Marlon Lucky getting a tryout with the Jets

Nexus

I wonder if Callahan pulled some strings for him? Either way, I wish Lucky the best. I hope he makes it.

NEW YORK (AP) The New York Jets have signed 10 undrafted free agents, including Michigan cornerback Donovan Warren, a person familiar with the deals told The Associated Press on Monday.

The person spoke Monday night on condition of anonymity because the team had not yet announced the deals.

Also signed were: linebacker Kevin Basped (Nevada), guard Keith Buckman (North Dakota State), tight end Jeff Cumberland (Illinois), cornerback Brian Jackson (Oklahoma), defensive end Jason Lamb (Baylor), linebacker Broderick Stewart (Vanderbilt), offensive tackle Matt Stommes (Minnesota), guard Charlie Tanner (Texas) and defensive tackle Ernest Williams (Pittsburgh).

Warren's four interceptions led the Wolverines in 2009, and he was at one time considered one of the top cornerbacks available in the draft. But a subpar 40-yard dash time - 4.59 - at the NFL combine in February contributed to the drop in his draft status.

"Ready to get there and prove everybody wrong," Warren wrote in a text message to the AP on Saturday after the draft was over.

The Jets are loaded at cornerback with Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Dwight Lowery, Drew Coleman, Marquice Cole and first-round pick Kyle Wilson, but coach Rex Ryan likes having a surplus of players at the position.

New York also brought in 20 players on a tryout basis, including running back Marlon Lucky (Nebraska), quarterback Alex Brink (Washington State), wide receiver Wesley Lyons (West Virginia) and linebacker Brashton Satele (Hawaii).

LINK

Some surprising people go undrafted. I was surprised that nobody took a look at Danario Alexander from Mizzou. He's got a big body and solid hands. Maybe teams are scared of his injury history.

I think the injuries are playing a huge role. He hasn't been passing team physicals from what I've read.

Some surprising people go undrafted. I was surprised that nobody took a look at Danario Alexander from Mizzou. He's got a big body and solid hands. Maybe teams are scared of his injury history.

I think the injuries are playing a huge role. He hasn't been passing team physicals from what I've read.

ESPN Big 12 blog, in an article that had Big 12 free agent signings, said that Alexander basically got inquiries from everyone in the League, but they wanted to check out his knees first. It said that he has had 3-4 knee surgeries in the last couple of years.

The Jets got Shawn Green of Iowa fame, and last I heard he was their new starter (somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that). Considering how well Lucky caught the ball and picked up blocks, you'd think that he could find a 3rd down back reserve role somewhere. Wish him the best.

The Jets also picked up Ladainian Tomlinson in the offseason......

I wish him the best, but I just don't think he has a chance...they have some good RBs there...

Whatever happened to the kid from North Platte?

Danny Whitehead er something?

EDIT:

Looks like he (Woodhead) still might be a Jet.

New York Jets

Woodhead went undrafted in the 2008 NFL Draft. However, he received a call from the New York Jets moments before the draft ended, about the two parties coming to an agreement on an undrafted rookie free agent contract. It was announced shortly after, that Woodhead had signed a deal with the organization.[4]

On July 26, 2008, Woodhead was waived/injured by the Jets after being carted off due to an injury. He spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve.

Woodhead initially survived final cuts in September 2009, only to be waived a day later on September 6. He was re-signed to the Jets' practice squad on September 8.[5] In October, Woodhead was moved from running back to wide receiver. On October 17, Woodhead was signed to the active roster after Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith became injured.

Woodhead saw his first regular season action on October 25, 2009. In the 38-0 win vs the Oakland Raiders, Woodhead rushed three times for 24 yards.[6]

I could see Marlon Lucky catching on someplace. Lucky is one of the best RBs we’ve had who can catch balls out of the backfield since Roger Craig. He is probably a better RB than most NU fans give him credit for.

The Jets got Shawn Green of Iowa fame, and last I heard he was their new starter (somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that). Considering how well Lucky caught the ball and picked up blocks, you'd think that he could find a 3rd down back reserve role somewhere. Wish him the best.

Pretty sure Thomas Jones is still the starter there.