Player: Christian French

Hometown: Cedar Rapids, IA

School: Kennedy

Position: Athlete

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 218 lbs.

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Louisville, Missouri, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Nebraska

Schools showing interest: USC, Oregon, Texas Tech, Texas A&M

Recruited by: Barney Cotton

Rivals:

Scouts: :star:star:star

Rivals250 to watch

Kid grew up liking the Huskers and not only have we sent him letters and invitation for the spring game but now we're sending coaches down to Kennedy High School to talk to the kid.

Heres a video of him just talking about a basketball win and I just posted it to show off his character and he doesn't come off cocky or anything of that sort.

What position do you think we'd place him in?

DE or TE would be a good guess.

I'm gonna say defense because he put up better numbers on the defensive side of the ball compared to offense. I think he'll be a DE like aspeedlin4589 said.

I updated his 40 time because I missed it and they have a video of his highlights on Rivals and looks like he spent most of his time playing Safety and everytime he blitzed they had him lined up at DE. Kid also returns punts and was shown a little bit lining up in the slot. For his size he's got good speed in the open field but doen't have the playmaking ability to juke defenders.

The people I know from Cedar Rapids say the kid couldnt catch a cold. DE may be a good bet. Like Arakpo from Texas.

Per HI French just got an offer.

If the kid can't catch it does make the question of where to put him interesting. To play D he'd have to put considerable size on that tall frame. Really seems to be athletic though.

You can teach kids how to catch. If his measurables are somewhat correct, let's just get him here and sort things out later. But with that size and speed I think we should put him at WR first and go from there. Tell him to keep putting some meat on his bones so he's around 225-230 pds by the end of his second year. If there's no improvement from him at WR, or there is a shortage at DE but not WR depth, move him to defense.