More Inspiration to win the Big 12

The Big 12 has reached an agreement to supply one of the teams for the Pinstripe Bowl to be played on December 30 in Yankee Stadium. I'm sorry but spending late December in New York City and watching a football game played on a base ball field doesn't thrill me. All I can say to this bowl opportunity is I pray the Huskers never play so poorly that I have to make the choice between Florida/Arizona or New york.

T_O_B

:bonez

Yeah, right, nothing like going to the Bronx, watching a football game, getting mugged, getting lost on the subway, getting rolled in your hotel room by a hooker at 3 am (when you finally found where your hotel was)...that you didn't know was really a transvestite until it was too late....and that is if you are alive the next morning to remember it and not floating in the Hudson River with all the garbage. Then just getting to and from the airport would be a joke - and don't even think about taking your car, because there is nowhere to park, and if you take it to the Bronx it will be stripped in 5 minutes down to the twinkie wrapper in the trunk that has been there since last summer.

I'll pass on that trip. Thanks but no thanks....

Yeah, right, nothing like going to the Bronx, watching a football game, getting mugged, getting lost on the subway, getting rolled in your hotel room by a hooker at 3 am (when you finally found where your hotel was)...that you didn't know was really a transvestite until it was too late....and that is if you are alive the next morning to remember it and not floating in the Hudson River with all the garbage. Then just getting to and from the airport would be a joke - and don't even think about taking your car, because there is nowhere to park, and if you take it to the Bronx it will be stripped in 5 minutes down to the twinkie wrapper in the trunk that has been there since last summer.

And the worst of all-waking up the next morning realizing your in NEW YORK, then you puke.

A few short years ago a trip to that bowl would have been greatly appreciated. Let us not for get where we have come from. Things change quickly in both directions. Be thankful we are in an uptrend.

i would rather cut my testicles off then go to the hell hole that is new york. i'd take the 5-7 years to avoid that scum filled city.

That is actually exactly what happens to every single person, every time they go to New York. Very insightful stuff.

How many of you have been to NYC? Granted, it would be a real crap bowl game to get stuck with, but Manhattan can be a hell of a lot of fun, not to mention that it's New Year's weekend! It's obviously a huge culture shock for most Nebraskans, but give it a try. I was there on business and stayed over the weekend-it has the largest variety of neighborhoods, restaurants, bars, theaters(etc etc etc) that you'll ever find anywhere. The variety of food is absolutely amazing.

I spent an entire weekend doing a walking tour of everywhere I could between south Central Park and Battery Park(with a subway cheat or two thrown into the mix). I had an absolute blast, and thought that the people were great. Stay away from the tourist trap area(Times Square), and you'll have a great time in mid/lower Manhattan.

• Fire 1

So, is the getting rolled by a hooker at 3am which turns out to be a transvestite coming from experience?

I didn't realize Eddie Murphy frequented this board.

LOL oh man, this was the discussion in class and at work. I think it's bc the Music City bowl is going under due to altercations of the guy who ran that being a jackass. But i think the idea is cool, there used to be football games played in the old Yankee stadium if any of you recall.

The bad thing is, is the weather, especially with all the snow NYC got this winter, i'm sure it'll be the same/worse in the next few years. Idk if it'd be worth all the money spent tho =|