Niles Paul breaks his Uncle Ahman Green's 10 yd. dash record

Nexus

Why am I still having such a hard time believing this? Niles Paul is the quickest Husker in history? Really?

I'm sure it was hand-clocked, and the margin of error would most likely be over 2-hundredths of a second.

For reasons of legitimacy, Paul said, Dobson had him run it twice and the result was the same.

Seems consistent to me

This hasn't been updated for years, but as of 2003 Keith Jones held the I-back record with 1.45 seconds and Khari Reynolds held the overall with 1.44. Other sites reported that Fabian Washington had the 1.42, but that was apparantly hand held.

Brandon Kinnie also ran a 1.4 something that broke the old WR record. Cody Green tied Steve Taylor's record of 1.5 at QB, Helu tied the RB record at 1.45 and Rex ran a 1.49.

This tells me that Dobson is doing an amazing job working with these kids.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=6164

How did Helu tie the RB record at 1.45 when Ahman Green held the team record of 1.42?

10 yd is probably one of the best things for a reciever no? i think Matt Davison had a slow 40 but fast 10.

Yeah, Matt Davidson did not have blazing speed. He really didn’t even have decent speed. He was slow. But Davison had the best hands of any wide receiver I can think of. Better even than Swift. If a pass was thrown anywhere near Davison he would haul it in. The guy had hands like an industrial vacuum cleaner covered with stickum. I don’t think many people appreciated how talented Matt Davison was at catching the ball.

If Niles Paul had Matt Davison’s ability to catch the ball he would be the best WR in the country.

I agree the guy was amazing catching the ball. Somehow he had glue in his hands as he was automatic if the ball was anywhere close to him.

That's got to be the most under-rated skill of any football position imo. You can have lightning speed but it's worthless if you don't catch the ball.

I think Dobson may have been Bo's best hire, he really seems to be making a difference.

I'll reserve my praise for Dobson until he can get a handle on the injury bug our O-Lines have been plagued by. Our O-Line were the most resilient to injuries in years past, but now it seems---at least since the Callahan years---our O-Line has been taking a serious beating.

I think Dobson may have been Bo's best hire, he really seems to be making a difference.

I'll reserve my praise for Dobson until he can get a handle on the injury bug our O-Lines have been plagued by. Our O-Line were the most resilient to injuries in years past, but now it seems---at least since the Callahan years---our O-Line has been taking a serious beating.

You're right the lack of depth at o-line had nothing to do with it . :facepalm: