Jamal Tunrer #16, Aaron Green #7

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2366

Looks like Jamal Turner might be a 5.9 :star:star:star:star

And Aaron green will either be a 6.0 :star:star:star:star or a :star:star:star:star:star

FWIW a 6.0 rating is a five star rating not a four star. Not trying to be mean or anything, just informing.

I have an RSS subscription but I never post or pay attention to star rating. Does that mean JT is .1 away from a 6.0? Also, for whoever was surprised JT is the #1 QB, the Rivals guys (Talman, Sean C.), have been pretty adamant that where you commit has nothing to do with player rankings. Of course, it can't hurt your star rating to have 30+ offers, but from what I remember Rex had a ton and only 3 stars. Then again, this is all personal speculation anyway, so one shouldn't care too much.

Rex was a four star.

LINK

And Aaron green will either be a 6.0 :star:star:star:star or a :star:star:star:star:star

FWIW a 6.0 rating is a five star rating not a four star. Not trying to be mean or anything, just informing.

I have an RSS subscription but I never post or pay attention to star rating. Does that mean JT is .1 away from a 6.0? Also, for whoever was surprised JT is the #1 QB, the Rivals guys (Talman, Sean C.), have been pretty adamant that where you commit has nothing to do with player rankings. Of course, it can't hurt your star rating to have 30+ offers, but from what I remember Rex had a ton and only 3 stars. Then again, this is all personal speculation anyway, so one shouldn't care too much.

Rex was a four star.

LINK

The mo'rons at scout had him as a three star.

2-3 years ago Helu was our best back by far... now Rex is up there with him as a true freshman, Trey is now sitting at 232lbs and was the one who is taking a lot of leadership in the off-season (he printed out 80 :01's and hung them on the teams lockers as motivation to remember the Texas game). Braylon Heard is coming in in the fall (we hope he makes it) and he looks like he is going to be able to make an immediate impact... 3 years into Bo Pelini's NU reign, we now have 3 backs who are ready to play... with 1 more coming in the fall. We could potentially have 4 backs ready to go come September... we haven't had this much quality depth at RB since Frank Solich.

:star

Rex was a four star.

LINK

The idiots at scout also had lavonte as a 3 :star , Braylon Heard as a 3 :star (34th best running back in the nation, rivals had him at 5th best), Brion Carnes as a 3 :star.

The idiots at scout also had lavonte as a 3 :star , Braylon Heard as a 3 :star (34th best running back in the nation, rivals had him at 5th best), Brion Carnes as a 3 :star.

Too early to call Scout moronic for those ratings. Heard, David, and Carnes might not pan out . . . in which case Rivals will be the recruiting service that made the wrong prediction. We'll see.

Too early to call Scout moronic for those ratings. Heard, David, and Carnes might not pan out . . . in which case Rivals will be the recruiting service that made the wrong prediction. We'll see.

Shut up Carlfense you know nothing. They are all going to be All-Americans. :laughpound

:sarcasm just kidding man :cheers

Shut up Carlfense you know nothing. They are all going to be All-Americans. :laughpound

I hope you're right. Actually I hope that both services were wrong and they should have been rated as 5 stars.

I hope you're right. Actually I hope that both services were wrong and they should have been rated as 5 stars.

jake cotton=6 :star

:star

Rex was a four star.

LINK

Oh, thanks. I "misremembered," about Rex. I also think I phrased my question in a stupid way. It won't take much more his senior season to bump Jamal Turner to a 5 star then?

jake cotton=6 :star

:facepalm: he'll be good though

FWIW your wrong.

FWIW I would have been better off not filling out a March Madness bracket this year....just saying.

FWIW-I am pumped that we already have Jamal and we have a great chance to get Green. This has a chance to be one of the best classes of Alltime!!!

FWIW-I just wanted to say FWIW. thanks.

2-3 years ago Helu was our best back by far... now Rex is up there with him as a true freshman, Trey is now sitting at 232lbs and was the one who is taking a lot of leadership in the off-season (he printed out 80 :01's and hung them on the teams lockers as motivation to remember the Texas game). Braylon Heard is coming in in the fall (we hope he makes it) and he looks like he is going to be able to make an immediate impact... 3 years into Bo Pelini's NU reign, we now have 3 backs who are ready to play... with 1 more coming in the fall. We could potentially have 4 backs ready to go come September... we haven't had this much quality depth at RB since Frank Solich.

2006?

• Fire 1

2006?

+1 Cody Glenn, Marlon Lucky, Kenny Wilson, Leon Jackson. I would say on paper that looks like quality depth at the RB position to me.

2006?

+1 Cody Glenn, Marlon Lucky, Kenny Wilson, Leon Jackson. I would say on paper that looks like quality depth at the RB position to me.

Don't forget the best running back of the bunch in 2006 . . . Brandon Jackson.

2006?

Don't forget the best running back of the bunch in 2006 . . . Brandon Jackson.

How could I forget B-Jacks :facepalm: