ATH Christian French

Apathy

You can teach kids how to catch. If his measurables are somewhat correct, let's just get him here and sort things out later. But with that size and speed I think we should put him at WR first and go from there. Tell him to keep putting some meat on his bones so he's around 225-230 pds by the end of his second year. If there's no improvement from him at WR, or there is a shortage at DE but not WR depth, move him to defense.

I can't quite agree with that. Catching is probably right up there with speed as being something that is almost totally innate. You can teach them to run routes. You can teach them to block. But if they can't catch . . . they will probably never be able to catch. See Frantz Hardy.

You can teach kids how to catch. If his measurables are somewhat correct, let's just get him here and sort things out later. But with that size and speed I think we should put him at WR first and go from there. Tell him to keep putting some meat on his bones so he's around 225-230 pds by the end of his second year. If there's no improvement from him at WR, or there is a shortage at DE but not WR depth, move him to defense.

I can't quite agree with that. Catching is probably right up there with speed as being something that is almost totally innate. You can teach them to run routes. You can teach them to block. But if they can't catch . . . they will probably never be able to catch. See Frantz Hardy.

Agree. You can either catch or go play safety.

a 6'6 peso back? I really doubt it. The closest thing we have to that is Fisher at 6'5 and he's far from someone like Hagg or Cassidy or possibly David if that's the position he starts at. This kid is a sure fire lock to be a DE IMO, if he indeed can't catch that is.

I'd say a DE. His frame kind of reminds me of the Delvin Jones kid that committed to Miss St last year. It is not out of the question for him to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle since that weight was taken either. He could possibly be 6ft6 and 230lbs now.

He runs in the 11s in the 100 meters as well

• 1 month later...

I think we are recruiting him for the offensive side of the ball. TE or WR. I think I remember reading it in the last rivals article. Said just about every school has him on offense with the exception of 1 or 2....and I don't think we were 1 of the 2.

any info on the new rivals teaser? Thanks in advance!

We're recruiting him on the defensive side of the ball as a DE. He'll maybe go visit Kansas, K-State, Notre Dame, Iowa, Iowa State, and Mizzou since they don't take 6-7 hours to get to.

Said that its up in the air but will probably visit Nebraska sometime this month (June).

We're recruiting him on the defensive side of the ball as a DE. He'll maybe go visit Kansas, K-State, Notre Dame, Iowa, Iowa State, and Mizzou since they don't take 6-7 hours to get to.

Said that its up in the air but will probably visit Nebraska sometime this month (June).

Thank you HuskerJock

Thank you HuskerJock

No problem.....another note communication is a huge factor with this kid like how many times he can call them and how often they'll call him.

i'm nervous about Mizzou coming in and sweeping him away as a WR... they know how to laso in some big ones with lots of promises and fame...with that said, I will say though, this kid seems like one to want to be apart of a team environment more so than a "me" environment... I think we fit that well.

If they will give him a shot to play WR I will gladly let them waste the scholly. Everyone that I know from his area has told me the kid couldnt catch a cold even in a winter like we had.