could you ever root for someone from Nebraska (to be the #1 pick)?

GM: Yeah, I mean, why not? Me and Ndamukong have a pretty good relationship... pretty good friends. He's rooting for me and I'm rooting for him, there's no hard feelings towards each other. So if he's the number one pick, we'll rock with him.

The quote: "He's not tough enough" WAS NOT ABOUT SUH. Same thing about being too nice. It was about what the critics think about McCoy. Schrader knew this and wrote the article to make it look like he was talking about Suh. This whole article is absolutely ridiculous. Listen to the actual interview (McCoy comes on a little past the halfway point) if you don't believe me.

DP: Do you think your (laid back) personality can work against you with certain teams that say, 'you know what, maybe he's not a killer.'

GM: Yeah, some people think that. They think oh, he's too nice. He's not tough enough. But anybody who watched me at those drills in the combine... you look at my face you can see I turn into a different person.

McCoy had nothing but nice things to say about Suh (and Bradford). He never once stated or insinuated that he was better than Suh. The only time he even compared himself was when DP said (paraphrasing): "Pretend I'm the GM of the Rams, tell me why I should take you instead of Suh." McCoy was just playing along, and talked about his quick first step. DP also asked if they went in a room together (Suh and McCoy) and the one that came out (last man standing) got to be the #1 pick, who would it be. McCoy simply joked around, saying he would let Suh go in first, stick one foot in just to say he was in the room, then shut the door.

McCoy was completely classy the whole interview and said he wouldn't mind at all if Bradford or Suh went before him.

• Fire 3

I look at this for what it is: a guy trying to separate himself and earn the number 1 overall pick.

That said, I think anybody who knows anything about football can pretty much down-grade anything McCoy said. I don't care if Nebraska runs a "read and react" defense or not, because Suh embarrassed McCoy statistically this last year and outdid him in almost every combine drill.

:rollin Not tough enough? 2010 stats aside, this talk is coming from the guy who jumped a half foot shorter than Suh, (explosiveness) and only benched 250lbs 23 times! (power) Oh my, you must be a total beast! :sarcasm

I guess it IS good to see someone is buying into all of Mike Mayock's McCoy hype.........................too bad it's mostly Gerald himself!

All true except they bench 225 pounds.

Thing that irks me is people say McCoys stats are less because he played in a rotation system. So now we're dealing with imaginary what-if stats? You can only count what ACTUALLY happened.

All true except they bench 225 pounds.

Thing that irks me is people say McCoys stats are less because he played in a rotation system. So now we're dealing with imaginary what-if stats? You can only count what ACTUALLY happened.

This, plus, if a guy had to be rotated in college, he's all of the sudden worthy of a number one pick to sit on the bench in the NFL? Or hes magically going to be able to be in on every snap against infinitely better competition? This "pass" vs "run" stuff is horsecrap too. Everyone knows these things ebb and flow in the NFL, but ultimately, the ability to stop the run is king. What happens when the defenses catch up to the pass? When they catch up to the gimmicky wildcat packages? The McCoy-is-quicker-pass-rushing-blah-blah-blah seem like shortsighted arguments to a long-term decision. None of it adds up to me. Suh dominates in every area-like you say, IT HAPPENED.

Nexus, can you change the thread title to "Steve Schafer is a libeller"

Or if not that, at least make it accurate: Gerald McCoy on what his critics say: "He's not tough enough."

Everyone really needs to listen to the actual interview, or look at the real quotes in context (in my post above). Schafer's article contains multiple lies that completely manipulate McCoy's real quotes.

- He DID NOT say he's better than Suh.

- He DID NOT say Suh's "not tough enough".

- He DID NOT say Suh's "too nice".

• Fire 2

I think people are aware, JTRAIN. My posts, and others, have nothing to do with what is contained in the "interview." My opinions of him and the contest between the two were formed well before this drivel. This guys article doesnt have any affect on the opinions I, and many others have already formed. Most everyone here already thinks its nonsense that anyone believes McCoy is a better player, athlete, or man, period...are tired of general Suh downgrading/bashing/McCoy hype...and I think thats what you see coming out in this thread, regardless of whether people are taking this article at face value.