NU vs Wisconsin in '12 & '15?

A Husker schedule tip from Big Ten country:

Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema on Tuesday tweeted the following:

"Also trying to lock up a home and home contest with Notre Dame or Nebraska for the future. (Home 2012 away 2015). Would be fun for WI fans."

Would be fun for Husker fans.

According to Husker.com, Nebraska has two openings on its non-conference schedule for both 2012 and 2015. In 2012, the Huskers have games scheduled Sept. 1 at home against Southern Miss and Sept. 8 at UCLA. In 2015, Nebraska has a Sept. 19 game scheduled at Miami and a Sept. 26 home game against Southern Miss.

Would you want to add WIsconsin to that mix?

LINK

Wouldnt have to worry about anyone calling our non-con weak.

That would be a fun series, but 2012 would be especially brutal with games being @ UCLA -AND- @ Wisconsin...??? That doesnt sound like something the Nebraska athletic department would go for. Dont see that happening IMHO.

Anytime, Anyplace, and Anywhere i guess they want to live by this. I personally love a tough schedules. I'm tired of seeing teams like Florida being credited for have a tough schedule when they play the Eastern Coastal Central Carolina School of the Deaf and blind.

Wouldnt have to worry about anyone calling our non-con weak.

That would be a fun series, but 2012 would be especially brutal with games being @ UCLA -AND- @ Wisconsin...??? That doesnt sound like something the Nebraska athletic department would go for. Dont see that happening IMHO.

Nail on the head, there. 2 road games to BCS schools is not what Dr Tom has in mind for scheduling. I'd love to see that series happen, but doubtful for 2012.

If we could get the trip up to Madison in a year where we have another team at home that'd be one thing, but both years they are looking for we already have our big game road trip for that OOC filled. Don't see us having two OOC road games in a given year. Costs too much to do that.

Given our recent schedule history. I dont see this working out. We have been scheduling, 3 cupcakes and a BCS school for quite awhile now. But if Brett's Girls wanna play Bo's Boys then am I all for it. I would definiately make the trip Madison for the game.

Not going to lie, gameday in Madison is insane. City-wide, it's a much better experience than Lincoln. In Camp Randall it is at least comparable. Plus it's a fairly short drive (7-hours) so you can trip up there after a half-day on Friday and make it for a Saturday kick-off.

Not going to lie, gameday in Madison is insane. City-wide, it's a much better experience than Lincoln. In Camp Randall it is at least comparable. Plus it's a fairly short drive (7-hours) so you can trip up there after a half-day on Friday and make it for a Saturday kick-off.

Gameday at Camp Randall is great....Madison is an awesome time anytime of the year. Their student section is great as well...this is probably one of the only places that compares to gameday in Lincoln.

Gameday at Camp Randall is great....Madison is an awesome time anytime of the year. Their student section is great as well...this is probably one of the only places that compares to gameday in Lincoln.

You bet. Madison is a GREAT college town! I love their liberal thinking … concening beer drinking. :)

Never been to UW Madison on gameday but I’ll bet it’s a blast.