i think your rumor was related to an article that was recently written in which jamrog said that we would not be rescheduling any future opponents because it is an $800,000 buyout....

Thats a hefty price to replace FCS school. Plus, we are less than 5 months away from the season starting, I cant imagine any rescheduling at this point. Unless its a cant miss opportunity.

This game is definitely staying on the schedule, I just hope the grumbling from fans that NU played a weak OC doesn't get too loud considering both Florida and eventual champion Alabama both played an FCS team last year.

Exactly, It really grinds my gears when people say our OoC schedule is weak. It gives us a chance to knock off the rust a little bit by playing some teams that need a paycheck. But look at this way we play UW who everybody says is gonna light the world on fire(im not buying it) and Idaho who won 8 games last year, and is a threat to do the same this year. To me that is exactly what you want in a teams OoC schedule. 2 games that are sure winnable and 2 games that show how competitive the team actually is gonna be.

i can guarantee you that SDSU thinks they can win this, and they will be playing that way. they almost beat minn. (they should have, and i know that minn. would have finished dead last in the Big XII) and they will believe they can play with anyone. i hope they are not our appalachian state, i don't think they will be, but you never know. they are really hungry and won't be coming in just to get a paycheck, they will be coming wanting to play some ball.

i can guarantee you that SDSU thinks they can win this, and they will be playing that way. they almost beat minn. (they should have, and i know that minn. would have finished dead last in the Big XII) and they will believe they can play with anyone. i hope they are not our appalachian state, i don't think they will be, but you never know. they are really hungry and won't be coming in just to get a paycheck, they will be coming wanting to play some ball.

I'm from South Dakota and have seen plenty of Jack games over the years. The jack rabbits are going to get plastered. They can't hang with decent BCS schools. Sorry, Minnesota was horrid at times last year. I'll eat crow if they put up more than 3.

I'm from South Dakota and have seen plenty of Jack games over the years. The jack rabbits are going to get plastered. They can't hang with decent BCS schools. Sorry, Minnesota was horrid at times last year. I'll eat crow if they put up more than 3.

i'm not saying they will win, or even be able to play with us. i'm just say pride comes before the fall, i.e. you can never be too careful/humble. they deserve some respect, what i was saying was that they see themselves becoming a legitimate div. 1 football team and will be coming at us hard, they won't be coming just to collect a paycheck and beat down, even though that is probably all they'll get. this is a huge opportunity for them, and they'll try to make the best of it.

by the way, check out my screen name.

It will be interesting to see how SDSU bounces back after the loss that ended their season last year, They will probably be a pretty hungry team all season after the taste they have in their mouth after that

Besides I'd rather play a team trying to prove that they can play with the big boy, and will give us everything they have, then a team in Western Kentucky that may not have as much motivation

SD=SOUTH DAKOTA?

All this time I thought we were going to play the AZTECS.

I was even thinking of driving out to San Diego for the away game.

Why does Missery get to play them this year?

Also BYU, TCU, Utah...

Good thing I didn't pm sd'sker about Sea World or that Wild Animal Park. :facepalm: