Quentin Castille Update

If you’re looking for something to do today, how about submitting your name for the NFL’s supplemental draft? Evidently anyone can do it, even Quentin Castille.

Pelini unceremoniously booted the once promising running back on August 22 for the usual mysterious undisclosed violation of team rules, ending Castille’s shot at the riches and fame of pro football.

Or so we thought! Castille has found his way into the NFL draft after all. He’s parlaying the 349 yards rushing that he racked up in 11 games during his junior year at something called “Northwestern State University” in 2009. What NFL team wouldn’t want a D-1 castoff who averaged 3.3 yards/carry and 0.09 TD/game against the likes of McNeese State, Sam Houston State and Nicholls? (In fairness, he did post 7 yards on 8 carries in NSU’s 68-13 loss to Baylor.)

If I sound bitter it’s because the last time we saw Quentin Castille he was running all over Clemson in the 2009 Gator Bowl, posting 125 yards rushing while Helu and Lucky were slowed by injuries. He could have been good. And because of Castille’s undisclosed shenanigans, these things didn’t happen: (1) the easy Iowa State victory in October, (2) Helu’s orderly and unrushed return from injury, and (3) Rex Burkhead’s uneventful (and healthy) 2009 redshirt year. And of course, (4) Quentin Castille’s NFL career.

LINK(Better off Red)

• Fire 3

If you're looking for something to do today, how about submitting your name for the NFL's supplemental draft? Evidently anyone can do it, even Quentin Castille.

Pelini unceremoniously booted the once promising running back on August 22 for the usual mysterious undisclosed violation of team rules, ending Castille's shot at the riches and fame of pro football.

Or so we thought! Castille has found his way into the NFL draft after all. He's parlaying the 349 yards rushing that he racked up in 11 games during his junior year at something called "Northwestern State University" in 2009. What NFL team wouldn't want a D-1 castoff who averaged 3.3 yards/carry and 0.09 TD/game against the likes of McNeese State, Sam Houston State and Nicholls? (In fairness, he did post 7 yards on 8 carries in NSU's 68-13 loss to Baylor.)

If I sound bitter it's because the last time we saw Quentin Castille he was running all over Clemson in the 2009 Gator Bowl, posting 125 yards rushing while Helu and Lucky were slowed by injuries. He could have been good. And because of Castille's undisclosed shenanigans, these things didn't happen: (1) the easy Iowa State victory in October, (2) Helu's orderly and unrushed return from injury, and (3) Rex Burkhead's uneventful (and healthy) 2009 redshirt year. And of course, (4) Quentin Castille's NFL career.

LINK(Better off Red)

Personally I was never that big of a Quentin Castille fan. When I heard he was let go honestly I didn't give it much thought besides wondering why he was let go.

Good luck with that, Quentin. Should have filed a little sooner smart guy. If a pick is made in the supplemental draft, doesnt the team lose the corresponding pick from the next years actual draft? Pretty big gamble on someone such as Q, who apparently had more important things to do than file for the actual draft.

it is a shame the way things worked out for Q. i hope for nothing but the best for him, but i really believe that another year in college would be a lot better for him

Yeah, it really is a shame the way things worked out. I was a big fan of Q. The guy had tons of talent. The potential to be a Sunday player. But he pissed it away. And now the Supplemental Draft? He would have been better off staying in school and getting a degree.

I understand the bitterness, but things happen in football. If we were to fret over every change that comes with a football team, we'd all lose our minds.

He made his choices and now he must live with them, and so must we. So I say good luck to Q, whether he's bleeding Husker red or not.

it is a shame the way things worked out for Q. i hope for nothing but the best for him, but i really believe that another year in college would be a lot better for him

Yeah, it really is a shame the way things worked out. I was a big fan of Q. The guy had tons of talent. The potential to be a Sunday player. But he pissed it away. And now the Supplemental Draft? He would have been better off staying in school and getting a degree.

I agree. Maybe getting booted was the best thing to happen to him and he saw the light. If the NFL finds him worthy he will be rewarded with a try, if not then it is"Would you like to biggy size that? Let the kid live with his consequences.

Or so we thought! Castille has found his way into the NFL draft after all. He’s parlaying the 349 yards rushing that he racked up in 11 games during his junior year at something called “Northwestern State University” in 2009. What NFL team wouldn’t want a D-1 castoff who averaged 3.3 yards/carry and 0.09 TD/game against the likes of McNeese State, Sam Houston State and Nicholls? (In fairness, he did post 7 yards on 8 carries in NSU’s 68-13 loss to Baylor.)

LINK(Better off Red)

And four fumbles on 107 carries

Another link

He has the frame to make it in the NFL so you never know. Also in all fairness to him I bet his o-line werent exactly all-american.

and in all fairness to Div 1 athletes as a whole, just how great do you think the d-lineman and linebackers were he was running into?

For the fact Northwestern States record was 0-11 last year their athletes were a lot better.